August 27, 2014 | 1789 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by popcornlover722

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this powder it gives a great medium-full coverage and looks really natural. Feels light on the skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by DiamondsAndWhiskey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I liked this one a lot. Most foundations on me look either really cakey or just straight up nasty lol. But this one has a light coverage, not heavy at all, and makes my skin look awesome.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by FlawedAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am writing this review after using this product in NW10 for about 5 months. I bought it to keep in my purse as daytime touchup over my regular foundation. I love my regular a.m. foundation routine, but for the sake of convenience I cannot carry a jar of loose mmu or a bottle of liquid foundation around in my purse. So I have been on the hunt for a long time for a good powder compact for touch-ups during the day. My criteria is that it must be FF (there goes Lancôme's Dual Finish Powder compact, which was otherwise awesome), give good coverage, not look patchy over my regular foundation, and of course match my NW10 complexion, not the easiest skin tone to match! When I saw MAC was carrying this in NW10, I was really excited to try it as the reviews stated the powder version was much closer to real NW10 than the liquid version. For starters, I liked the coverage just fine, though the sponge included applied it waaay too heavily dry (never tried it wet). It also applies heavily and gives a cakey appearance with a little puff that I replaced the sponge with, but this is still better than the sponge. I ended up carrying a small Ecotools kabuki with me to brush it on and blend, which seems to be the best method, though not as convenient as I would like (to me the whole point of a compact is convenience), so one lipppie off. Btw, this does not contain mineral product, and is talc based. Some find talc to be very comedogenic, but it doesn't bother me. In fact, it works better over my regular foundation and also is more flattering in photos as it doesn't have the light reflecting properties of mmu. My big problem with this was the shade. I think this product in general would work for many, especially those with oily skin (it has quite a dry consistency IMO), but the NW10 shade was just not accurate. It is closer to an N10 or possibly NC10. While it doesn't look awful by any stretch, it has no pink in it, and actually looks to have slightly yellow undertones, which makes it better for people with pale skin, but warm undertones. NW is supposed to be for people with pink/blue undertones, which means cool toned. So that was another lippie off. Like all MAC packaging, this compact smudges easily, but that is to be expected. $27.00 is a very reasonable price, but I would not purchase again because the shade is not quite right for me. I am going to try MUFE Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder in 110 Pink Porcelain next.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by talaaasorenson

I tried this powder and I was not very pleased. I have pretty oily skin, and I have no time to touch up often. I also have a lot of acne and acne scarring. I wore this powder for about 4 hours with some concealer underneath it and when I looked at myself in the mirror I saw cakeyness everywhere! Even on my cheeks where I barely applied any powder! It gives great coverage and NW20 matches me pretty well but I felt like oil on my skin just went through the powder and made my skin look so gross. I tried it again on a zit I had and the powder completely dried up my skin and made me look like I had dry patches. It's not so good for oil control and the "natural" look

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 8:25:00 AM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my 3rd compact! Since I'm a veritable foundation junkie, to re-buy means sumthin. I like the whole liquid foundation/setting powder thing, but sometimes (usually through long phases of life for some reason) I just can't. This makes it Sooo easy. I use murad oil control mattifier and hourglass veil mineral primer, then this. On top of it I use MAC blot powder to set. (My skin's been oily lately in case that wasn't apparent). It's just so easy and lasts all day. I thought I was an NW20 forever (except the rare instances I'm tan - usually tail end of summer - I try not to)... But this time I got N4 and it is PERFECTTTT!!!! I use a brush to put on, any powder brush I grab really. I don't see how anyone could not like this easy to use foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by phuonganhpham

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great coverage and lasting power, even in such hot and humid Saigon. NC25 is also very suitable for my medium Asian skin tone. My HG powder for acnes scarring as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by RandiEmmans

I just bought this powder. The MAC Consultant did a color match. Brought it home- tried it. Hated it. Too dark. Went back to the store- got another consultant to do a color match. Brought it home- tried it. Hated it. Too dark AGAIN. But not only is it too dark, its so CAKEY. I have medium skin- normal skin. And don't need much coverage. This looks like I put a bottle of foundation on and a ton of powder. Realistically, I had on a CC Cream and a little powder. Will never buy again. and going to return it today!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by valerieetc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I believe I got this product at least three years ago. Back then I was no huge fan of makeup and often used nothing but mascara. I also disliked (and still do sometimes) the sticky, wet feeling of foundation on my skin (is "dewy" a euphemism for that, I wonder), but I needed to cover my skin with some kind of product when I did put on some eyeshadow and lipstick, so I set out on a quest for the perfect powder foundation.
MAC Studio Fix is as close to perfect as it can get. The coverage is more than enough (I don't have many blemishes on my skin), I practically don't feel it on me except for the wintery dried-out-skin days, and it stays on till the evening. To compare, a new (?) HD powder foundation by Make Up For Ever felt almost itchy on my skin, as if I had covered myself with highly absorbant chalk. The shade (I was matched as NW20 three years ago) is quite close, but I'll go for NW15 now, because I've become much paler, especially over winter. I'll probably end up getting both - just in case, if I manage to get a tan during summer. Oh, and the application is much easier than that of liquid foundation - it takes practically no blending or building up.
As I've said, I wasn't keen on makeup until recently, so I'm running out of my first pan only now :)) I've just purchased a new one in NW15 off eBay - and here is the only sad part of this review: I live in Latvia where we still don't have a MAC store (very inconsiderate of you, MAC people), so I have to get MAC products either from eBay or while going on trips around Western Europe. Still, no biggie, as I manage to stock up just in time :)

P.S.: One lippie off the packaging - it fell once, not really hard, but the lock on the sponge compartment got broken, so it is not very durable :(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by ellyforever

I have a dilemma with this one. I love MAC products but I have very sensitive skin. And it's very combinations. I'm also very pale to add on to it lol. I wear all MAC products in the shade NC15, including this one and the color arches up great, when paired with a nice primer the coverage and everything looks great as well. BUT. This will clog your pores like it's nobodies business. And due to that you will break out. This is if you aren't using extra help to clean your face like a clarisonic mia. And even then I still can't wear this every day. All in all it's a great full coverage foundation. But that's what it is. Full coverage.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Montanalpope

Let me start off by saying that I don't have terrible skin, but I love a full coverage face but not to where it looks like I have tons of makeup on. I have been using this product for almost 3 years and it is absolutely my favorite powder!!! It is full coverage but it doesn't look cakey and I feel like throughout the day it really evens out your skin and ties it all together and makes it looks flawless, but yet still looking like it's your skin!! This is one of my must have products and will be for a while!!