April 17, 2014 | 1771 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Pleasures Delight

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2007 5:45:00 PM More reviews by GoshILoveYou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't put my finger on it.. it smells so nice. My mom got it for Christmas, and I'm wearing it more than she is. It's al ittle strong, stays on for a long time. Just one spray on your wrists, rubbing them together, and then rubbing your neck does wonders.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2007 11:47:00 AM More reviews by southern_princess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this very shortly after it was first released after smelling a magazine sample. The first time I used it, I thought it smelled wonderful and I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist. I don't know what happened after that, but it morphed into a sickely smell that I cannot tolerate. If this fragrance were everything that I hoped it would be -- a sweet, creamy fragrance with distinct notes of strawberry -- I think it would be my HG. I have tried to use it a few times but to no avail -- it's just all wrong. I give it two lippies b/c the bottle is nice (if understated) and the ad is beautiful, but deceptive in regards to the actual scent.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2007 9:18:00 PM More reviews by LadyMedb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Another sugared patchouli, Angel Lite. Yawn. What's interesting about it, though, is I can detect very little similarity to the other Pleasures, so that's at least a new thing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2007 8:01:00 PM More reviews by luloo

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I don't get any bakery smells from this at all, just a blast of patchouli. Definitely try before you buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2007 7:40:00 AM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this version of Pleasures. The original Pleasures i do not like as it makes me want to claw my eyes out but Pleasures Delight is totally different. Whenever i wear it i like to imagine tiny cupcakes, cakes, strawberries, and flowers are hovering all around me for the entire time i am wearing it. Also, during the time all these goodies are floating about me the sky is pink, the clouds are pink, everything is PINK!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2007 7:59:00 PM More reviews by reihasama

It smells a lot less gourmand than I expected it would. I received this as a gift recently, and was ecstatic, having wanted to try it for a long time. It smells very floral, but with a good bit of vanilla, strawberries, and (ugh) a wee bit too much patchouli for my liking. It's a bit too "mainstream," but it is a lovely fragrance that I do enjoy wearing. It's better for cooler weather, if you must have your fix of "Pleasures" in cold weather. My only beef with the bottle is that it doesn't spray enough. The nozzle squeezes out a tiny skimpy bit of a pouf of fragrance, and while that's perfect for some, those of us who are small, lacking in body heat, and therefore severely sillage-challenged will have a hard time of it; the itty bitty mist of perfume doesn't do it for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2007 10:33:00 AM More reviews by keahi

From the descriptions of this fragrance I convinced myself I would love this and had to have it. I've been obsessed with gourmands lately and this sounded essential. I'm sorry to say I'm underwhelmed. Though nice, sweet, and tasty smelling, there is just something so *generic* about this gourmand--can't place it. Something about this is soul-less--like a BBW body splash as opposed to a well-crafted and sensual perfume that develops into something secret and personal on a woman's skin. To be honest, I find this to be the case with most EL perfumes. While some of them are pleasing, they strike me as rather one-dimensional, uninteresting. I'll probably finish this nice-smelling bottle of Pleasures Delight--don't get me wrong--it smells yummy! But once I've finished, I'm moving on to something with a little more je ne sais quoi.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2007 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Tartini

First off, as a sidenote, I love the Pleasures packaging... love the simplicity of it.
Ok, was full of expectation for Pleasures Delight and boy, what a let down. Another could-mistake-it-for-shampoo scent - has that same generic undertone that so many of the Ralphs do. I was expecting something a bit more complex and sweeter too... don't get me wrong, it's not a nasty scent at all, but it is nothing special.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2007 3:20:00 AM More reviews by KarenCG

I tend to like sweet fragrances and thought I would like this one, but NO, NO, NO........ it's kind of nice at first, but the dry down on me is difficult to explain, but some kind of fake smell.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2007 2:56:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

At first I thought this smelled really pretty, but when I sampled it on myself it turned synthetic and a bit cloying. It has very good staying power which is always a plus, but this is not a smell I want lingering on my skin for any extended period of time.