OPI OPI Ink

4.3

on 12/22/2008 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

LOVE! Similar to Russian Navy, INK is a dark "blurple" that's more blue in the bottle, and more purple on the nail with chunky red/pink glitter. Certainly not for the timid/nail shy/faint-of-heart, INK is a must-have for OPI fans, and especially for dark, vampy (especially blue) fans --

on 12/15/2008 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this is one of my favorite dark blue polishes.. its such a goreous and rich blue with hints of purple glitter throughout..

to me, it looks quite different in the bottle than it does on the nails.. in the bottle it looks more purple, but on your nails it almost looks like blue satin (if it were to have purple shimmer in it).. a lovely vampy color, must-have for any dark polish lovers... i would definitely repurchase.. the only reason why i gave it 4 lippies out of 5 is just for OPI polishes in general.. they chip quite quickly

EDIT: i changed it from 4 lippies to 5 when i realized that after i had it on for a week that i only had minimal tipwear and 1 or 2 chips.. thats awesome in my book!

on 11/14/2008 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

In the bottle this polish definitely looks more deep purple w/shimmer and blue undertones. On my fingers it is definitely more deep blue w/purple undertones and shimmer. I really like this on my nails more than in the bottle as it is a truer representation of "ink" than the way it looks in the bottle. Long story short, this is a good quality polish with a nice texture and consistency. The 1st coat was streaky but the 2nd coat gave great coverage. This comes in the standard OPI polish bottle & this 1 has the ProWide brush which worked for me. (As I have mentioned the consistency of these brushes seems to vary from polish to polish & bottle to bottle.) At this point I think this polish might be a tad difficult to find but I would defnitely repurchase should I run out.

on 11/2/2008 5:59:00 PM

I really love this color. I love the fact that sometimes itís blue (in bright indoor light or sunlight) and sometimes the purple glitter really takes over (in regular indoor light), but it never looks black, which is so often the problem with dark colors. It makes me happy every time I glance down at my nails. I didnít notice that it chipped any faster than my other opiís, but I do religiously reapply my duri treatment every other day; I think that extends the wear of almost any polish way past a week.

on 10/14/2008 10:04:00 PM

Ink is part of OPI's Night Brights Collection released in spring 2007.
I grabbed this one when it first came out and loved it back then. I re-applied it tonight, a year a half later, and I see how much I had forgotten how beautiful this np is.
The color is a blue infused with purple shimmer. It's a vampy np and in some lights the glitter sparkles. Is it blue? Is it purple? It really depends on the lighting and the angle. Since then, OPI has released many "blurples" such as Russian Navy but IMO, none come close to this one. It's just such an interesting shade, that the other colors lack. This one sparkles the most IMO.
The application was amazing. After a year and a half, the consistency hasn't changed: it's not too thin, not too thick. I applied two coats for opacity and two coats of Seche Vite for extra shine!
I would definetly purchase Ink again!
Click for pic.

continued >>

on 10/13/2008 5:02:00 PM

Great color! I was expecting something much darker, but was pleasantly surprised to get an (albeit dark) purple with a fabulous glitter. The glitter actually had a beautiful ombre effect that would reflect pink, purple, and blue. The quality of the polish was fairly good and lasted several days without chipping. This is a perfect fall and winter color, and the glitter definitely makes it fun and different.

on 10/7/2008 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

super diff to apply! however i love the color and the glitter. i normally avoid glitter nail polish but this one is good! and my sis loves it too!

on 10/5/2008 9:18:00 PM

I found this at Regis Hair Salon for $3.14 on clearance, I could not pass it up its such a beautiful color if you are a person who loves purple nail polish like I do this is a MUST HAVE!

on 9/22/2008 1:03:00 PM

Much to my disappointment, this color showed up on me as a purple and not as a navy blue. I am a huge blue fan but not a big purple girl so I would not buy again or even use this color again. I do like the consistency of the glitter in this polish. The glitter is really fabulous. I also like the polish formula. I required 3 coats to get even coverage. I strongly dislike the new OPI Pro-Wide brush, it is more like a mop that gets WAY to much polish on the brush for me and my polishing style. This one will end up on my swap list mainly due to the purpleness of the color.

Paid alot of money for this polish as I live in ireland so its hard to get..Love the new prowide brush makes polishing so much easier..great color..blueish purple looks great on my short nails and is different from my usual brights :) bought lincoln park after dark too but think i will be swapping it now I found this color!!

Popular Polishes