July 28, 2014 | 2063 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by RandiEmmans

I just bought this powder. The MAC Consultant did a color match. Brought it home- tried it. Hated it. Too dark. Went back to the store- got another consultant to do a color match. Brought it home- tried it. Hated it. Too dark AGAIN. But not only is it too dark, its so CAKEY. I have medium skin- normal skin. And don't need much coverage. This looks like I put a bottle of foundation on and a ton of powder. Realistically, I had on a CC Cream and a little powder. Will never buy again. and going to return it today!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by valerieetc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I believe I got this product at least three years ago. Back then I was no huge fan of makeup and often used nothing but mascara. I also disliked (and still do sometimes) the sticky, wet feeling of foundation on my skin (is "dewy" a euphemism for that, I wonder), but I needed to cover my skin with some kind of product when I did put on some eyeshadow and lipstick, so I set out on a quest for the perfect powder foundation.
MAC Studio Fix is as close to perfect as it can get. The coverage is more than enough (I don't have many blemishes on my skin), I practically don't feel it on me except for the wintery dried-out-skin days, and it stays on till the evening. To compare, a new (?) HD powder foundation by Make Up For Ever felt almost itchy on my skin, as if I had covered myself with highly absorbant chalk. The shade (I was matched as NW20 three years ago) is quite close, but I'll go for NW15 now, because I've become much paler, especially over winter. I'll probably end up getting both - just in case, if I manage to get a tan during summer. Oh, and the application is much easier than that of liquid foundation - it takes practically no blending or building up.
As I've said, I wasn't keen on makeup until recently, so I'm running out of my first pan only now :)) I've just purchased a new one in NW15 off eBay - and here is the only sad part of this review: I live in Latvia where we still don't have a MAC store (very inconsiderate of you, MAC people), so I have to get MAC products either from eBay or while going on trips around Western Europe. Still, no biggie, as I manage to stock up just in time :)

P.S.: One lippie off the packaging - it fell once, not really hard, but the lock on the sponge compartment got broken, so it is not very durable :(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by ellyforever

I have a dilemma with this one. I love MAC products but I have very sensitive skin. And it's very combinations. I'm also very pale to add on to it lol. I wear all MAC products in the shade NC15, including this one and the color arches up great, when paired with a nice primer the coverage and everything looks great as well. BUT. This will clog your pores like it's nobodies business. And due to that you will break out. This is if you aren't using extra help to clean your face like a clarisonic mia. And even then I still can't wear this every day. All in all it's a great full coverage foundation. But that's what it is. Full coverage.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Montanalpope

Let me start off by saying that I don't have terrible skin, but I love a full coverage face but not to where it looks like I have tons of makeup on. I have been using this product for almost 3 years and it is absolutely my favorite powder!!! It is full coverage but it doesn't look cakey and I feel like throughout the day it really evens out your skin and ties it all together and makes it looks flawless, but yet still looking like it's your skin!! This is one of my must have products and will be for a while!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by chimera59

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've never liked powder foundations. I briefly tried Lancome Dual Finish years ago, and just had always assumed that powder foundations were heavy and drying and never tried one again. I bought this last week on the MAC website on a whim. I then watched a few YouTube tutorials to figure out how to properly apply it, because normally I'd just use the sponge that comes with it over foundation. I have good skin, but typically I like a full-coverage foundation. I applied this yesterday with a flat-topped Lancome powder blush, and no foundation. I used a serum, moisturizer and Sephora primer. I buffed this in all over. This gave me the best coverage I have ever found in a foundation. I also set this with Fix + after applying bronzer and blush. This lasted all day, and I am now a powder foundation convert. It wore evenly and still looked fresh at the end of the day. I was amazed at how natural and "unpowdery" this looked. I'm so glad I purchased this and will be giving liquid foundations a rest for awhile. I'm quite pale with warm undertones and the NC 15 was perfect for me. This comes in a compact with three compartments-mirror, foundation chamber, and a compartment for the sponge. I would repurchase when I finish this and would highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Shanifanimua

Positives: I love this powder. It works excellent with my skin as it doesn't fade in the day, it doesn't go patchy and it hides your pores incredibly well. I can go from 9-5 and this beautiful product will keep my makeup on all day! The colour matches my skin perfectly. The packaging is very cute and compact, not to mention very iconic in the respect that if you were to think of a mac product, this cute compact will appear in your mind. Complete with a mirror and a very good quality sponge. You are set to go.

Negatives: it's a little expensive especially for the younger makeup fanatics. (However it's a very good investment), and I wish there was more of the product. (However, it depends on how much you use)

Works best with: the elf powder brush, or a real techniques buffing brush.

Dupes: even though I think there is not much that comes close, a distant dupe would be the rimmel stay matte powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 6:29:00 AM More reviews by aijaraza

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have combination dry/normal skin and use powder foundations as I find liquid foundations too heavy to use in a tropical climate. Was using Revlon Photoready Powder foundation but wasn't too happy with its sheer coverage. When my daughter got married, the makeup artist used Mac Studio Fix on me and I was surprised with its good coverage, masking flaws and dark spots. I bought one in NC30 and am very happy with it. When I want a lighter coverage, I apply it using a kabuki brush and only use the sponge that comes with it when I want a fuller coverage. The MAC SA says that you can even wet the sponge for a heavier application, but I haven't tried this yet. Yes, this is definitely a keeper. Stays on all day and gives perfect coverage. The secret I guess is to build up and not apply a lot all at once to prevent caking and flakiness. Would be advisable to also use a moisturizer under it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 3:38:00 AM More reviews by angelaslh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A lot of people say this causes them to break out? I have had quite bad skin for a couple years now since i started to get my period and this doesn't effect my skin badly in any way. So i guess it just depends on your skin. It it honestly the nicest powder i've ever used. A while ago when i saw all the reviews about how it makes your skin break out i started to test other products and nothing else even came close to how good this powder is. It is worth every cent. When i first put it on it doesn't seem to do much except for set my foundation but a couple minutes later when i look at it again its almost like it has melted into my skin (in a good way). IT IS THE BEST POWDER and i will stand by this no matter what anyone says. It doesn't make me look cakey at all and it lasts all day through any sort of weather. When i went swimming a while ago i was pushed into the pool and i was so annoyed about the fact that my makeup had been destroyed but i was amazed to find out that when i looked in the mirror it had barely come off. It is my holy grail product.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Fuerza89

I have normal skin. This makeup makes my pores look bigger as it sets on them. It emphasizes dry patches and does not blend into my skin so it looks over done. Will try it again in the summer as I tend to have a slightly more oily skin and see if it blends better.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Arhtexas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have combo, acne prone skin and this has never caused me to break out! I have used it for 2 years and one compact lasts about a year. It comes off easily with my homemade face wash and lasts most of the day. I use a brush to sweep some over my juice beauty oil free spf 30 lotion in the morning because if you use the sponge it comes with, the coverage is very heavy and feels dense and hot on my skin. With the brush, I get softer coverage which is preferred by me as I live in texas and thick make up gets hot really quickly!