Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Foundation

3.4

on 4/14/2010 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this product, it makes my skin look so smooth & "porcelain" looking . I usually apply it right after I sprayed Evian Facial Mist to my face (let it dry 1st) The result is beautiful<3

on 4/12/2010 1:21:00 AM

This product is definitely for those who already have perfect skin looking for a glow. For anyone who has minor pores, blackheads or fine lines developing, this is NOT the way to go, the product actually enhances all my flaws. In dim lighting (like in their store) or quiet restaurants, my skin did look great, but try stepping out into the sun or going into the office with regular lights and BAM, all your flaws are magnified. Taking the powder off at night was digusting, it's like the stuff is glued to your face. I'm sticking to Lancome's liquid foundation.

on 4/10/2010 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using bare essentials for 7 years now & would never be able to switch to anything else.

I use makeup pads instead of brushes though, it covers blemishes perfectly. When I used a brush I didn't like the makeup but with a pad it's amazing. A lifesaver I would say. When I put it on it's like taking an eraser over your face getting rid of flaws making everything even & smooth. I love it & plan to stay faithful to it for as long as I wear makeup!

on 3/13/2010 8:59:00 PM

The foundation was a bit of a disappointment. too matte and the powder does go every where so you have to apply before getting dressed and then you have to be careful about not touching your face. It did last all day for me. applied over the moisturizer and primetime. like i said it lasted all day for me but it's not a quick application and if i'm getting ready at 5 am I don't want to spend that much time in front of the mirror for makeup.

on 3/5/2010 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted this to be my miracle product. As a former cheerleader in highschool, I was used to always being in the limelight and judged. I had less than perfect skin, having suffered from acne and been thru a cycle of harsh accutane. I needed something that could not only keep my skin clear, but cover the scars it left behind. Bare Minerals highlighted my acne scars and sunk into my imperfections. It had a bad glow to it that made my skin look oily/wet. My skin is mostly dry so this surprised me. Bare Minerals is more for people with PERFECT skin who want a glowy sheen, not for people who are trying to cover flaws.

on 2/19/2010 10:30:00 AM

I just do not understand all the hype about Bare Escentuals. I know I am the last person on the planet to try it, but I wish I had waited longer. Never have I had such lumps appear under the skin from any product as I did with this. There is something highly allergenic in this ( I think it is bismuth) that makes me look like the Incredible Hulk after using this. And with all that, it does NOT cover well and makes me look powderey. Stick to good old liquid foundation and be done. This is over-priced crap that just making Leslie Blodgett a billionaire. Keep it Leslie!

on 2/17/2010 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Its supposed to give a nice finish for a flawless face but I don't really see what difference it makes to my skin. It does help to give a matte look for a little while when you first put it on but that's about it.

I stopped using it as the last step of the bare minerals foundation starter set because I hate the packaging and how the powder just gets everywhere. Too lazy to make a mess for minimal results.

on 2/7/2010 5:21:00 PM

I got really excited about this product as I have never liked wearing heavy foundations. I don't have a problem with appliance and packaging, and i am happy with light and natural coverage that it gives BUT it has set off my acne on my cheeks that i managed to get rid of 2 years ago, also have got cystic acne again or those annoying 3 in 1 spots.

All in all i am very disappointed, i hate these products that mislead you. It contains mica which is a pore blocker, wish i didn't turn a blind eye to that now!

Im so annoyed cos i liked this product, but as other ppl point out it causes acne. :(

on 1/27/2010 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm embarrased to say that I fell for the hype and bought this foundation thinking that it would help me cover my acne, while helping me clear up at the same time.

First of all, when applied, the foundation looks anything but natural and discrete. You do get a nice sheen, but the powder sets in any wrinkles and if you have dry and flaky skin this enhances the problem. After I have applied the powder I look at least 10 years older.

The application is fairly simple and very quick. I don't have a problem with the swirl and tap, but the powder lands pretty much everywhere so if you have a nice sweater on- take it off before applying.

The thing that put me off using Bare Escentuals was the thing I mentioned in the beginning, acne. I have constant, moderate acne, and sensitive, dry in parts- oily in others, red skin. I have never had acne in my cheekbone area, only on my forehead, apple of cheeks and chin area. BUT, when using Bare Escentuals for two weeks I developed acne under my cheekbones (where I used B.E. powder as blush). Tiny tiny pimples that almost looked like milia appeared and took several months to go away. Great...

I also got a few huge cysts on my cheeks and on my forehead, which I normally never have. I first blamed this on hormones, but since then I have experimented with Bare Escentuals and every time, I get the same thing. Tiny tiny milia/pimples and a few cysts wherever I apply the powder.

So, girls, give it a try if you feel like it, but don't expect it to help you get rid of acne. This thing clogs pores. All the talk about only the "true" mineral makeup works is BS. I'm living evidence of that fact.

on 1/26/2010 9:44:00 AM

Im 37 and have suffered with bad skin since I was 13. I've tried every foundation out there from cheap to expensive and can confidently say that this stuff is amazing! It made my skin look brilliant even when I had a breakout, but now I've used this for over 6 months I suffer far less with spots (maybe because it is all natural and doesn't contain talc etc). Have to mention that they've put a non spill twist cap inside the pot and you also only need a very little amount during application. This is my Holy Grail product!!