November 28, 2014 | 1352 users online

Shampoo - Burt's Bees - Very Volumizing Pomegranate & Soy Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Kat_rocks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I bought this on a whim because I have always really liked other BBs products. The smell is rather nice.... but a little to 'zingy' for my taste. It doesnt feel like its cleaning my hair when I apply it in the shower... it leaves my hair feeling like i washed it with soap when its wet. But it does leave my hair very, very soft. Thats about it tho. I use it at the gym after swimming, only because I cant find the recipet to return it and I dont want to waste my other shampoos.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by renyun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
I have oily hair and this shampoo really works to keep my hair clean and non-greasy looking while keeping it moisturized. The smell is also not bad. Considering that this shampoo is almost all natural with no sulfates, parabens, and fragrances which are all bad for your skin, this shampoo is really good choice for those who are conscious about what ingredients they use on their skin.
Cons:
The shampoo says that it is "very voluminzing" well, my hair is not more voluminized than it was before....which is little to none. Oh well, there are more pros than cons.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2009 11:27:00 AM More reviews by 08Emily89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i LOVE this shampoo.. I don't get all the bad reviews? It just goes to show products work differently for everybody. I have really fine mid-long hair and this works great for me! It gives it so much shine and movement that i've never experienced with other products. Although this doesn't make my hair huge theres is some slight volume added, shampoos never seem to make my hair more voluminous alone but i think volume needs to be created from styling products with good hold in them anyway. My hair is so soft i can't stop touching it! Give it a go but this might work amazingly for you or not at all...

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2009 9:29:00 AM More reviews by sparky_sarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was my first "natural" product and it about made me turn back on trying to go natural. My scalp was itchy and it didn't seem to get my scalp or hair clean. When I smelled the shampoo, it definitely smells like pomegranate, I thought it would be good. But after my hair was dry I kept thinking that my 7 month old needed a diaper change or my 3 year old was gassy only to discover I couldn't get away from that smell because it was my hair! LOL, funny I know. So, I couldn't get over the smell either.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 2:01:00 AM More reviews by isingonrooftops

Oh, my! Does this smell good! This lathers rather well and gets rid of any greasiness in my hair. As long as I use a comb, I can easily detangle my hair. Also, I did notice quite a bit of volumizing, although it's hard to tell, because my hair naturally has a bit of body. This is listed as a 4 on the EWG database, but that is mostly due to fragrance (which has a hazard rating of 8), and citric acid (which has a rating of 4). I don't mind these two ingredients, because neither of them are linked to cancer and developmental/reproductive toxicity. Anyways, I have found my HG shampoo.

Warning: This may dry out your hair if you don't use a conditioner, but since I use the volumizing conditioner, my hair stays soft and shiny and moisturized.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2009 1:49:00 AM More reviews by izzybella

Unlike other reviewers, I found the scent of this shampoo to be disgustingly overpowering. It was way too fruity and the scent lingered all day. I ended up giving it to my mom, who didn't mind the scent. However, this shampoo was pretty moisturizing and left my hair soft, but I did not notice it made my hair any more voluminous. But since the scent is a dealbreaker for me I wouldn't repurchase this.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by shalashaska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This may be the best-smelling shampoo I have ever used, but unfortunately, that is the only positive thing I can say about it. It was nearly impossible to work up a lather with this shampoo, and as a result, it was very difficult to work it through my hair. My hair felt extremely knotted after using it, and I was not very confident as to how well it was cleaning my hair because it was so difficult to use. It took nearly a hand-full to get the right amount of shampoo for washing, and at that rate, I went through the bottle very quickly. As far as how my hair looked -- I wouldn't say that it was especially good or bad. It certainly did not do anything to add volume. I generally like Burt's Bees products, so this was a disappointment.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2009 12:17:00 PM More reviews by sparkpoetry

I started using this about a year ago, and loved the results--my hair was shinier than ever before. I ran out, and decided to try Herbal Essence volumizing shampoo--it really stripped my hair, so I went back to to Burts. This time around, I think it's a little drying, and as a result my scalp creates more oil.

I agree with the poster who suggested using little product, limiting washing, and washing only on the scalp itself. Really soak the hair first then lather a small amount in your hands. Perhaps once a week use something with more moisture or use a conditioning treatment.

I don't expect high-volume without a styling product but I think this definitely thickens my hair a bit and when I actually take the time to blow dry--it works enough...my hair is really fine and will never be as "big" as I'd like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2009 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Autumn13

UPDATE: 10/6/09
If your hair is starting to thin on the top - ladies, the mature ones - you know what i mean, YOU must try Burt's Shampoos. When I started Burts Volumizing Shampoo/Conditioner, I can see my scalp thru my top of my head - harsh shampoos, coloring and blow drying. Well, it's three months later and I will put my hand on a stack of bibles and swear that it is no longer the case. Why the update because I know how I felt each time I looked in the mirror and I can see my hair thinning...it's heart wrenching. But, now I can't see my scalp!! Give a try and give it some time. It's no a miracle but good stuff that are good for your hair. I don't work for Burt's Bee. I work for a law firm in San Francisco. I just want to share my result and how this product has given me back my hair!

I love this product! After recent failures in trying to find shampoos that would not make my hair oh soooo oily by morning and oil slick by the end of the day, I turned to the Net and found MUA and what a great resource! I didn't know that a lot of shampoos out there had the same ingredients as my dish washing soap! I was floored. So, I searched MUA and found Burt's Bees shampoo. I'm getting old..well, I feel old. I wash my hair in the evening and I tell myself that it's natural some hair end up in the drain. Yeah, right. I can't tell you whether I read it here in MUA or other sites about a young woman who was taking some medicine and her hair started to fall out in large numbers. After she stoppped taking the pills, her hair was still falling out in large quatities until she found Burt's Bees. She said that within weeks, she was losing maybe 5-10 strands of hair, if that, each time she washed her hair with Burt's shampoo. Well, that sold me. I went to Walgreen's and bought this product. It lathers up really well...you just need to get your hair really, really wet and while you still have some water on your hair, work the shampoo in and I promise you will get lots and lots of lather. My hair was squeeky clean! I love it! I'm a clean freak so this was a match made in heaven. Then, I followed it up with it's counterpart- the conditioner- and let me tell you, my hair is sooooooooo soft, I can't stop touching it! The best part, i wash my hair in the evening and I just take a quick shower in morning to wake me up and I don't wash my hair. My hair is oil free and sooo soft until I have to wash it again that evening. After the 2nd day, my co-workers were wondering if I was blow drying my hair since it's looks soo bouncy and airy and looks really soft. I told them the secret and they are hooked and so am I. I love these duo that I've a good supply for a long while. :-)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2009 4:37:00 PM More reviews by laydyjane

This shampoo smelled fantastic, but did nothing for my thin hair. I was disappointed with how flat it was. I wouldn't buy it again.