Aveda Large Paddle Brush

4.7

on 8/11/2007 10:09:00 AM

Oh this feels SOOOO good I could brush my hair all day. The feeling of this on my scalp is incredible! I actually used this to comb my wet hair out today and it worked great and felt so good!!! I love this brush!

on 8/3/2007 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

At first I balked at the price £16.50 but have recently decided that if I am to spend money I may as well go for the best quality I can get, because it will last. This is a wonderful hairbrush for medium to long hair. My hair is very thick but this makes light work of it and I checked the brush after - not a single hair had been pulled out which is a real change. The brush is very light and that makes it reasonably transportable despite its size. The bristles feel like a mini head massage and I've become a little addicted to brushing my hair because if it! I will have to see if it lasts as it will have to to justify the price, but I have high hopes.
UPDATE
So I have had this brush for a few months now and while it still works exactly as well as when first bought the wood has chipped a little giving the brush a slightly tarnished look. If you are buying the brush to be functional rather than visually appealing this should not cause concern.

on 7/26/2007 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have had my brush for over 10 years - the same one - and it is still in great shape. None of the bristles have fallen out, and with proper care - washing - it will last another 10 years I suspect! I would def recc this to anybody.

love this brush! feels great on the scalp... its about $30 up here in canada but so worth it... i have switched my products to cone free and got this brush and my hair is behaving in ways it never has before! HG!

on 6/16/2007 6:06:00 AM

This is totaly AMAZING. perfect for blow drying straight. I just love the way this feels on my scalp. it's a pretty natrual wooden brush, kinda cute, this is the best hair brush ever. perfect for detangling... and taking out kinks and stuff like that, 17.00 but worth it... this is the only hair brush i will ever use... thanks Aveda!

on 6/16/2007 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This is my new favorite brush.

on 5/10/2007 6:22:00 AM

I have been using this brush for over ten years to blowdry my long thick hair. I am on my third brush. It feels incredible on your scalp and just works amazingly on my hair.

on 5/6/2007 2:48:00 PM

I love this brush as well. It works wonders for blow-drying my long, thick, course hair. I had a similar style brush from the drugstore (probably Conair) and I am throwing it in the trash. It would rip my hair out. The Aveda brush glides through tangles so easily!

on 4/24/2007 11:25:00 PM

I am undoubtedly in love with this brush! I was a drugstore brush user and I never thought a brush could glide though my fine/dense wavy hair like butter, but Avedaís paddle brush most certainly does...Iím in total awe. I donít know what makes this brush so much better for me than a similar drugstore brush, but it is, by leaps and bounds. I used to *loath* having to brush or comb my hair, just a total pita. Now, I find myself brushing my hair just for the heck of it because it feels good and makes my hair silky...thatís how much I love this brush! I love it on my scalp as well. I can see how those with a more sensitive scalp might find the bristles scratchy but on mine, it just feels like a phenomenal massage. At $17 it isnít cheap but itís a price Iíd willing pay again without much protest. A couple of reviewers mentioned giving this as a gift and I heartedly agree. My only wish is that Aveda would come out with a travel/purse size.

on 1/24/2007 12:56:00 PM

WOW! I'm a believer! I bought this after seeing raves for it on the hair board and I am so glad that I did. I had been using a round ceramic brush and didnt realize that it was causing me to look like I had split ends. I tried shampoo and conditioner one after another, thinking that was the problem. However, the first day that I styled my hair with this brush, it looked amazing! So soft and did exactly what i wanted it to, without having to use the flat iron hardly at all!

I was not offended at all by the price. I think Aveda products in general are pretty reasonable. I would have paid a lot more than $17 for this brush.

I have shoulder length inverted bob and I was concerned that this brush would not be able to achieve the look I was going through, but my hair has looked better than ever! I cannot recommend this brush enough! I think i am going to go out and buy each of my sisters one!!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools

Derma Roller
Mia
the sponge
Mia2
Foreo - Luna

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Final Results of Aveda's Naturally Straight after 5 Uses. 4A, 4B, 4C & 4Z hair by Brandie Jeanette

How to Straighten Kinky Hair With Aveda's Naturally Straight. 4A, 4B, 4C , 4Z Type Hair by Brandie Jeanette

Top Rated Aveda Products