December 21, 2014 | 1869 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Voluminous Marker eyeliner

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by cherrywhiz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of the worse eyeliners I've used. It is difficult to apply, the thicker part is just too thick and looks clumpsy, all over the place, when applied, Horrible. The only way you can have a little control is with the fine tip. BUT It applies kind of watery, not a deep color, and it ends up applying sloppy. But the worse part is that besides not lasting in place for long, it creeped into my eyes, irritating them so much, had to use allergy drops repeatedly to relieve the redness, irritation, grainy feeling. This was a total waste of money. I think the the concept seems good, but it is totally non practical.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2010 9:14:00 AM More reviews by 3sunsetflower3

I happened to like this product. However, it's understandable that other people wouldn't like it. In my eyeliner compartment, I always keep a pencil, those retractable ones, the usual liquid ones, and this. For a while I admit that I stopped using this marker eyeliner b/c I wanted to go light on my eyes and used pencil ones. Then I wanted to go back to liquid, and decided to use another brand liquid eyeliner (forgetting that I had the L'oreal marker). After a few strokes and cotton swabs, I had the look I wanted. For me, somehow, the liquid eyeliner that I was using (in those containers where you shake it) felt heavy on my eyelids, so looking through my compartment, I was surprised to see the marker eyeliner and decided to rekindle our friendship. Sooo..,the reason why I like it is because I ONLY use the tip part (I'm not sure how other people use it) but I still achieved the same look I had when I used the conventional liq. eyeliner. True, it doesn't have the staying power of the conventional liq. eyeliner, but for me that's a plus, because I just feel better wiping it away at the end of the day than to put a little more force cleaning my eyelids (gently though) with the conventional ones. OTHER pluses: it doesn't smudge. It has that quality of a liquid eyeliner (unlike the pencil ones). I go through the whole day fine with it; easier to apply for me than the liq. ones, and lastly, people can't tell the difference (they think it's just liquid eyeliner, which..it is..sorta).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Newnew68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i have been using this eyeliner for more than a year, and always get them when they are on sale at Rite Aid. I have to say I love it! I have used many eyeliner, liquid and crayon kind. I find this is the easiest to apply with the no non-sense point. Not too wide at all to me, it is just right. It is much easier to apply than those thin and soft point like most liquid eyeliner does. Also the liquid is good, because it doesn't smudge like the crayons. It stays either off or on, so if it is smudge, just apply again, it is easy to clean. Crayons will make a stupid dark circle around my eyes, it is much harder to come off.

I know it has bad ratings, but I really hope they don't discontinue it. I just love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2009 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Onlyleica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can see why people wouldn't like this. Since I'm a big fan of winged eyes, however, it works perfectly...especially with wide lines. It doesn't smear and stays on all day.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2009 4:02:00 AM More reviews by jadegutierrez

horrible! this smears, is hard to apply because of the thick marker tip, and is not worth your money!!!@!%4

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2009 1:52:00 AM More reviews by shortstuff87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

THis was the crappiest thing inthe world. its watry, it does make a thin line or anything!! I only bought this cuz the stupid girl at makeup counter atwalgreens told me this is the best thing ever and I shoulda just went wit my gut and not have bought it!! UGH !!!! I want my money back!! grrrrrrrrr!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by loverofmineralmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Simply put, this product is just B.A.D., very B.A.D., supremely B.A.D!!! This eyeliner is literally in the shape of a magic marker which you are "suppose" to swipe across your lash line which is impossible since it's so big and clunky. Also, if you like a thin line of eyeliner this is not the eyeliner for you, and if you like a thicker line of eyeliner (which I do), again, this eyeliner is not for you.

I am relegating this eyeliner to reside in my pen/pencil cup holder and I will use it as magic marker for that is all it is good for because it SUCKS at it's intended task. Yet another product to add to my DO NOT RE-BUY LIST FOR LIFE.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Angelamakeup

This product doesn't go on very bold. You can barely see it on your skin. It also does have much staying power. As soon as you apply it you can easily wipe it off. I very much agree with the reviewer below in that it is much like a washable marker. Overall it does not serve its purpose as an eyeliner. I was thinking it could be a day eyeliner but you can barely even see it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Unless you're going for a streaky Amy Winehouse look, you might want to give this one a pass. The tip is seriously thick, and you don't get to see that until after you take the cap off (mine doesn't have a clear cap). The texture is like a wet washable marker. I don't know what they were thinking when they came up with this one!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by staceofbase85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

WORST EYELINER!! DO NOT BUY!! I have it in the black brown...it does not last all day and the application is terrible. Its the consistency of your kindergarten water color set and applies the same, watery and awful.