April 21, 2014 | 1816 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - bare Minerals Foundation #2/#3 & Mineral Veil

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2010 5:21:00 PM More reviews by vmgarcia02

I got really excited about this product as I have never liked wearing heavy foundations. I don't have a problem with appliance and packaging, and i am happy with light and natural coverage that it gives BUT it has set off my acne on my cheeks that i managed to get rid of 2 years ago, also have got cystic acne again or those annoying 3 in 1 spots.

All in all i am very disappointed, i hate these products that mislead you. It contains mica which is a pore blocker, wish i didn't turn a blind eye to that now!

Im so annoyed cos i liked this product, but as other ppl point out it causes acne. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2010 7:19:00 AM More reviews by hejhejhej

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm embarrased to say that I fell for the hype and bought this foundation thinking that it would help me cover my acne, while helping me clear up at the same time.

First of all, when applied, the foundation looks anything but natural and discrete. You do get a nice sheen, but the powder sets in any wrinkles and if you have dry and flaky skin this enhances the problem. After I have applied the powder I look at least 10 years older.

The application is fairly simple and very quick. I don't have a problem with the swirl and tap, but the powder lands pretty much everywhere so if you have a nice sweater on- take it off before applying.

The thing that put me off using Bare Escentuals was the thing I mentioned in the beginning, acne. I have constant, moderate acne, and sensitive, dry in parts- oily in others, red skin. I have never had acne in my cheekbone area, only on my forehead, apple of cheeks and chin area. BUT, when using Bare Escentuals for two weeks I developed acne under my cheekbones (where I used B.E. powder as blush). Tiny tiny pimples that almost looked like milia appeared and took several months to go away. Great...

I also got a few huge cysts on my cheeks and on my forehead, which I normally never have. I first blamed this on hormones, but since then I have experimented with Bare Escentuals and every time, I get the same thing. Tiny tiny milia/pimples and a few cysts wherever I apply the powder.

So, girls, give it a try if you feel like it, but don't expect it to help you get rid of acne. This thing clogs pores. All the talk about only the "true" mineral makeup works is BS. I'm living evidence of that fact.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 9:44:00 AM More reviews by kallie72

Im 37 and have suffered with bad skin since I was 13. I've tried every foundation out there from cheap to expensive and can confidently say that this stuff is amazing! It made my skin look brilliant even when I had a breakout, but now I've used this for over 6 months I suffer far less with spots (maybe because it is all natural and doesn't contain talc etc). Have to mention that they've put a non spill twist cap inside the pot and you also only need a very little amount during application. This is my Holy Grail product!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2010 2:57:00 AM More reviews by makeupismyvice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love make-up and am always looking for new and different types for different styles. I have always been curious about this product and have heard about it being a "natural, airbrushed look" . So I of coarse decided to get it and try it out.
First, I am baffled by the packaging and application of this product. You have to dump some of the powder in the lid, swirl the powder with the brush, then tap. There seems to be other, easier ways to apply this makeup, plus, I felt like I was wasting a lot of the powder.
Second, It looked horrible. I applied it many times, always using the technique in the instructions and on the instructional DVD. It always turned out the same; shiny, cakey, and very obvious. I like my facial makeup to cover my flaws and even out my skin, but I also feel that a good foundation should ultimately look like your not wearing any. After applying this product, makeup was all you could see. Also,my face felt dry. I took this product back the next day and will never buy anything from this brand again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2010 3:33:00 PM More reviews by abadabadoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Since I am very fair, it seems this product makes me look even more pale and washes out the little color I have.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 7:36:00 AM More reviews by jessido

My face has never looked more flawless. Although I don't care for their shedding brushes, their mineral foundation is the greatest thing since the wheel. Even when I mess up and put too much my skin absorbs it and evens it out like magic. I like how I can apply a little or a lot by applying in layers. If you don't already use two diff. shades for Summer/Winter you must for this product. The best thing is that you can even apply on your neck in case you have diff. shades on your face and décolleté

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2010 3:14:00 PM More reviews by gina01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think i reviewed this under another listing, anyways in short; poor quality, aweful shades, total waste of money..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2009 10:15:00 AM More reviews by KaiserMimiVII

I'm really torn about bareMinerals. At first, when I started to use it, it was simply amazing, I raved about it to everybody and everyone one. I used Medium Beige (NW20 skin tone) and I found that it hid my pores and a small scar on my cheek quite well. But then a month after I started using it, my skin would get really irritated immediately after application (very flushed, lots of dry patches, redness) but only sometimes, if I applied it to bare skin. If I used primer, it'd be ok. However, I think that it's not unreasonable for me to expect foundation to not cause allergies. I also hated the containers, so messy! I always had spilled powder all over my hands, counter tops and makeup bags, I finally cut two cardboard circles and wedged them into the container to prevent wasting the stuff. On the plus side, it does last a long time, I used the starter kit for about 4 months before I ran out of one shade of foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2009 11:20:00 PM More reviews by dnc441

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sorry i'm not a BE fan anymore. I was introduced to the product 3 years ago. I constantly use it. I've always had these "bumps" on my face since I started but never gave it much thought since I use makeup 2 x a week only. These bumps arent exactly pimples but they do go away after 1 day..

So lately i completely stopped using BE. my skin was super clear. Then used it for 1 day.. I tried something else.. i blended the powder in even under my chin. and guess WHAT... there were over 50 little bumps on my face, including under my chin. So these tiny little bumps were related to bismuth.

I'm changing to everyday minerals. I just went on their website and got 4 free samples ( 2 individual orders), for free + 2.80 shipping. I'm a medium beige in BE and hopefully the Olive family will work well for me with EDM. I read that EDM doesn't contain the bismuth (acne starting product!!!!), and its wayyyyyy cheaper, and has several other finishes. I'm excited.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2009 8:39:00 PM More reviews by graciegirl10196

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bare minerals foundation is a very good place to start for younger ones. There are only a few step to nice skin. I do have to say that this product is on the expensive side but i do think that you get your moneys worth. The only think i do not like about tihs product is that it doesn't give much coverage... so if you have acne or any other kind of skin problem this isn't the BEST for your skin coverage