December 18, 2014 | 853 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #252 Large Shader Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2006 10:57:00 PM More reviews by MACAddiction

Nice for concealer. Haven't yet tried for packing on e/s, or pigments - will update when I do. Very nice for concealer - soft, but firm bristles, no shedding. Edit: I don't recommend buying the SE version of this brush. The SE version, while quite adorable, resembled a mini broom, and it felt that way as I swept and scratched it under my eye. If you really want this brush, buy the real version.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2006 3:12:00 AM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually have the SE version of this, from the olive brush set IIRC (holday 05). I really like using this brush to apply cream shadows, mac paints, and to pack on color (but then I got my 239 brush, so I use this less for packing on color b/c I prefer 239 for that). I would definitely recommend this brush for those with lots of lid space, or someone looking for a firm brush to apply cream shadow/concealer/and paints.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2006 2:34:00 PM More reviews by pinki3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

brush bristles are very sturdy, BUT soft! perfect for eyeshadows.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2006 2:27:00 AM More reviews by glamrockgal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought it for no lemming just I saw and buy it.And I dont even know what job I thoght this would do.But after reading reviews I used it for all over eyeshadow application.I also use it for cream textures like cream eyeshadow.I love to blend concealer with my fingers but I hope to make this brush my concealer brush.After I try I will re-write my review:) I dont think I will buy it again cause I already have it in very good condition that can last for many years

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2006 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my second 252. I got my first one in a the '05 Nordie's tailormade pinstripe set that i bought.
I use it often. I use it with my pigments wet, and i use it for packing on shadows> i am really glad i now have 2 of these in my collection

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2006 6:55:00 PM More reviews by lovermac

Great brush. It works well for concealer and paints, but I also discovered that this brush works great for shading down the sides of my nose to slim it down. It is firm and large enough to do a great job of that.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2005 11:25:00 AM More reviews by andrea46

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am calling this my "surprise brush". I got it in the olive stashette brush set in the 2005 holiday collection. I read the reviews below that it's great for concealer and I do agree. Also does a very efficient job at applying e/s. Well, now I discovered another use for it. Yesterday was at the MAC store and the ma applied creme blush with this. It went on so smoothly and naturally, blended in so well. Because it is not wide, you can be very precise. I will probably "need" to buy the full-sized version of this as it is so versatile. This is indeed a sleeper among MAC's wonderful (imho) brushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2005 8:35:00 PM More reviews by melbloom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Totally useless as an eyeshadow brush- PERFECT for applying concealer! I had never even attempted to use a brush to put on concealer (thought my fingers were doing the job alright) until I bought this brush for eyeshadow application. One attempt showed me the brush was way too big for putting shadows on my lids. So the 252 sat there, being too big, until I decided to just try it with my concealer. Brilliant!!! Makes the concealer melt into my skin until it doesn't even look like I'm wearing makeup anymore- it looks like my skin is even and flawless. Trickery! I love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2005 8:09:00 PM More reviews by dewdropsjd

This brush is soooo effective as both an all over and crease eye brush. I thought about it and the reviews on board have confirmed that this would be an excellent concealer brush as well. A Must Have!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2005 3:51:00 PM More reviews by marshmello

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This quickly became my favorite brush. I initially bought it to apply eyeshadows, but after tyring it out with concealer, I was amazed. It has the perfect shape and firmness. It picks up a good amount of product which covers the eye area much quicker than brush 242. My application is flawless every time with this brush. I originally bought brush 242 for concealer, but the head is smaller and it seemed to take forever to get the concealer on so I now use it to apply highlighter. I highly recommend this brush to anyone looking for a good concealer brush. Well worth the $$$.