April 21, 2014 | 1504 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by jemoSupremo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation. Everything about the product makes me happy. I have pretty good skin, and this is perfect for evening out my skin tone. The coverage is sheer, but extremely buildable. I used this on my sister who has a lot of blemishes and this covered everything after building up a couple of layers.
Even when you build this up to full coverage, it doesn't look like you have foundation on, so the end result just looks like beautiful glowy skin. It is the only foundation that stays on my skin, and still look exactly the same hours later.

The texture is kind of a liquid gel jelly. You have to shake up the product before you use it. And that is where the 1 dislike about this that comes in. I've purchased this in the screw-cap, and I've spilled out too much foundation countless times. Then they changed it to the pump top, which I thought was brilliant. But because you have to shake up the product, what's left in the tube from your last use doesn't get shaken up so you end up pumping out a weird gummy piece that you can't use before you get to your foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by poncholefty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't wear foundation a lot, but when I do, I wear MUFE. :) This was another "wedding look" purchase. I'm blessed with pretty good skin, but I wanted a little something to even things out for the pictures.This is very sheer and super light. It's got kind of a weird texture - like jelly almost - but it goes on really nicely. If you're looking for full coverage, this won't work for you. I'm not sure if it can be layered, but I imagine it's light enough for multiple applications.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by 88angels

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of my first faves in foundations. If you've read any of my reviews, i am always on the hunt for the best foundation and continue my quest. However, this base stays in my kit because it is moisturizing, sheer but buildable and has a beautiful dewy finish. Good for dry skin but beware if you are oily, you'll be chasing the shine all the day long.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by damuko

This looks absolutely beautiful on the skin. Of course, it's more suited to certain skintypes (personally, I think it'd work the best on generally smooth skin that gets red easily) than others, but I have yet to find another foundation that looks as natural and feels as weightless. It's not my HG, but it's pretty close.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Jab89

I Love love LOVE this product. So much so that this is the first review I have ever written. I have been looking for a foundation that doesn't make it look like I am wearing a mask. As I am an Indian woman, it is really difficult to find the right colour match that doesn't make me too orange, red, or yellow looking (I went for number 18 which works miracles for me). This foundation is for people who already have quite nice skin and are looking to reduce redness and even skin tone. It gives the PERFECT balance of coverage, mattness, and dewiness. The foundation is extremely blendable and comes in a decent number of colours to select from ranging from quite light to very dark. I honestly can't imagine a world without this foundation, especially for us ladies who like to keep things looking on the natural side of the spectrum. I did a lot of research before picking a foundation and from the research I have done, it is not the best suited for oily skin. I have combination skin and it is awesome. This one is around $44 Canadian but comes in a pretty good sized bottle (I believe bigger than average) and with a pump so I feel it is definitely worth it. Give it a good shake before you use it. The consistency is relatively runny so be prepared for that.

This stuff is magic, and doesn't even need setting powder. What's more wonderous is that I am a dancer, and even after a sweaty SWEATY class, this stuff stays right where it should! That's right, it is sweat and water resistant ladies!

This foundation receives 2 massive thumbs up from me and I recommend it to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by sj3663

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite foundation! Light coverage but buildable, neutralizes my redness. Wears well all day and even through tough sessions at the gym (I don't bother to remove my m/u first!). I use 38 and in years past when I guess I spent more time outdoors, I would mix it with 20 (I think) in the summers when my color was a bit darker. Love that it's in a pump bottle now! Lasts a long time...good value.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by tongtongg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a MUST try for anyone that hates the ordinary "foundation" feel on their face. It is super lightweight and liquidy, which makes it very easy to apply. I normally just use my fingertips to spread it on my face. It dries and sets into a powder like finish rather quickly and I found I can work fast with my fingers. I would not recommend using Beauty Blender or any type of sponge with this foundation. The high water content of this foundation will get absorbed into the sponge and affect the final finish.
The foundation offers light to medium coverage, it's perfect for anyone just looking for something that evens out their skin tone. It offers a very natural "no makeup, just good skin" look.
I am Asian with light complexion, and I have been using Ivory 20. The color is just right for me if I wanted to have the "no makeup" look, it matches my color almost perfectly. I normally use shade that is slighter lighter than my natural color. So if MUFE offers another lighter shade with yellow/beige undertone, it would be even better!
I have been using this foundation for months and never had any issue with breakouts. But then again, everyone is different and I normally don't breakout anyways.
Overall, if you want something natural looking and lightweight. This is a MUST try. I think you would love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Yvettethecritic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation so much. I'm a yellow-undertoned asian, I have MUFE F&B in #32 (slightly orange, warm tone) and #20 (neutral beige for light-skin). #32 is good for the summer when I have a light tan, on other times of the year I find that it's a little too orange for me, so I mix half and half with #20 which is almost perfect. I would give this a 5 if they had something more yellow.

The coverage is simply awesome for everyday wear, it looks like skin but much better. I have fairly good skin with some minor discolorations and a few small bumps here and there. F&B covers these perfectly without making my face look fake and flat. The weird gel consistency can go on light but is buildable and all my friends compliment me about how fresh I look every time I wear this.

This is perfect on its own for dry-normal skinned gals, for those who are oily like me, better use a setting powder. Would definitely buy again. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 2:06:00 AM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is definitely my favorite liquid foundation I've ever tried as well as owned. I get addicted to researching stuff on the internet and this is absolutely true for my makeup before I go out and invest. I tried F&B because of all the good reviews and it definitely lives up to the hype. I have pretty healthy skin and my only concern is my unven pigmentation around my cheeks so when looking for foundation wether it be powder or liquid I just need something light and non-cakey to hide my subtle rosacea. This applies and blends into my face so smoothly with my Mac 187 brush and it feels and smells refreshing when applied. When it dries it looks like my natural skin and gives off a dewy look, which I merely offset with sephoras matte face powder(in d33) if I want to have more of a matte look. I wear this in 34 and have been matched to an nc35/nc40 in Mac. I can't wear this alone because my skin seems to have no depth unless I use blush and some bronzer or powder to contour. I do apply moisturizer before hand and only use this when I need more coverage or need something waterproof since it makes me get little bumps around my cheeks if I use this everyday. I LOVE to wear this when I'm snowboarding since it lasts on the mountain :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by vwbenzo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If you are considering getting this foundation but balking at the $40 price, keep in mind that the product is fabulous and worth every dime!! If you are looking for a great foundation to use for flash photography, this is the one! I bought this to use for my Boudoir photo shoot and it is my ticket to perfect skin. Yes, as some girls have mentioned, a single layer of coverage is quite sheer. But that is exactly the beauty of this product. It dries into this matte perfection that can truly layered without moving or getting uneven. It is NEVER cakey! There are some parts of your face that shouldn't be caked up with too much makeup, while other spots like blemishes and dark circles can use a little more coverage. ALL men I've talked to think the caked, too-much-makeup look is unattractive. This foundation allows you the perfect control and coverage to get a smooth, velvety finish that just dries into what looks like great skin. Not great skin covered in loads of foundation. I am NC30 in MAC, used Shiseido Dual Balancing Liquid Foundation in O60 and NARS Sheer Glow in Santa Fe, and my MUFE F&B shade is 32. Matches me perfectly. But let me tell you I never want to use those other foundations again! Both the NARS and the Shi gave me a really unnatural look around the jaw line and corners of my mouth, they would crack when I smiled and make me look older, with wrinkles I don't even have! MUFE F&B does NOT do that and just wears beautifully all day! Now I will just be finishing up my other foundations because they were costly and I need to clear out the space.

I suggest using this foundation over a primer, and underneath some setting powder. Instead of the loose & messy MUFE HD powder, I have had the best luck with NARS Pressed Powder (in Mountain). It has a slight tint to give you just a bit more coverage, it is a pressed powder so you avoid the messiness of loose powders, and it is just so finely milled. If I had to only use one foundation the rest of my life, this one would be it!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No