Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner

3.9

Cyclopentasiloxane, Ozokerite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera {Candelilla} Wax), Tocopherol, Sorbic Acid, BHT, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), MICA, Black 2 (CI 77266), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 77470).

on 6/4/2013 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Here's the thing with these liners. I love the colors. I like that they stay put. The teal and blackberry are my favorite ones. At first they work wonderfully. However, the shelf life of these liners does not compare with other brands, unless you use it every single day and use it up before it becomes useless. What I mean is that they become impossible to get on your lid if you keep them for more than a few months. I'm not sure if it's because it's a non-budge formula but they no longer glide on or show up due to a waxy, hardened build-up, so it's hard to apply. I'm not saying you're supposed to keep liners for that long, but I've kept many for a LONG time that I was still able to use just fine, these just go bad after a few months. And this has happened with every shade of this kind that I bought. So for that reason I think they're a waste of money. A shame too, cause I love the colors and they do stay put- when they work for the first 3 months!!

on 5/27/2013 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It has very poor last power and smudges all over my lids.

on 5/9/2013 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I ended up going to the opthamologist after using this product for a while because my eyes were SO red and I could not stop itching!!
Dr. told me I had an eye infection in both eyes and a rash on both of my eyelids! 2 weeks of steroid drops and creams (and of course, no eye makeup)....
Will not EVER use this eyeliner again!

Classic, reliable, everyday liner. Nothing too dramatic. Goes on smoothly.

on 4/26/2013 1:58:00 AM

Love it because it stays on my waterline! Definitely my holy grail waterline eyeliner!

on 4/23/2013 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this eyeliner. It really emphasizes on "Colorstay" because it stays on ALL DAY. Possibly more than 24 hours for sure! I use this eyeliner to tightline my eyes & it never comes off. It's so black and creamy. It glides on like butter which definitely helps for those with shaky hands. One of the best! Also love the fact that it's retractable! Highly recommend this eyeliner because it's one of my HGs.

on 4/17/2013 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I use and like Chanel and Urban Decay eyeliners. I bought this (black) on the recommendation of a friend. I liked that it was an automatic pencil as the other ones I use are not, and I have to sharpen them. The consistency is very hard and waxy. Application was difficult. I had to keep going over the lid several times to deposit color, and the pencil tugged and pulled at my eyelid. The shade black isn't very black or dark, it is more of a dark grey. I ended up tossing it after using it three times. The only redeeming quality that this eyeliner had was that it didn't smudge. I would not re-purchase.

I've been using this eyeliner for years! It's the only one that doesn't crease and actually does stay on. I usually only have to touch it up once during the day. Great product!

on 4/17/2013 12:48:00 AM

too much tugging on my lid/skin.

i prefer other liners that doesn't apply with much difficulty.

on 3/23/2013 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Not a bad liner. Decent consistency, pretty good staying power. I've found that I prefer softer, creamier liners as they're easier to apply and are more easily manipulated if you need to fix mistakes--this one is on the harder, waxier side. I do love self-sharpening liners, but don't even bother with the sharpener hidden in the cap--the tip will just break off and get stuck inside, leaving it useless.