E.L.F. Essential Eye Shadow Brush

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i use this brush daily. i cant live without it

on 8/4/2013 9:45:00 PM

Here's a brush all first time makeup enthusiasts should get. The bristles are tight and dense, which is perfect for packing on eye shadow. It gives you percision on creating corner v and darker lines. I haven't seen my brush shed, but even if it does, I can just buy another one at Target. Get buy.

on 7/27/2013 12:06:00 AM

Great brush! Affordable and a great brush to apply your eyeshadow with. I don't really have much to say negative on it. But I would definitely repurchase and I give it a 5/5!

on 7/14/2013 3:39:00 PM

I have a few of these brushes - they're perfect! Can't beat the price either. They do need to be washed before the first use, like any makeup brush, and there is a little shedding. I use primarily loose, finely milled shadows and ELF brushes work great with those.

on 6/14/2013 12:55:00 PM

The handle fell off the first week I had it. It also sheds and is scratchy. The elf studio is much better than their regular line. At least I only spent a buck on this.

on 6/2/2013 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bottom line... You always get what u pay for!! I would never spend $30 for one stupid brush so when ELF was on many stores shelves i def stocked up on their brushes and little things to aid me with my makeup!

on 6/2/2013 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I picked this up for a dollar at HEB and love it. This brush has a while wooden handle and natural fibers. It is wide so it is meant for all over application. It is soft so it is a bit flexible but but has a lot of body and it picks up shadow well. It applies shadow right where you want it. I have other brushes but prefer this one over them. This works so well for me. E.L.F. has more than one line of brushes out though. I picked up a set of black ones with plastic handles that were sold in a kit. I also picked up the white ones with the wooden handles that are sold separately. I prefer the white tools that were sold individually. They just seem to be better quality, although both sets work. It seems like the white ones have more bristles/fibers and seem fluffier. I can't say how this compares to an expensive brush but it works great for me and applies makeup well and I look good so I don't see a reason to even look at a higher priced tool.

on 5/11/2013 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Didn't like this brush. I have the Studio line one and it while it picks up my shadow it doesn't deposit shadow. I was using it with UD shadows among others and it just didn't work. I actually have a few ELF Studio brushes that I really like and use daily. I've had. No shedding issues and only one came apart which I quickly fixed with crazy glue.

on 5/10/2013 8:17:00 PM

It does its job, it picks up eyeshadow just fine and it's soft too

on 4/28/2013 11:02:00 PM

This is an insanely cheap brush. I had one years ago that came in a set that I loved! But I dont know what happened to it so I figured I'd buy another one since Im currently playing around with drugstore brushes. This one smelled bad even before it came out of the package and was like exfoliatingly scratchy. But I figured a good cleaning would help deodorize and condtion, nope not really. While it still smells STRONGLY of plastic its not as bad after a couple washes and is somewhat but not much softer than when I first got it. I dont remember my first E.L.F brush being like this. The few times I have managed to play around with it, its really good for applying color but when its not scratching the life out of my shadows and lids with is broom bristles, it smells funky. Hopefully it is just this particular brush I will try another eyeshadow brush out but all in all Im not having any luck with any E.L.F product this year

Popular Makeup Brushes