October 25, 2014 | 1886 users online

Loose Powders - Cover Girl - loose powder

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2004 11:56:00 AM More reviews by PrettyPinkPrincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this product okay, it gets the job done. But, it's pretty messy and I don't like the puff that comes with it. I use a sephora brush and it works okay. it mattifies your skin. But now since it's winter, my face is so dry, I need something else besides powder. But during the summer its a wonderful un-greaser. ;-]

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2004 12:13:00 PM More reviews by s3dated

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Decent product. It mattifies my face and makeup when I use it, and has a nice subtle shimmer to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2004 3:13:00 PM More reviews by XOBabyGirlXO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i LOVE this powder! at first i used a powder brush to apply it but i kept having to apply it ever 3 hours, so i desided to try the puff it came with-i really like it! it seems like no matter how much you put on it doesnt really get that thick powder look. it does have somewhat of a scent, which i dont really like, but i mind it. but the packageing does suck i wish it had a screw on lid, i'm afrad it's gonna spill in my purse someday and the plastic seems pretty cheap...but overall its a great product and i'll defenitly buy it again!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2004 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Dwala

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's ok for the price, but it isn't great. I may repurchase if I need powder and haven't a better option available.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2004 8:44:00 PM More reviews by mickey52087

i love it i do i do i have oily skin and it sets in so well!!!!!1

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2004 8:09:00 PM More reviews by blind_maharet

This is my HG loose powder. I love the texture, the color, the coverage, and, most of all, the price! I wouldn't recommend this for people with very dry skin or those with fine lines as it can tend to bring those out. But for an oily, acne prone, girl like me, it's a godsend. UPDATE: Now that my tan has significantly faded I've realized this stuff oxidizes and turns my makeup slighty orange. It's not that obvious during the summer, but during the paler times of year it's quite noticeable. I've been using it as a bronzer recently.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2004 12:20:00 AM More reviews by benny316

I first used loose powder by MAC, and I was talked into the brush that went with it. Most college kids can't afford a complete MAC face, so I was stuck looking for an alternative. I'm the type of girl who wants to put on her concealer, then loose powder, then mascara, then go. I've found Cover Girl does the trick for me. The packaging is indeed ugly and the smell is a little heavy (and I hate standing in that cloud of powder I always get, no matter how many taps I give my brush before sweeping it over my face), but it stays put on my "combination" fair skin. I never notice any shimmer, which is great for me. I don't use the puff that comes with it- I use my good brush, and, really, I think that makes all the difference on some days. I would rather splurge on the tools than the make-up itself, and I've found a match-up that works well for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2004 11:26:00 PM More reviews by smiles4c

I was using NYC Loose Translucent, which I think controls oil *slightly* better, but is just too pink-based for my yellow skintone...I realized one day that it was bringing out the redness in my face :( So I went on a drugstore hunt for a more yellow-based loose powder, and ended up purchasing this. I'm happy with it, have been using it for about three weeks, and it hasn't broken me out. I know lots of people don't care for the scent, but I like it :D It has a lot more coverage than NYC, especially for being a translucent powder. The packaging, while better than NYC's, still isn't the best - I wish the lid screwed on, I worry about it spilling :P

Skintone: NC20/C2
Product Match: Translucent Fair

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2004 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Eleven

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This seems to have the tiniest shimmer in it and stays matte and helps to set makeup. Considering that the department store brands' loose powders are at least three times the price they don't seem to perform much better than the Covergirl. The pot has lasted me over 2 years and I use it everyday. Definitely a bargain buy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2004 10:25:00 AM More reviews by sharopooks

Did not like this. Sat like chalk on my face. Wasn't sure if I got a shade too dark (medium), and the finish wasn't nice enough for me to buy the next lightest to find out.