September 16, 2014 | 1961 users online

Powder - Milani - Minerals Compact Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2008 3:39:00 PM More reviews by nell_daisy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was expecting to like this based on all of the great reviews, but I have to say this looked awful after about two hours. I had to put on three layers to get good coverage. After two hours it looked VERY splotchy and darker than when I had first put it on. I washed it off as soon as I got home. On the bright side, it felt very smooth and didn't irritate my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2008 7:34:00 PM More reviews by kristin39

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. My acne prone skin has calmed down to almost no breakouts (once I began this + Maybelline Pur concealer with salicylic acid). The compact format allows for rapid (and non messy) application. I use natural beige and it seems to work with both my winter and summer skin tones. Coverage is medium, yet natural...hides what I want, yet doesn't look like a mask. The price is great, CVS carries this and often has great deals on all Milani products.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2008 4:44:00 PM More reviews by LBVero

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Terrific smooth powder to carry in my purse and use for touch ups on an as needed basis. Inexpensive and such a nice finish. I use it over my foundation, not as a foundation. I live in Florida, very humid so this is great. Much nicer finish than any of the loose mineral powders Ive used.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2008 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Henna123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Simply 1 word to describe this makeup.....AMAZING!!!! I bought the honey beige and the color matches perfectly! I am very oily, but this seemed to control the oils for about 4 hours!!!! I have tried EVERYTHING and nothing seems to control the oil on my face or match perfectly! I am so excited about this product! I'm gonna go and buy some more just in case its discontinued! The coverage is freaking awesome! I would describe it as medium coverage. My blush and bronzer went on sooooo smooth!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2008 11:35:00 AM More reviews by littleskylark

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This powder makeup is very good. I put it on and my skin looks very nice and smooth. I don't like shimmery foundation so this is great. It is nice and matte but not cakey. It is very natural looking.

I don't like the thin, cheap "puff" or the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2008 11:10:00 PM More reviews by SWAVdarling

My HG foundation. I apply with a Kabuki brush and I get awesome coverage that perfectly matches my skintone. I've already repurchased countless times and I keep coming back to this because it doesn't break me out or cause problems. I sometimes use the Monistat Chafing Relief Gel as a primer and this works wonderfully with it.

The packaging is a little cheesy but aside from that it's truly another great Milani buy!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2008 8:14:00 PM More reviews by ivysmom1

I tried this product after seeing all the reviews in my search for a good foundation. I really didnt care for this product. However with my fair skin it did match quite well and gave good coverage. My skin is just too dry for it to look good on me. It felt so dry on my face even with moisturizer. I can see if you have more oily skin this would be a great make up. I also bought the brush-on foundation and liked that much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2008 1:11:00 PM More reviews by kathrynwi

I bought this yesterday after reading the reviews here. I wore it to work today and I really like it so far. It does a pretty good job at controlling shine and it is really fast to apply. I had been using Everyday minerals but I felt like that took forever to apply and it was sooo messy. This is so much easier and faster to put on. I used a sponge applicator though, not the one included in the packaging. My number one positive about this is that is it NOT loose powder and does not create a giant mess. It also did not make my face look like it had a mask on, which i thought the everyday minerals did.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 12:05:00 PM More reviews by butterflyaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this a couple of months ago and forgot I had it. I'm so glad I found it because it is perfect! Honey Beige is a great match for my medium skintone. I use a big kabuki brush to apply it. My skin looks so flawless and even! It's also quick to put on. My blush and eyeshadow seem to go on smoother and blend a lot easier. I have had to blot my face, but I've never had a foundation where I didn't get shiny and I've tried so many foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2008 7:15:00 PM More reviews by nancyjeanwelch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great foundtion for my oily, far less than perfect skin. It blends very nicely and in natural light I see no signs of it. I use a brush to apply. For areas that need more coverage I use my cover girl aqua smooth cream and apply with my fingertips. I then sweep my Milani over top and it looks fantastic. I also carry it with me during the day and use around noon to remove the shine. I have extremely oily skin so a touch up at noon is much better than normal for me. I didn't love the compact at first. You cannot have the makeup side and the mirror side open at the same time. However, the plus to this is that the mirror does not get coated with powder and you can actually see yourself in it. The lightest shade at Walgreens was Nude Buff and it is a good match for my light to med-light skin.