August 21, 2014 | 1767 users online

Polishes - OPI - OPI Ink

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2008 5:59:00 PM More reviews by mariannaoust

I really love this color. I love the fact that sometimes itís blue (in bright indoor light or sunlight) and sometimes the purple glitter really takes over (in regular indoor light), but it never looks black, which is so often the problem with dark colors. It makes me happy every time I glance down at my nails. I didnít notice that it chipped any faster than my other opiís, but I do religiously reapply my duri treatment every other day; I think that extends the wear of almost any polish way past a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2008 10:04:00 PM More reviews by annabelle

Ink is part of OPI's Night Brights Collection released in spring 2007.
I grabbed this one when it first came out and loved it back then. I re-applied it tonight, a year a half later, and I see how much I had forgotten how beautiful this np is.
The color is a blue infused with purple shimmer. It's a vampy np and in some lights the glitter sparkles. Is it blue? Is it purple? It really depends on the lighting and the angle. Since then, OPI has released many "blurples" such as Russian Navy but IMO, none come close to this one. It's just such an interesting shade, that the other colors lack. This one sparkles the most IMO.
The application was amazing. After a year and a half, the consistency hasn't changed: it's not too thin, not too thick. I applied two coats for opacity and two coats of Seche Vite for extra shine!
I would definetly purchase Ink again!
Click for pic.

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2008 5:02:00 PM More reviews by scivolare

Great color! I was expecting something much darker, but was pleasantly surprised to get an (albeit dark) purple with a fabulous glitter. The glitter actually had a beautiful ombre effect that would reflect pink, purple, and blue. The quality of the polish was fairly good and lasted several days without chipping. This is a perfect fall and winter color, and the glitter definitely makes it fun and different.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2008 6:55:00 PM More reviews by rachellechar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

super diff to apply! however i love the color and the glitter. i normally avoid glitter nail polish but this one is good! and my sis loves it too!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2008 9:18:00 PM More reviews by xxkandiekcxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I found this at Regis Hair Salon for $3.14 on clearance, I could not pass it up its such a beautiful color if you are a person who loves purple nail polish like I do this is a MUST HAVE!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2008 1:03:00 PM More reviews by mskatee

Much to my disappointment, this color showed up on me as a purple and not as a navy blue. I am a huge blue fan but not a big purple girl so I would not buy again or even use this color again. I do like the consistency of the glitter in this polish. The glitter is really fabulous. I also like the polish formula. I required 3 coats to get even coverage. I strongly dislike the new OPI Pro-Wide brush, it is more like a mop that gets WAY to much polish on the brush for me and my polishing style. This one will end up on my swap list mainly due to the purpleness of the color.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2008 3:04:00 PM More reviews by sarahkkelleher

Paid alot of money for this polish as I live in ireland so its hard to get..Love the new prowide brush makes polishing so much easier..great color..blueish purple looks great on my short nails and is different from my usual brights :) bought lincoln park after dark too but think i will be swapping it now I found this color!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2008 4:08:00 AM More reviews by floofinator

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I had no problems with my bottle of OPI Ink. Application was smooth and the polish dried in the regular OPI polish time. The colour is a dark blue that looks purple in natural lighting. There is some very noticeable shimmer in the bottle but it doesn't show up quite as well on the nails. The shimmer is purple/fuchsia colored and is very pretty. I don't think this color looks cheap at all...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2008 11:48:00 AM More reviews by tshinn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this shade. It is a deep blue with navy and purple undertones. The shimmer, slightly glittery accents have a purple and pink, almost fuchsia color. The overall effect gives the polish a purple tone to my nails. The glitter is subtle but I wish it was a bit more evident once applied. The first coat went on very streaky and faint and yet the second coat was great.
This polish reminds me of OPI's Russian Navy a lot. Although Russian Navy has more blue tones and contains less shimmer, Ink tends to be more on the navy side rather than purple. But when comparing the two, Ink is the better shade. I think Ink would be more of a "knock-out polish" if it had more purple tones and the fuchsia glitter was a bit more prominent. Overall, Ink is great but I feel like something is lacking.

EDIT 7-30-08: I am taking off one lippie for this polish. Even though I really like it, it really chips fast. I normally think OPI polishes are the best out there but this chipping that occurs about 1 day after application is bad. I do not see myself buying this again. What a letdown.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2008 3:41:00 PM More reviews by starbucks1617

If you cracked open a Bic ink pen, this is what I think of with OPI ink. In the bottle it looks more purple with glitter but when applied it turns into a deep blue with purple glitter. Two coats and it was opaque, but 3 coats really helped bring out the deep blue color.

My only problem was that this chipped on me in less than 24 hours, but that wont stop me from using this color.