November 1, 2014 | 891 users online

Primer/ Corrector - LORAC - Oil-Free Neutralizer

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2007 8:06:00 PM More reviews by aimeeb12

I really like this product. I would say that it's primarily green in color w/just a hint of nude. I picked this up b/c a combo of the winter weather and topical acne treatments has my skin looking 'redder' than usual. This stuff helps to tone it down a bit alone and under makeup. When I first bought the product I tried to use it by itself and it didn't work at all. In fact it was horrible, but then I mixed it with my daily moisturizer and I saw some results. I wouldn't rec using this all by itself all over the entire face. I also use a little extra over blemishes if I'm doing my makeup. The packaging sucks b/c you get way too much in one squirt. You need very little of this stuff. Another bonus is that its oil-free and has never caused any irritation.I would rec this for someone who's skin has little to medium redness and they just want to tone it down a bit. Nice product;)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2007 3:24:00 PM More reviews by MACisWack

I have been looking for a product like this for a long time! I have quite a bit of redness on my cheeks, chin, and forehead, which has made finding a matching foundation extremely difficult. Cool shades bring out the red, warm shades turn orange, and it's not easy to find a perfect neutral. I've tried lots of the green-tint-type products in a effort to even out my complexion prior to applying foundation, but the end result is an unnatural-looking mask. Then I tried this stuff... HG, HG, HG! It's a beige liquid with an almost imperceptible green tint. I've found that it applies best with a sponge to sheer it out. One pump is the right amount for my whole face. Apply it to your red areas only, let it dry (this is key to prevent streaking), then apply your foundation on top. It has a dry finish as opposed to dewy, which is fabulous for my oily skin. This is the only product that has been able to give me that natually even-complected look. Me: MAC NW20, NARS Deauville, brown hair/eyes, sensitive oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2006 12:12:00 PM More reviews by connieallbright

If you have reddish (ruddy) toned skin, this is the product for you. For years, I've covered my red face with foundations or powders only to see the red coming through at the end of the day. Now, my skin looks normal -- like a regular person.

If your skin isn't really red, this product will be a waste of money for you. Also, I can't imagine how this would work on someone with a tan or anything darker than medium beige tone skin.

Apply sparingly. Try mixing in a little oil-free moisturizer until you get the hang of application. One pump will be too much for you - less really is more. I can't image when I'm going to need a new bottle (you end up using so little of the product that it lasts forever) but I will certainly repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2006 1:50:00 PM More reviews by canadabanada

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well this is my hg redness corrector. I just "works"! I apply it over my moisturizer and under my primer. I find some days that is all I need instead of foundation.
it works extremely well for my oily acne prone skin. I first got it in a sample format from sephora and my first couple of tries I was not sure on it. But the end of the sample I had to cut the sample open like a book and practically lick it out..lol
I instantly purchased the full sized and have swapped for a back-up.
My only wish is that is was a tad bit thicker, my sample seemed a bit thicker than the full sized product. But I still LOVE this product.
It evens out my skin tone and seems to help with pore appearance as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2006 8:09:00 AM More reviews by Cantatrice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have bought it because it is oil-free. I have break-out prone skin and thought this would do someting to prevent the occasional outbursts. I have been using this for a month now and don't see anything special about it. It is hard to blend, my skin doesn't take it well even after the moisturizer. I don't think I will buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2006 8:41:00 PM More reviews by pjimenez34

I bought this because the SA at Sephora touted it as being great. It was very hard to blend, even with moisturizer, and after a few days of use it irritated my skin. I have mild reddness on my cheeks and some on my nose, this did not "correct" the problem as it stated it would. I would not recommed this product not purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2006 11:44:00 PM More reviews by kissmytiarabitch

I'm undecided about this i bought it because i had post acne marks...it works okay, i wish it was a little more pigmented. but stayed put all day for me.
might buy agian..if you have light red marks could probably work well for you

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2006 6:39:00 PM More reviews by ilikesims2000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received this as a sample from Sephora. When applied thinly with a sponge, it works great to even out complexion and hides redness. If you're covering pimples, it will not work well. If only it had a sun protection, I would had buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2006 3:57:00 PM More reviews by kersalli

I got 2 sample packets from Sephora and I just love this stuff. I have always had problems with my skin and a lot of red/pink undertones and I have tried plenty so I wasn’t expecting much with this. But, I was pleasantly surprised with the results. I’ll agree with other reviewers that this stuff does have a yellow/gray color and even once you put it on it does give your face a somewhat muddy appearance BUT once you put a little foundation over the top your skin will look perfect. I don’t recommend using this product instead of foundation or concealer, but with those products instead. It acts as a redness corrector plus foundation primer because everything goes on smoother once you put this stuff on. I think it even helps my makeup stay on longer throughout the day. I don’t think it does anything for my complexion itself, it just really helps to reduce the redness. My advice: if you can get a sample of this, try it. I plan on buying the full-size product once my samples run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2006 6:04:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I love this product. I'm so upset I didn't realize it was around sooner. The slight grayish tint can be somewhat off-putting, but necessary, I suppose, if it's going to do anything that requires neutralizing. I have yellow toned skin that has occasional redness, especially around my chin, and I hate seeing any pink on my face other than on my cheeks, so having this around is really great. Admittedly, it is a little harder to blend than most other concealers and/or foundations, but not impossible, and not hard enough to keep me away from repurchasing or using again and again as needed. continued >>