October 21, 2014 | 1103 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Sheer City Block SPF 25

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by zoemiller

A really super product. I find this works perfectly well as a light tinted moisturiser/primer for me. Its just the right colour for that. Definitely does the job its intended for. Sometimes settles into pores though and it feels a bit thick on my face too. I don't wear it every day

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by jcq

I am not hoping this product to be tinted.. it is more like tinted moisturizer with spf. the product's totally okay, it helps reducing my redness, easy to blend, and unscented. makes my oily skin a bit greasy sometimes, but in overall, like this!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2011 8:21:00 AM More reviews by bella1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received a small sample tube of Clinique City Block Sheer SPF25, and I used it a couple times with great disappointment. I really needed for this one to work, as I have had severe reactions to chemical sunscreen, and I hoped that Clinique's physical sunscreen would be a decent product. I liked the light tint, it was perfect for my light skin tone, I liked applying the product, I didn't have any issues. However, I was supershiny right away. I thought it would get better once the product got absorbed.... well, it doesn't get absorbed. It SITS on your skin like a sticky mask. As the day went on, my own skin oil and the product mixed together to create this goopy, almost like liquid play-dough compound on my face. While it did not cause me any allergic reactions, this product is unusable. I'm glad I did not purchase the full size.
NOTE: I did not wear anything else on my face while wearing the City Block, no moisturizers or makeup, becasue I wanted to see what the product alone would do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by avironneur

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WHAT IS IT? Sunscreen (slightly tinted) with both zinc and titanium oxide - fragrance-free, oil-free, and somewhat moisturizing.

INGREDIENTS; Active: Titanium Dioxide 7.30% Zinc Oxide 6.90% Ingredients: Water/Aqua, trioctyldodecyl citrate, butylene glycol, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, steareth-2, stearyl heptanoate, aluminum stearate, silica, lecithin, gentiana lutea (Gentian) root extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) extract, betula laba (birth) bark extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, laminaria saccharina extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, helianthus annus (sunflower) seedcake, sodium hyaluronate, sorbitan tristearate, linoleic acid, polyquarternium 51, caprylyl methicone, sorbitol, sodium RNA, phospholipids, PEG-40 stearate, magnesium aluminum silicate, caprylyl glycol, tocopheryl acetate, phytantriol, stearic acid, hydrogenated lecithin, cellulose, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, stearyl dimethicone, ascorbyl tocopheryl maleate, nordihydroguaiaretic acid, linolenic acid, pentethine, bisabolol, hydroxyethyl urea, ceteth-2, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, steareth-20, isopropyl titanium trisostearate, propylene glycol dicaprate, sodium stearate, nylon-12, citric acid, nylon-6, hexylene glycol, xanthan gum, disodium EDTA, BHT, phenoxyethanol, titanium, iron oxides.

HOW DOES IT PERFORM? - The tint might make this too dark for some but I find this is moisturizing enough to wear alone in summer weather and despite not being waterproof, this holds up well to light sweating and humid weather (would not work at the beach or during exercise)

The tint us slight enough to hide minor blemishes and redness and the ingredient profile makes this an appropriate products for those suffering from rosacea.

WOULD YOU BUY AGAIN? Yes although as a male I reserve use of this product for periods when I am especially red or have work presentations requiring me to cover blemishes.

PRICE: 21.50 CAD for 40ml

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 7:17:00 AM More reviews by sjg1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I think this is great sunblock - there are challenges -- patience when applying it & if your skin is dry a moisturizer underneath - which can lead to a bit more oil than is ideal. But to me the high physical/high UVA protection makes it worth it, and my combination skin rarely breaks out due to using this product (it actually looks better, maybe because of the antioxidants).

UPDATE: after a lot of recent breakouts on face, trying Neutrogena Ultra Sheer 'Dry Touch' to get a break from this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this about a month and a half. I don't like it very much because it clogs my pores terribly. It is also a funny color - it is tinted, and the tint makes my face darker and more yellow - an unnatural almost jaundiced color - and I have very yellow undertones, and it is even too yellow for me!
It also tends to make my face more oily.

It is a nice texture that blends in easily, and it has great ingredients that offer good daily protection from UVA and UVB. the zinc oxide & titanium dioxide are coated (super important to me) and are micronized, not nano (I wrote the company and asked). So the ingredients are A+ but it just didn't work out for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by ExpatBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

* My background - Previously, I used La Roche Posay Anthelios SPF 30 sunscreen but it was too drying on my skin and I needed something more hydrating.
* Pros - Unscented, light texture that goes on smoothly and is non-drying. Doesn't clog pores and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and eyes since I wear contact lenses.
* Cons - Sometimes whitish and gooey if you don't shake the tube before dispensing, need to blend well on application.
* Verdict - This is the sheerest sunscreen that is also hydrating and best part is that it doesn't dry out my skin at all. A keeper!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by valentynka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

PROS
pleasant texture
physical SPF
didnt dry me out or leave me oily
CONS
balls up, no matter how exfoliated my skin is, with/without moisturizer underneath

Wasnt too happy about rosemary extract [hasnt caused any immediate irritation - used only few times], tint is rather off my skin tone, but would do, however will not repurchase due to frustrating application&awful,uneven finish

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 9:13:00 AM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only sunscreen I can use. I love it. It brightens my skin, doesn't break me out, and its affordable. Use more than you think you need, it glides better, and gives you better protection and actually works almost as a primer - if you put enough-. I wish the tube was 4 times as big. Its so small :( Like maybe 2-3 months worth more or less used heavily. Love the soft clean scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by redkitten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The review is for Clinique,City Block Sheer Oil-Free Daily Face Protector SPF 25 .
Active: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%), Zinc Oxide (6.9%).
This product is really sheer, high-level broad-spectrum UVA/UVB daily sun protection.I use this like foundation base-primer or sometimes i wear this after moisturizer and nothing else on top.I can wear this in many ways,but still get red cheeks after few hours.I never wear this products on lids or under eyes only becouse i am sensitive all over.
No chemical sunscreens in this,but still wonder why i got this redness if is so safe?
This protects skin from sun damage with its actives of titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. The lightweight but still moisturizing base,is best for normal to dry skin in my experience . And becouse i have combo skin and oily zone(nose and chin) this product is not really good for me.
My skin is dry in winter but oily in summer.When i got this product i didnt imagine that squizing the tub(gently of course) i will get back few tiny drops of something really oily and tinted.The best way to use this is directly on dry-clean skin,like moisturizer,this was the only way i could use this.Unfortunately few hours later, i had very oily nose and chin..and the bonus,my cheeks were red like i got a sunburn (not true).
This product gave me for few days the impression,i found my HG sunprotection product..and few days later i was working hard to heal my red cheeks.
I really hate it what runny is the texture and the second you start applying the product,next moment the greasiness comes right on top.What kind of oil free moisturiser is this,with such a greasy finish?
I spend so much money with Clinique products and still didnt found one to mach with my skin needs.
To be clear,i hate this!!