Revlon 3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black

2.4

on 4/21/2010 2:53:00 AM

First Revlon mascara I have ever purchased and I won't buy this again. I enjoyed using it for the first few days (gave decent length, great volume and curl), but the formula dries up quite quickly, less then a week! After it gets dry it's impossible to use and looks like horrible!

on 4/18/2010 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

At the time that I bought this mascara, I loved it. It added lenght and volume very well. Unfortunately I found that it clumps way more than my other mascaras, and flecks off on my cheeks during the day. Oh well, I liked it, but probably wouldn't buy it again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the worst mascara I have ever tried. It clumped my lashes and felt like I had guck on them. To the trash it went.

on 4/4/2010 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Horrible mascara! I have never had any success with Revlon mascaras in the past, but I thought perhaps over the years they might have gotten better. No such luck, the formulation is terrible, it was a clumpy, goopy mess. Even my daughter who can pretty much use any mascara could not use it.

on 3/28/2010 10:15:00 PM

ew. bad bad BAD mascara not even worth $1 unless u like goopy lashes that are a mess. This is the worst mascara I have ever owned. but then again I have different lashes (size/fullness) then other people. But honestly if u think this is great there are better ones.

on 3/18/2010 1:01:00 PM

I got this in a brownish black. Color is fine, but I really do not like the brush. Maybe I got a bad one, but it's not very wide and has short bristles that don't go all the way around the wand, so I'm always having to rotate it so I get bristles on my lashes and can't roll the brush up my lashes because of the flat spots on the brush. My brush looks nothing like the one in the ads I've seen. Once it's on and I've combed through my lashes with a clean spoolie brush, this product looks fine. It's harder to remove than other mascaras I'd been using; sometimes I'll think I've gotten it off only to find traces under my eyes in the morning.

on 3/17/2010 11:24:00 PM

I'm shocked at the bad reviews for this mascara. Just bought this yesterday on a whim at Watson's (Singapore) and paid $19 (about $14). I love what it does to my lashes. They are soo fanned out and full. I agree that the brush is unconventional but I love how it's easier to work with it. Also, the drier formula allows to create more volume. I gotta get my hands on more of these suckers. I see that they're selling on ebay for about $3!! Yeeey:)
Btw. I rated it low for price because Revlon is expensive in Singapore as opposed to the US. Drugstore makeup shouldn't cost this much!

on 3/13/2010 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

So I bought this at Big Lots for $3, not expecting anything good or bad. Teeniny brush, but that's good. Not everyone has Diorshow-sized eyes. It's a very wet formula, so if you don't like that, steer clear. I also picked up Full n' Soft at the same time ($2, heartchoo BL) and put it on RIGHT after this, and the brush on there helped comb out and separate my lashes. Once you comb through your lashes with a spoolie or a lash comb, YOWZA. Color me impressed.

Probably won't buy it again simply because I'm always on the hunt for the next great mascara in my life. But not bad, Revlon. Not bad at all.

on 2/21/2010 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

When I first bought this product, I HATED it. I was also just starting out in makeup, and didn't know how to effectively apply it. Then I started watching YouTube videos like a mad woman and figured it out. Yes, the wand is strangely small and gets a bit gobby, but there's an easy remedy! If you make sure to wiggle the wand as you work it through your lashes you shouldn't have too much clumping, and then just run a spoolie brush through your lashes to get out any remaining clumps! When used this way, I actually really LOVE the look it gives my lashes-- very VERY full and long. I get a lot of compliments on my eyelashes (people ask if I'm wearing falsies!) when I wear this, so there IS a way to make this work, ladies! I probably would not repurchase this again, because I prefer CG Lashblast or Loreal Voluminous, but I bought this for 50% off and certainly think it's a decent mascara-- just requires a little more work than I'm used to in order to reach its full potential.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I'm confused by the rating on this product. I am seriously the biggest mascara JUNKIE in the world. I've tried every volumizing mascara by every brand, plus ordering the brands that aren't available online from sephora, it's crazy. But I keep coming back to this. Granted, I usually combine it with another mascara, but it does fine on it's own too.

It gives me the fullest lashes I've ever gotten from a mascara. I like the tiny brush too, it helps me maneuver it around and get the tiny lashes. The only downside for me is that it flakes by the end of the day and gets in my contacts, but most mascaras I try do that. It's my tried and true thickening DS brand mascara!

Popular Mascaras