MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 2/11/2015 2:09:00 PM

I have notoriously sensitive skin, and the weird part is, Mac foundations do not break me out or cause an allergic reaction at all. It's weird because Mac is infamous for causing problems for those with acne-prone, sensitive skin. As with every product you try for the first time, just apply this product in an inconspicuous area of the face or neck for about a week to see if you get an allergic reaction.

As for the product itself, the finish is medium to full. As others have said, this can cling to dry spots, but I have noticed after about an hour, this powder mixing with the natural oils on my skin make them disappear. After a full day's wear (about 8-10 hours), I find that I do not look extremely oily, just dewy. So, I do not think this powder will cause excessive oiliness but of course, everyone's skin is different so bear that in mind! The application is easy and offers a very flawless finish. This will always be my favorite powder!!

Replacing liquid foundation with this was the best decision I ever made for the way I look. I would strongly recommend this powder to anyone with unproblematic skin. If there's not a hell of a lot to cover, why would you slap a whole bunch of oily, transferring, pore clogging crap onto your skin that could potentially cause things that need covering?

The product looks so seamless on, and when there are problem areas or pimples I use the powder with a concealer brush to cover them which works just fine. I have extremely dry skin and sometimes when there are prominent dry patches on my face the foundation tends to exacerbate them, however after just 15 minutes of letting the product sit and my face sweat they become invisible. I leave it on for hours upon hours, sometimes up to 10, and just look dewey rather than oily at the end of the day. People always compliment the way I look without makeup on when I'm wearing this, and I laugh evilly in my head and thank them graciously.

This powder is the bomb, I seriously implore any lucky person who has recently had their skin clear up be it from the pill or dietary changes or exiting adolescence to ditch their liquid foundation and give this a shot to work it's magic on it's own. I absolutely love this foundation and will continue to purchase it until it is discontinued, I die, or I find a foundation that is exactly the same only makes the wearer a genius upon application.

on 2/5/2015 3:36:00 PM

I LOVE this! After using foundations, bb and cc creams that I never felt comfortable with, I decided to try a powder foundation. I don't like too much coverage so one application of this is enough to mattify and even out my complexion. Nonetheless, you can also build it up for fuller coverage. I wear it in NW20 which is flattering to my skin tone. I can say with confidence I will repurchase again.

on 2/3/2015 9:27:00 AM

I have had such a difficult time finding the right foundation for me -- this one was the perfect fit! The MAC associate did my colour matching (NW20), and I haven't looked back since I started using this last summer!

Settles nicely for flawless coverage. Can exacerbate dry patches, but otherwise perfect for combination skin. Can be used for spot touch-ups, concealer-setting or full coverage.

Haven't broken out once using this powder, and I historically have sensitive skin.

I brought this powder on a whim after reading some reviews and trying it on in store!

Initially when the SA applied it I really liked the feel of it on my skin and I loved the finished look it gave me, so I went ahead and purchased!

I am 50/50 with my feelings on this powder. I adore it for setting my under eye concealer and I do this using the sponge included with the powder, infact I like it to set any concealer, whether that be blemishes or under eye. It gives me that extra layer of coverage over my dark eye circles and blemishes and leaves it creaseless for hours!

However I have used this for setting my whole face make up and I don't like it at all. This makes me shiny like no other, my nose becomes so disgustingly oily after wearing this for a few hours and I don't even have oily skin! This also starts to look cakey on me if I apply it to my whole face as I have to reapply so many times, suggesting it's not very buildable!

Packaging is really good I think, it can hold the sponge underneath but the product isn't at all bulky or heavy and I love the mirror included!

All in all I wouldn't buy this again, although I love it for setting my concealer, I don't feel that £20 can be justified when I only use a dab over my concealer and I definitely would not recommend to anyone with oily skin!

on 1/30/2015 1:24:00 AM

Great powder foundation, it's a little pricey but it lasts a very long time. I get great coverage from this product and a little bit definitely goes a long way. I can wear this alone or if I'm breaking out I can use it in conjunction with my foundation. Either way it makes my skin look flawless but not too overdone.

on 1/27/2015 4:39:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have purchased this in NC20, it stays true to colour and does not oxidize on me. The finish is matte, although I notice it gets "dewier" on my oily zone after a while.The coverage is medium but can be built to full. It looks powdery when applied but sinks into the skin after short time.

Lasts all day with minimal touch-ups on my oily zone. If you have normal or combination skin it will work for you, not sure for dry because it can emphasize dry patches.
I have been using this every day since I bought it and I really like it. It's fast to apply and looks really good. It would be perfect if not so pricey.

Did not break out from it.

on 1/27/2015 6:54:00 AM

I've been using this foundation faithfully since March of 1997. I am a C3. I think that says it all.

on 1/27/2015 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am sooo disappointed! I had high hopes for this foundation since it's one of the few makeup lines with true yellow-based foundations (C2 was a perfect match) and it was my last resort since Bobbi Brown made me breakout. I made sure I moisturized really well before applying, but I still ended up with chalky, dry patches as well. I may try the liquid versions and see if they work better for my skintype. Beware all of you combo/sensitive girls, this may not be the one for you.

on 1/26/2015 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used this product for years. I would try another powder foundation here and there, but always went back to this one. It does oxodize throughout the day and I usually needed a touchup towards the end of the day. The package is great with the mirror and sturdy case. I used this for years UNTIL I found sephora microsmooth powder foundation. The microsmooth foundation is a much better product. It provides medium coverage and stays on much longer than studiofix AND it doesn't oxodize. I highly recommend trying the sephora microsmooth to anyone looking for a good powder foundation!

Video Reviews & Tutorials