July 30, 2014 | 1018 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAC - Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 12:11:00 PM More reviews by xine_07

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was hesitant to try this as high facial SPF usually cause me to break out terribly. The MAC SA assured me it could be returned so I chose to give it a try. I am certainly glad I did! The consistency of this primer is more like a lotion rather than a gel. It is white but disappears when applied with my fingers. It does not irritate, cause me to break out and keeps my foundation in place all day. I am very happy this is working for me.It can separate so be sure to shake it before using. The only negative is that I find the tube hard to squeeze, and sometimes get a little too much which is wasteful.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2012 2:31:00 AM More reviews by pammie0415

I've been using this product ever since it started to get warmer and the sun's been out more now. I wear it under my foundations and so far it's worked well with all my foundations (I wear different foundation depending on my mood). It didn't cause me to break out either so that's good. As a primer it does what any other primer does so I don't think it's super special in any sense but I like the SPF50 aspect of it. Though I think I might need to add an extra layer of sunscreen under it when summer really hits as I don't think such a thin layer of primer does much.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2012 9:52:00 AM More reviews by MsJ2u

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product. It goes on smooth, goes into pores nicely too. However, it causes breakouts for acne-prone sensitive skin. The product is actually the best primer I've tried. It's just not for sensitive skin....if you are acne prone...DO NOT BUY.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I sauntered over to the MAC counter today to buy up some Seedy Pearl (FINALLY) and decided to find out what my foundation code was, since that seems to be what everyone uses to figure out what other foundation colours will work for them. The girl there was very nice and offered to doll me up for today. Great!

Before we tried a couple different shades, she brushed on a bit of this primer onto my face, which I had cleansed about 30 minutes previously but already had a bit of ominous sticky to it. It made my skin look quite nice and smoothed out some of the pore problems I have. After she put on the foundation, it seemed to be a home run, and I gratefully accepted the samples she popped into my bag despite having purchased Smashbox Photofinish Light at Sephora a few minutes earlier.

A few hours later, though, I'm mopping up the oil slicks on my face - which took two papers to shine-off. My makeup still looks great, but it definitely does not work on the mattifying line. Smashbox tomorrow it is, then.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by karinaFresh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite primer I've tried to date. It definitely feels & looks more like a moisturizer then an actual primer, it's white & blends into your skin, I can see this leaving a slight white cast if over-applied though due to the high SPF. Its consistency is that of a regular lotion not too thin or liquidy but not too thick or hard to spread. I don't notice any scent, no detectable SPF scent either. It's not heavy at all on, which was what I was initially concerned about. It's slightly moisturizing but not overly so. It doesn't feel greasy & has somewhat of a slight tackiness before it fully dries (I let it set for 2 minutes before I apply foundation). Foundation applies easily over top of it & blends without any streaking. If anything it makes my foundation look more like skin then most primers, it doesn't look at all cakey. With that said, it doesn't really fill in lines & pores like most silicone-based primers, it only does it to a certain extent. My makeup really wears a lot longer with this primer more then any primer I've tried yet, it also really controls my very oily skin without drying it out. I have somewhat sensitive skin & this hasn't broken me out or given me any adverse reactions. I've actually noticed some of my acne bumps are starting to disappear ever since I've switched to this from my previous primer. I bought this because everyone claims it makes makeup stick & controls oil very well & it's all true. I do wish there was more product because it is a very small bottle for $30 so hopefully I don't run out of it that fast.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by marxmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is useless. Made my face oxidize and dried some area of my skin. Wasted my money. It cost 58sgd. I'm using rmk's creamy primer in 01 and gives my face a radiant glow and it doesnt oxidize..

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2012 7:10:00 AM More reviews by kkler1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I live in the UK and tried this twice and saw no noticable difference- negative or positive.
Last week however, I went away on holiday and needed a high SPF for my face so took this with no expectation of it doing anything dramatic for my makeup. On my first day on holiday- where the temp was well above 25c- I did a tour of the city on foot and swam and my makeup (full face) stayed immaculate! I wore the primer for the full weekend and my makeup stayed on and never needed blotting.
Now back in the UK, I have been using this ever day with no negative effect- I can honestly see a difference in the tone of my skin, meaning I need a little less concealer and it really does keep my makeup looking matte and smooth.
I only give it four stars as I have only been using it for a week- God knows what will happen to my skin in the next month...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 8:55:00 AM More reviews by annasandler

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This product is wonderful for helping my makeup last. I also love it because of the SPF50. I use it instead of a moisturiser and as a primer under makeup in the mornings. My skin is looking good but it is erring on the dry side so I wonder if I need an additional moisturiser or serum to help- then perhaps it wouldn't work as well. Overall am very pleased and will buy again. I can see how the packaging will be a pin at the end as it will be very hard to get the last bits of product out without wastage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by peunwha

I love it
it's like Primer + Sunblock , so all in 1.

smooth texture, no breaking out, not greasy, not matt. not too expensive 27$ ( I used to use Clarins uv plus, cause it gave my face dewy great looking texture but costs 40$ )
this makes my makeup last all day. good product

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 6:13:00 AM More reviews by Corak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very oily, acne-prone skin, my nose is always congested with blackheads, my cheeks and chin suffer from hormonal breakouts every month, and I will never live without this primer in my makeup routine. I used to be a bit of a cheapskate and just primed with my Effaclar M moisturizer or applied foundation on my bare skin. Biggest makeup rookie mistake ever. Because my face is constantly covered in active breakouts, I use a full coverage long-lasting foundation everyday (my HG foundation is Shiseido sun liquid foundation SPF 43). However, without a primer this foundation absolutely ravaged my raw and sensitive breakout areas. After this terrifying ordeal I would say one of the most valuable properties of this primer is in protecting your face from those especially harsh ingredients that are present in water-resistant foundations. The protective properties really are twofold: 1) seals in your serum or moisturizer, 2) prevents your foundation from settling into your pores and blemishes. After I cleanse my face, I apply my day serum, then apply a pea-sized amount of this primer all over the face including my eyelids and under-eye area. It is not drying for my oily skin and it leaves a matte and smooth canvas for which to apply my foundation after about 10 mins. This is the best performing primer in its price bracket and highly recommended to prime underneath heavy-duty foundations.