December 21, 2014 | 947 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by ggmarsfan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product really is quite amazing. It is a really gentle scrub (barely there when compared to other more abrasive ones) that not only helps keep my skin smooth, but has helped me incredibily with hyperpigmentation and acne spots that have been left behind from past breakouts. I highly recomend this to anyone. I use it every morning, and I can notice how well my moisturizer sinks in after. As long as it keeps being this amazing to my skin, I will repurchase over and over!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by tlanpn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to like this product, but I believe that they must have changed the formula. Because of the expense, I usually bought the 32 ounce size, however with my last bottle, before I was even halfway through, it appeared to separate. That meant that what pumped out was just liquid with no scruby particles. No matter what I tried, I could not reintegrate the layers and landing out throwing the rest of the bottle away.
I believe that Philosophy is cutting corners to increase their production rate. Unfortunately while I am always tempted by their advertising, I am ultimately disappointed in their products.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I really was pleasantly surprised with this product. I dont know what prompted me to try it. I love the smell and the texture. I have been trying to find a scrub similar to DDF Pumice Scrub because i like how fine the brads are. This product actually feels better. It is not over drying and i only use it every other day. It is gentle enough to use daily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by insanity89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WOW is all I can say. I've only used this once and already my skin feels so much better and softer. glad i gave it a chance. will update if anything changes but i think this is my new morning cleanser.i'd give this 10 stars if i could. unless this stuff breaks me out. I will continue to buy and use.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by coollipzz

Disappointed!!! My skin is oily. This cleanser make my skin dry and tight after using. It does not exfoliate well as some other cheaper exfoliating cleansers.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by jennykim77

Me: Korean, light/medium skin tone, mid-thirties, oily t-zone, HUGE issue with chin and jawline acne (triggered by hormonal changes when I hit mid-thirties), crazy hyperpigmentation scars lasting 3-4 months, dry/rough skin, feeling horrible about my skin for about two years and basically not being able to look anyone in the eye bc I was ashamed of my face.

The Situation: For about a decade Proactiv worked for me...then hormone changes hit....nothing worked. Nothing....Murad, Carly's, natural remedies, drugstore brands, changing to no sugar/gluten/dairy diet...NOTHING. Acne.org BP did help about 70%, but I developed a sensitivity to BP and had patches of eczema all over my face. Now TWO weeks after using Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash in conjunction with a lesser about of Acne.org BP, and SPF 30 Olay Sensitive face lotion(all twice a day, morning and evening), I have two blemishes (that are going away) versus about 15- 20 on any given day before using this face wash.

Most people do not need daily exfoliation, however, I have found that I definitely do. But it has to be the PERFECT kind of exfoliation...not too weak, but not to rough either. This face wash is PERFECT! One clue to my need for exfoliating is the fact that I have always had keratosis pilaris on the back of my arms and on my thighs...those little bumps on the skin when hair follicles are blocked with excess skin proteins trapping the hair, etc. I figured this situation translated into my need for consistent and proper exfoliation.

In using Microdelivery Exfoliating Face Wash, there was no purging period and I could feel the difference in the texture of my skin within the first two days. My skin when from dry, creased, and rough to what I remember it being WAY back when...smooth and hydrated. My existing acne and eczema started to heal and I noticed a dramatic decrease in new acne probably within the first week of use. Today, it has been about 2.5 weeks and I have had only about 4 new blemishes since I started (which is so minimal compared to my usual). My foundation go on a lot smoother and looks a lot better on my face. I feel like the only thing left to deal with is the hyperpigmentation left behind, which will go away on its own in a several months.

My family and friends have commented on my skin in a positive way....which is all new to me.

I feel so strongly about this product that I felt compelled to make this my first review on MA in case it might benefit someone else out there too. I will continue to drop all kinds of cash to keep this product stocked and not think twice about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by crossett

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

You must try this. I've tried several 'scrubs'. This is the best one so far, the scrubbing particles are finer and leave my skin SO SOFT. The scent on this one could use some improvement, something a little more refreshing would be FAN TASTIC... but overall this is still the best scrub I've ever tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by sunnyweather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I enjoy this micro-scrub/wash as a daily gentle cleanser. No major exfoliation, but is a step-up from particle free cleanser. I like it wake up my skin in the morning or as a nice pre-treatment skin cleanser.

Definitely not meant to use in the immediate eye area as the micro-granules irritate and scratch your eyes (I've accidentally gotten them in my eyes). I always use an eye makeup remover or Purity around my eyes prior to using this product.

I hate the way the bottle clogs, so would enjoy a dispenser re-design by Philosophy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 4:45:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this to use as a gentle morning cleanser. I wrote "gentle" because my skin needs good exfoliation daily and I usually do this in the evening using MD Formulations Face and Body scrub, which is wonderful, but too harsh to be used more than once a day. So I decided to give Philosophy a try and purchased Microdelivery peel. I have been using the product for 3 weeks now and I can tell that I love the result it delivers.Gentle and effective cleansing, effectively eliminates all impurities and leftover night cream from my face. My skin looks radiant and feels awake.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been a huge philosophy fan for years. I do believe they make great skincare. It's not without faults though. I think all their skincare items smell weird (I get a hint of wet dog) but they work so I overlook it. I ordered a kit from qvc that had the giant size Purity Made Simple face wash, Hope in a Jar moisturizer, and the Microdelivery exfoliating wash. I use the exfoliating wash in the morning. I love that it's very gentle on my skin even though it has a gritty texture. The more you rub it in, the more it suds up. I rub it into my face for about 30 seconds and then I make sure to rinse a few times to get everything off. Then I follow it up with the hope in a jar. My skin feels soft and all the rough patches are gone. I have dry/sensitive skin and this works well for me. The philosophy line is expensive but to me, the price is worth it since you don't need to use very much to get results. I got my whole kit from qvc.com for $135 and the large sizes will last at least a year.