Philosophy the microdelivery exfoliating wash

4.1

Water (Aqua), Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids, Diatomaceous Earth, Acrylates/Steareth 20 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Tocotrienols, Panthenol, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I just recently started using this product, and I was quite skeptical...however, after trying this for two weeks, my skin is clearer, and definitely brighter! my skin is oily and acne prone but this product has improved my skin, and I will definitely look into trying more of Philosophy's products!

on 5/22/2012 7:24:00 AM

I have been using this product for over 2 weeks now, and I think it's time I faced it.. this stuff is not great.
I bought this together with the microdelivery peel (which I think is great but not worth the hype, it leaves my skin babysoft,but that's about it. yet, that's another review) and I planned on using this every morning, and so I did. The first week was great, my skin felt fresh, clean and soft, however, after using it a week, I started to notice little tiny bumps across my right cheek, my jawline, the space between my brows and the space between my lips and my nose, some pretty weird places to break out.. yet it's more of an allergic reaction I guess, because it are not so much pimples as they are little tiny tiny bumps on the skin, not very noticeable (apart from certain lighting) but not very pretty either.
This is the only new product I have been using, so I'm guessing this is what's causing the bumps. So, for now, I'm discontinuing it in order to see whether the bumps clear up. Maybe I'll start using it again in a month or two so that I can see if it really was this that is causing the rash, but I'm afraid it is..
I will update if the bumps clear up

on 5/19/2012 2:21:00 PM

Great as an every day gentle exfoliator. I use this on its own and with my clairsonic on days that I dont need as much exfoliation as apricot scrub gives. Pricey, but would be good for more sensitive skin that can't handle harsh abrasive scrubs.

on 5/7/2012 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This works perfectly adequate as an everyday facial cleanser for me but that's about it. It's very gentle and it provides a deeper clean than Purity but it stinks. I think I prefer Purity better just because this stuff smells awful and does not make my cleansing ritual a pleasant experience. If you're looking for a good exfoliator, I think there are much better ones out there. I didn't see a noticeable difference in my skin after using this product compared to other exfoliators like St. Ives Apricot Scrub or ExfoliKate, probably because it's too gentle.

on 4/24/2012 1:07:00 PM

I used to use this about once a week and it really did leave me with incredibly smooth, caressable skin afterward. I don't think it does anything to impurities under the skin, it just resurfaces and gets rid of dead skin cells. But incredibly well. I didn't find it harsh. I was happy to see this gets an 8/10 for health from goodguide.com. That's compared to 3/10 for their Microdelivery Peel, which was the product I was originally interested in as I'd heard so many good things about it. Now I use a glycolic acid product for exfoliation purposes, and I find that helps prevent clogs as well. So I wouldn't repurchase. Also, this made my husband's face red so if you have sensitive skin I wouldn't recommend it. I'm all about chemical exfoliation now!

on 4/17/2012 10:15:00 AM

This is a pretty good every day exfoliating wash. If you're looking for a microdermbrasion type of exfoliater this is not it. I've used their microdermbrasion and now I just started using kate sommerville and they are much better for exfoliating hardcore, this is good for those inbetween times.

on 4/16/2012 11:03:00 AM

I'm a die-hard Philosophy girl, always using purity made simple and hope in a jar--recently switched to hope in a jar for dry-sensitive skin, as my skin has gotten drier with my thyroid medication--and LOVE this product too--have way sensitive skin and this is WONDERFUL--sometimes I have to shake up the bottle as some of the stuff settles/separates--but use this three times a week and LOVE LOVE LOVE it :) I get the super size on QVC with super size purity--GREAT VALUE check it out :)

on 3/25/2012 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This product really is quite amazing. It is a really gentle scrub (barely there when compared to other more abrasive ones) that not only helps keep my skin smooth, but has helped me incredibily with hyperpigmentation and acne spots that have been left behind from past breakouts. I highly recomend this to anyone. I use it every morning, and I can notice how well my moisturizer sinks in after. As long as it keeps being this amazing to my skin, I will repurchase over and over!

on 3/17/2012 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I used to like this product, but I believe that they must have changed the formula. Because of the expense, I usually bought the 32 ounce size, however with my last bottle, before I was even halfway through, it appeared to separate. That meant that what pumped out was just liquid with no scruby particles. No matter what I tried, I could not reintegrate the layers and landing out throwing the rest of the bottle away.
I believe that Philosophy is cutting corners to increase their production rate. Unfortunately while I am always tempted by their advertising, I am ultimately disappointed in their products.

on 3/16/2012 1:22:00 AM

I really was pleasantly surprised with this product. I dont know what prompted me to try it. I love the smell and the texture. I have been trying to find a scrub similar to DDF Pumice Scrub because i like how fine the brads are. This product actually feels better. It is not over drying and i only use it every other day. It is gentle enough to use daily.