October 1, 2014 | 1979 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by cardinalfire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This gave a great soft-focus finish and was perfect for setting concealer. It did not have the best staying power or coverage, but it faded naturally and did not oxidize so I didn't mind. This also was the best color match I've ever found for my NC40-42 skin. Ever.

Unfortunately, this powder was irritating to my skin. It broke me out with irritation pimples--not clogged pores--after a few weeks of using it consistently. I have never had a power do this to me before.

Now, I am back to using Urban Decay Surreal Skin mineral powder foundation in Vision. It's a little too yellow and matte for my tastes, but has full-medium coverage and great staying power. I just hate loose powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by LaurenFriend80

While I love so much about this product, the fact remains the same with all mineral makeups--usually, their first ingredient is Mica. This is the same with everything from BE to this MAC powder. The thing about MICA is that while it begins with a natural, oil-absorbing finish, that same absorption causes oxidation and even a gray cast on the yellowest of skintones. Most makeup artists will not apply products containing Mica to anyone who is about to have photographs taken, because that gray-shade is highly detectable on camera. I can even tell nights when I have worn it just by looking at my skin next to my friends' skin in pictures--I have somehow become the gray friend!! Anyway, if you are not an oily person, or only planning to have makeup on for a short time, it's a great product. However, in the long-term, after a full day and a bit of oil, this powder will go at least a shade darker and grayer!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by SHEEE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ive always had a hard time finding a medium-dark powder for myself. Ive literally wasted so much money trying to find the right match. I'm Filipino so alot of dark tones never matched right to my olive-tan skin. One day, it was my first time ever trying out MAC products, I was given a free makeup trial and the consultant applied this over the MAC foundation and it looked almost exact to my skin tone! I was amazed, it never left an ugly makeup line along my cheeks either . Not only did it match but it looks very natural and leaves your skin looking fabulous with no oily skin. A great product I would recommend to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by KBujold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For reference I'm nc42-44 with very strong yellow undertones. Combo winter, more oily summer. Acne prone.

I've been using this for about 2 years. I apply it to any foundation I want to use and it creates a nice satin finish that doesn't add too much colour. I also like that it controls fairly well. I usually use it as a setting powder with a big fluffy brush (mac 150). I sometimes use it as light powder foundaiton and use a kabuki brush (mac 182). The only problem I have is that if I want to touch up during the day, I find it makes me look too matte and gross. I've tried using different brushes but each and every time I look too matte. Also, I wish it came with a mirror if you wanted to touch up you'd need a mirror.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by kimmyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am NC30 and I use this to set my liquid foundation/conceal as well as just a foundation on it's own on lazy days. I absolutely love this product because it does give a natural finish if you find a good color match and it has multiple purposes. I am not sensitive to many ingredients, but if you are, I hear this does cause some break-outs. Otherwise, a great product to add ro any collection :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Melanar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

The packaging doesn't bug me. I think it's cute and I don't need a mirror with it as I can find one in any old bathroom nearby.

I have been using this product as a foundation for a couple of months now and it's great. I had no breakouts, irritations or allergic reactions to it, yay! The coverage is VERY light and sheer, no matter what the reviews say, this will probably only cover slight redness, and nothing more. You will need a concealer. The one thing it does do is smooth out the appearance of your skin. Making your pores go away, and your face smoother overall; and I think that's why everyone loves it. I'm not very high maintenance, and I don't want to bother removing a whole face of makeup every night, so I'll stick to this 'til I find a decent TM.

I apply this after moisturizer with a kabuki brush and set with fix+ (sometimes; usually if I use concealer). It's not matte, so it doesn't make me look overly dry, but it doesn't have a "dewy" effect. Try some at your MAC counter, $35 CAD is a bit much if it doesn't work with your skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by shtow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish under the buy again selection there was a Hells no option. This looked really pretty and offered surprising coverage paired with fix+ and 188. The first day I tried it I noticed a very, very slight itch. The second day, the itch got worse and my skin started to feel like it was burning. I got a few small red bumps and rashes on my skin and I had really small marks that looked like my skin was burned. Within a day the "burn" marks healed color-wise, but my skin was very chaffed and peeled. No amount of moisturizer or exfoliating could help the peeling, although it did help with the small burn marks. It's day 3 (not wearing the crap) and my skin looks like its recovering. In the trash this goes!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by iidunno

lets just say i got this because i needed a powder, i went to mac and the sales assistant matched me to this. im asian. nc20-30. and when i first got this and had used it i wanted to slap the sales assistant because it was like 2 shades darker then my skin tone and didnt look good. but hey i have learnt i was using a kabuki brush. why? because i wanted to use it as a 'foundation". so now i use it as a bronzer/finishing powder with a powder brush. since i use tinted moisturizer it does make my skin look light ish and this warms it up. i have found a way to make this work for me :) i also use a light hand and sweep it gently.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by gatuzm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

NC30-35// Oily skin. This seemed like the perfect match. The finish looks great and all at first... Until the end of the day when I realized it oxidized and turned a half a shade darker. I personally don't like the look as it made me look muddy. Played around with it one day at home, swatched the back of my hand heavily and decided to spray some Evian water (pretend it's sweat and oil) to see what happened, and my prediction came true as I saw it completely darken the min. The water hit the powder :( still debating if I want to get Medium plus, cause I'm scared that it will also oxidize.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2010 6:18:00 AM More reviews by LittleVy

I use this reliously everyday. After cleansing & moisturising, I apply my Clinique oil free sunscreen in SPF40,, then sweep this over my entire face using a MAC kabuki, then I so slightyly do a sweep of the Medium shade over that..
This lasts on my face all day from 6.30am until I wash it off @ 8.00pm.
This combo gives my face the most lovely dewy glow. I've even been complimented on how nice my skin looks with this stuff on!
Will definitely repurchase if the pan ever went empty.. and yes.. like other reviews.. wished MAC would make it in a compact with a mirror.
All in all.. LOVE this stuff!!