Aveda Large Paddle Brush

4.7

I bought this brush when it was 12.00 usd! That's how long I've had it. Friends was still 'new' on Must see TV. It was the early 90's this brush did me proud!

I've had the "Rachel", 90210 hair, Melrose Place Hair ,Fly girl Hair, Grunge hair, Bangs, no bangs, long bangs...Stripes, and Chunky highlights. Well.. Thank Goodness I didn't get a Mullet but had I gone that route, this brush would have styled me sexy! I'm just saying....
It's flipping awesome.

I finally retired it after many years of use and dragging it with me everywhere. I used it as the Single Mom Hammer to hang pictures and
squash water bugs. Darn that paddle is big! It remained true and sturdy!

Yes.. it's sad..
I retired it because the little ball things fell off over the years and it started to get a little scratchy.

I'll admit that I almost fell over when I had to pay 12.00 for a hairbrush.
It was worth it. I've broken so many Goody brushes with my thick locks so I probably saved a fortune by buying this one.

I'll probably get another one. Now they offer the brush with purchase so that gives me an excuse to shop! Maybe it will last longer this time, since I now have a husband for the waterbugs and a tool kit for home improvements.

Big surface so you can brush your hair with only a few sweeps. It doesn't glide through real tangles, of course (unless you don't mind tugging at and ripping your hair) but does smooth my hair quickly and efficiently. The bristles are nylon (I think), minus the little balls that you usually see at the tips of most brush bristles. The bristles thus feel a little scratchy against your scalp, but in an oddly pleasant way. It's not quite the same if you go buy a plastic brush and rip off the balls (ouch!) somehow, since this Aveda brush won't ever scratch you in a painful way. I have not used this for blowdrying or styling (I prefer a round brush for that) but I am pleased with this item overall.

Oh this feels SOOOO good I could brush my hair all day. The feeling of this on my scalp is incredible! I actually used this to comb my wet hair out today and it worked great and felt so good!!! I love this brush!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

At first I balked at the price 16.50 but have recently decided that if I am to spend money I may as well go for the best quality I can get, because it will last. This is a wonderful hairbrush for medium to long hair. My hair is very thick but this makes light work of it and I checked the brush after - not a single hair had been pulled out which is a real change. The brush is very light and that makes it reasonably transportable despite its size. The bristles feel like a mini head massage and I've become a little addicted to brushing my hair because if it! I will have to see if it lasts as it will have to to justify the price, but I have high hopes.
UPDATE
So I have had this brush for a few months now and while it still works exactly as well as when first bought the wood has chipped a little giving the brush a slightly tarnished look. If you are buying the brush to be functional rather than visually appealing this should not cause concern.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have had my brush for over 10 years - the same one - and it is still in great shape. None of the bristles have fallen out, and with proper care - washing - it will last another 10 years I suspect! I would def recc this to anybody.

love this brush! feels great on the scalp... its about $30 up here in canada but so worth it... i have switched my products to cone free and got this brush and my hair is behaving in ways it never has before! HG!

This is totaly AMAZING. perfect for blow drying straight. I just love the way this feels on my scalp. it's a pretty natrual wooden brush, kinda cute, this is the best hair brush ever. perfect for detangling... and taking out kinks and stuff like that, 17.00 but worth it... this is the only hair brush i will ever use... thanks Aveda!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This is my new favorite brush.

I have been using this brush for over ten years to blowdry my long thick hair. I am on my third brush. It feels incredible on your scalp and just works amazingly on my hair.

I love this brush as well. It works wonders for blow-drying my long, thick, course hair. I had a similar style brush from the drugstore (probably Conair) and I am throwing it in the trash. It would rip my hair out. The Aveda brush glides through tangles so easily!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools