September 2, 2014 | 1923 users online

Pressed Powders - BeneFit Cosmetics - Get Even

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2008 2:55:00 PM More reviews by idaviruma

I really like this product, but the sponge just doesent last, I need at least 3 sponges to last through the powder, anyone know where I can find replacement that are the same type? benefit and sephora dont have them.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2008 8:27:00 PM More reviews by ChristianneQ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this product. I have oily sensitive skin and have not had much luck with Benefit in the past, but wanted to try it.

First, I have been using itt for 5 days and for the $28 I paid for it, I will try other ways to use it. It comes with a sponge, not a powder puff, but a sponge. The stuff sticks into my skin and I actually have to wipe it off like spackle. That I do not like at all.

Second, I developed a pimple on my chin which I usually do not break out there, so I am wondering if this is from the product.

I should stick with my Shiseido pressed powder, which in my opinion is still the best, does not stick, look tacky and looks natural.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2008 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree with the reviewer below me. The first time I purchased Benefit Get Even I was ecstatic - the matte finish kept me from looking dried out and made my skin tone even.

It may just be that my skin has changed since I did jump on the minerals bandwagon for a while there and carried my Bare Minerals in a travel compact by Bare Escentuals as my pressed powder.

I would only recommend this product to someone with very oily skin! The matte texture that worked wonders on me before seems to suck the life out of my skin now. It is a little pricey and the compact is boring but it does cover very well!

I took a lippie off for the drying texture and another off because by comparison I like Get Even a lot less than other BeneFit products which are wonderful!

UPDATE: I purchased the Sonia Kashuk Flat Synthetic Blusher brush and used it to apply Get Even over my Non-Fiction foundation and recieved a fuller coverage that stayed matte and perfect! I think I will re-purchase Get Even now that I have found a good brush to apply it with. As a matter of fact since it is not sold with a brush already I would recommend the Sonia Kashuk. I picked mine up at Target for $15 (see my review).

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2008 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Margie23a

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I USE to love this powder and bought it routinely about 5 years ago. It never caked, looked natural and came in a cute little fabric pouch and also had a large round sponge for application. Me being me, I quit using it when I last ran out and decided to try new foundation and powder completely (I love to try new products.) Anyway, we now have a Sephora in town and I decided to fork over the $27 to get my once beloved Get Even powder. What happened? No more cute little fabric pouch, now a powder puff for application (which applies WAY too much powder) and the formula doesn't even seem the same! It is really chalky now! I have tried it with large fluffly brush, with and without foundation, with a sponge applicator and it is still not the same as it used to be. I am so dissapointed. I know everyone's skin changes with time, but I honestly don't think that's what the issue is. I will not be buying this again and am really dissapointed in this purchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2008 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Bobbie5772

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using Benefit's Get Even blot powder for years. I have very oily combination skin with alot of redness. The 01 shade is yellow enough to help that and it gives extremely good coverage for a powder. I love this stuff, but it tends to look cakey and thick towards the end of the day despite using blot papers. I'm off to try Philosophy's The Supernatural powder foundation this weekend based on the reviews here.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2008 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

i'm so in love with this powder......great coverage.....great oil controlling power and fragrance and oil free........it gives me an air brush look throughout the day.......i mean come on for people with oily skin your foundation just won't last no matter what you do......you will need something with certain amount of coverage throughout the day for touch up to keep your makeup looking fresh...........i never really understand the point of using a translucent powder unless you have great skin which means you don't even need makeup to begin wiith...........the only drawback for this is that it doesn't have sun protection........if it has then i will be so so happier......but that's allrite......UPdate: i just realize how little product i got for 37 CND.........ususally any powder would last me for at least 9 months...........and for this one after two months i can already dig into the bottle of the pan..........i was supprised so i try to look at the amount and i found out that it's almost half of other powder that i bought around the same price range...............also......this powder really dry my skin out by the end of the day......makes my skin looks like chalk face.......and it settles in my pores.....i think i need to go find something else

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2008 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Bridgetr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use #2 and I love it. Tones down the redness, controls oil, minimizes pores. I apply it with a brush (Smashbox #19) and am careful not to apply too much as it can look heavy. Also, I make sure my skin isn't too dry from Tazorac, because powders are not your friend when your skin is in this condition. Use a light humectant (like diluted glycerin)and a light hand and your skin will look fab!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2007 9:31:00 PM More reviews by brunettecouture

I got this for a Christmas present in Medium. I think this MAY be too light for me, im not sure, time will tell. However when worn over nothing I did notice that it was pretty good at at least toning down the redness. Its important to get your match, though difficult with only 3 shades.
I also think the packaging could have been abit more interesting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 10:33:00 PM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow. i love this. Total HG. My skin is NC20/25ish and I wanted something to help even out my skintone, minimize pores, and just give me a polished, fresh, matte look without drying my skin out. Also, my problem is that i can never find a powder (or foundation) that is yellow enough. But this does the trick. It evens out my skin beautifully, has great coverage, and blends well with my kabuki brush.

Colorwise, the #2 shade is perfect for me. PERFECT! It's the perfect amount of yellow, great for light olive complexions. I think #2 compares to Stila's 40 watts, perhaps a dab lighter. But unlike Stila's illuminating powder foundation, this powder really gives you a fresh matte finish, with no shimmer at all. I love that!

For reference: I like this sooo much better than MUFE's duo-mat powder foundation (which didn't cover a thing! and was so chalky!) I also like this better than Mac's studiofix (which irritated my skin terribly). I also like this better than BE minerals (which made my skin itch! and was too "metallic-looking"). It's also way better than L'oreal's Bare Naturale (which was nice, but colors were never yellow enough) It's also better than Jane Iredale's powders because this lasts sooo much longer. It really lasts all day on me. I love that is so pigmented.

I actually think the compact is super cute. I don't carry it around with me though, i leave it at home. I just apply in the morning, and blot once in the afternoon with 1 oil-blot sheet. But if i'm going out at night, i'll sweep my kabuki brush lightly over the powder for a quick touch-up.

I wear a special concealer for my undereye circles-- (i adore Time Balm by TheBalm!) and sometimes i'll wear a light TM underneath this Get Even powder (usually Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Enhancer in #30), but that's only when i want to be super polished. Otherwise it looks great on bare skin.

I will definitely buy this again. It is so worth it.

UPDATE: still like this, but it might just be for special occassions and not everyday, since i think my skin is too sensitive for everyday use. but i kept 5 stars b/c i still think it's nice and does what it says.

UPDATE #2: Well, i just tried it again and i absolutely LOVE it!!! It does not irritate my skin like i had previously thought--- i have since changed my skincare routine and learned that my skin really handles make-up better if i use Gylcolic Acid toner every night (thank you, Dr. Denese!). So no more problems. Now i can go back to enjoying this lovely powder.

my favorite thing about this powder is the natural yellow color. it's not that phoney yellow that Bluff Dust has, but it's yellow enough to really brighten your skin, especially if u have olive undertones like me. Thank goodness for Get Even #2! :) definitely HG for me

UPDATE: i stopped using this b/c i noticed that over time this has dried out my skin. but i'm not taking any lippies off, because my skin is normal (not dry or oily) and so perhaps this product would be better for more oily skinn'd gals.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2007 12:03:00 PM More reviews by 666lips

I have just repurchased this.

I love it even more now I have used a powder brush with it. It goes on very natural but with the help of 'you're bluffing' covers up my red cheeks very well. I also find it gets rid of my t zone oiliness too.