Graftobian HD CREME FOUNDATIONS, 64 SHADES

4.1

Caprylic/Capric/Triglyceride, Octyl Palmitate, Carnauba Wax, Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Bees Wax, Ozokerite Wax, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, PTFE, BHA, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, N-Butylparaben. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Talc, Ultramarines.

on 8/24/2012 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I found out about this product while lurking on the Mehron foundation review page. I initially bought Mehron, but UPS lost my package and it was taking FOREVER for me to get both a refund or a replacement. So, I called my bank and made a claim against Mehron and bought Graftobian instead.

Ok, about Graftobian, I wasn't sure which color I should buy and I really didn't want to buy a sample or their palettes with a handful of foundations, so I winged it. I'm close to Revlon Colorstay's Toast so I bought Winter Wheat (they have a chart to compare similar shades from different brands). The result? Winter Wheat matched me to a T. Now, I wear MAC NC44, but I feel like it's too dark for my skin and it looks way too orange (maybe I'm an NC43 instead?).

When I apply Winter Wheat, I cannot even see the foundation on my skin. My only complaint is that it seems to rub off easily, so I set it with Ben Nye's Topaz face powder and setting spray.

on 7/12/2012 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have used many foundations and by far this is all thumbs up for me. I have 2 Graftobian Palletts, warm and cool and combined I make neutral. I am usually Buttermilk but I will mix depending on how my skin is looking.
This foundation requires very little and the coverage is flawless. I find using a nice stippling brush or a kabuki brush really makes it nice.
Once set it stays, the finish is more satin/a little matte I find. It is not dewy or shiny.
There is no high fragrance
Color does not really change with Oxidation
Theres no cakey effect or accumliation in wrinkles and pores

The only downfall to me is availability. I have to order it online

Still its amazing and I really recomment it

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

As a Makeup artist I use this foundation in my kit and for my personal use. I love the pallets because I can mix to match my skin color as it changes during the seasons. I always apply with a wet beauty blender dupe sponge from Ulta and I get a flawless look everytime. This has never caused me to break out nor has it ever felt oily. A little goes a long way and I highly recommend this to any MUA building their kits as well as to your everyday consumer.

on 5/27/2012 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I got the HD foundation palate and I am OBSESSED. Makes my skin look flawless, no need for concealer, and it doesn't feel too heavy on my skin. And it was pretty cheap!! Will definitely continue to purchase it :)

on 5/15/2012 5:56:00 PM

This foundation leaves my skin looking airbrushed and flawless!! Granted I use the beauty blender with this cream foundation (I don't know if that changes the effect of the product itself) but overall I love this product! Definitely a must have for any MUA or anybody for that matter. It's very affordable and lasts on my skin all day, even with my oily T*Zone. I set it with MUFE mattifying powder and after 8 hours of running around at work it is still set nicely in place. a little goes a long way with this as it blends really nicely so you can adjust your coverage. I love this product and would recommend to anyone! Even those with tight wallets can afford this!

on 4/27/2012 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I've been on a professional foundation craze since IMATS 2011, I am also reviewing RCMA, Kett, Mehron. ( haven't tried Cinema Secrets or MUD yet but intend to).
Therefore if you're interested, you can read my reviews on them.
I do believe that professional foundation brands are superior to commercial brands. With that said:

Graftobian is an amazing foundation. Full coverage, very HD friendly, undetectable to the camera. Looks like skin, not too matte, not too dewey, just very skin-like. Covers everything, makes freckles invisible.

Application: It blends like a dream, very emollient. I can use my beauty blender, any synthetic foundation brush (Sigma HD brushes are my fav in that department), or my fingers and it will look great regardless. Has a butter-like texture which makes it super easy to apply and blend in literally seconds.

To compare:  Graftobian is my *almost* first favorite foundation. I say almost because it's not quite second, as it's tiniest decimal points away from being my first ( which is Kett cream foundation). However, I tend to  reach for Graftobian more frequently than for Kett. My reasons:  It's easier and faster to apply than Kett. With Graftobian I can literally smear, blend and go, while Kett does require slightly more skill and effort to apply and blend, as it has a stiffer consistency ( I posted a review for Kett as well). It's easier and work into the skin which makes it very morning rush friendly.
I feel that Kett  surpasses Graftobian in the teensiest, slightest bit in longevity and because it is a little bit more forgiving to dry skin and flakes.

Longevity:  It's long lasting. I apply and set it with translucent powder (  Kett Sett powder or Graftobian loose translucent, both amazing products). I would say it lasts about 10 to 12 hours on me if powdered. My skin is combination, Oily t zone and normal cheeks and it withstands oil, humidity, rain or other NYC forecast.

Shades: My perfect shade is Vixen and in Mac terms I am about NW25 to 30. Their shade selection is enormous. I've seen the widest variety of shades from the palest, whitest to pitch, jet black, any undertone possible.
Highly recommend!

on 4/20/2012 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really love the finish look of this foundation and the way it is on the camera. But for my oily skin in very hot country, it cannot stay put all day. In summer time, it will last on my skin only few hours. However, it is the foundation I always use for evening events and indoors place.

on 4/18/2012 11:40:00 PM

I just wanted to share some information. After a lot of trial and error, I found the equivalents to Max Factor Panstick in the color Nude Ivory
-Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin enhancer in SX03 (pricey, but full coverage and a dreamy finish)

-Revlon Colorstay in Buff (not as full coverage as above, but stays on as promised)

-Graftobian HD Cream Foundadion in Ingenue (for me, better than Kevyn Aucoin)

All of the above foundations are full coverage.

I went through so much trying to find the right shades, I just had to share.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is my go to for special events. It's a medium coverage cream that can be sheered out or built to full coverage. It is comfortable on, but doesn't feel like you're wearing nothing. Hasn't cause any breakouts or eczema flares. I like that there are so many shades, and the price isn't exorbitant that it isn't a problem to find your shade - especially if you buy the palettes. All in all, it's a keeper and one of my favorite foundations.
Shades: Deep Xanthe & Midnight Marigold

on 3/21/2012 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hands down the best foundationt that I've used. It feels light yet provides full coverage. I wish i had discovered this foundation before my wedding...oh well. I wore this to my sister's wedding a few months ago, and was astonished at how flawless my skin came out in the pix (the photoghaphers for mine & her wedding are the same so it's got to be the foundation). This is not something that I'd wear everyday, only for special occasion/going out, as i am afraid of my pores getting clogged up. I got the Warm#2 palette which provided me with enough shades to get me through all the changes in my facial color, thoughout the year + highligher/contour shades & more. For $20 (from makeupmania.com) i think this is a steal

Popular Crème Foundations