July 25, 2014 | 1777 users online

Eyeliner - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in Mat Black 0L

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Gimmick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Overall this is not worth the price.
It doesn't smudge, but as others have said it does fade with normal wear and I'm left with raccoon eyes after three hours. It does not last on my waterline, and it's a butt to sharpen.

Unfortunately, I can't recommend it for anything.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by dawnsch

I usually check the board for reviews before purchasing a new product, but I bought the MUFE pencil in black on a whim. Bad idea. The color is very pigmented and lovely when first applied, and doesn't irritate my waterline. However, by mid-day, the color has lost its power, and my waterline has faded to grey as well. It especially fades at the corner of my eye where I slightly wing it out. It doesn't smudge when applied, but doesn't last the day either. As another reviewer mentioned, I don't know how this can be waterproof if it fades during normal wear. I'm also bummed that it doesn't work with my regular sharpener. I think I'll use it till it needs to be sharpened, then get my $17 back from Sephora. Not worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by breakfastsong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Hearing it was waterproof I got excited. I've been on a search for a non-smudging black eyeliner.

This applied nicely. It wasn't too soft or too dry. It didn't tug on my lids and it was a nice pigmented black.

However by mid-day it fades. When I waterline, it ends up smudging after a couple hours too and leaving my undereye area grey. It's not the worst smudging I've experienced but for a HE brand I was hoping this wouldn't be the case.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2011 4:32:00 AM More reviews by lastoneout

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try this product after reading positive reviews on the internet, and seeing it being raved about on YouTube. Unfortunately, I was totally disappointed when it melted into a horrible smudged up mess within the first hour I had it on. What a let down.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 5:23:00 AM More reviews by buhsayd

As far as waterlining, this pencil wins hands down. I usually don't like pencil liners because sharpening can be frustrating. But waterlining with gel liner was taking too long in the morning.

I had heard great things about Aqua Eyes and the 24/7 liner but swatching them both at Sephora, I could easily tell 24/7 wasn't at all a contender in staying power. 24/7 is VERY creamy, great for application that doesn't skip or tug the skin but light rubbing took half the color off, whereas intense rubbing of Aquaeyes only irritated my skin but did not noticeably smudge or lighten the line of black. The 0L compared to Zero(black) in 24/7 was almost twice as intense. Zero looked kind of gray next to it. I prefer intense and lasting power. Lining the lids with Aqua eyes is indeed skippy and tuggy but I only use it to waterline, and for that it is smooth enough.

After wearing it all day today, I'm very pleased there was very very little smudging, comparable to my liquid liner. If sharpening doesn't turn out too horrible, I will definitely buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by mascaraparade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not worth it. This product gave me raccoon eyes in a matter of one hour. I usually stick to a drugstore brand, but I ditched it to see if this would be any better. I wasted 17dollars. It's no better than drugstore brands. I quickly went back to my maybelline liquid eyeliner. It's better, more affordable and doesn't give me raccoon eye. I'd say don't buy it. Or at least try it first..because makeup can vary from person to person.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2011 10:14:00 AM More reviews by christina75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First of all, Make Up Forever made a pencil that you can only sharpen with their sharpener. It is too big for a normal-sized sharpener, FYI. So, when you need to sharpen your eyeliner and try to put it in your sharpener, it doesn't fit (at which point you have to purchase their sharpener). They really didn't win any goodwill from me for this.

The pencil does have staying power; once it dries, the line doesn't budge. But, it's really hard to sharpen it (yes, I did break down and bought the silly MUF sharpener) to the sharp tip that is needed to get a good line. I've never gotten the perfect tip on it since it was brand new, so the lines always end up messy looking. It's now in the bottom of my makeup drawer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Green_Tea

I use this only for my waterline. It will NOT smudge if I properly primed my lids and put a light wash of eyeshadow on. Stays the whole day...but without priming the lid first it smudges a bit on me after awhile.

Edit: It's a nightmare to sharpen though =(

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by retrotrash82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This liner was kind of "meh" for me. I don't frequently use pencil liners-- I'm more of a liquid liner girl-- but this came in the Rock Forever set from Sephora so I thought I would give it a whirl.

The price of the pencil itself is up there... somewhere around $18 to $20. A little pricey for the pencil alone, but like I said, this came in a set so it wasn't bad. For that much money, I thought the packaging would be a little nicer, but no dice. Frankly, the packaging sucked. For some reason, the cap would not come off, even when my brother tried pulling it off. In the end, I had to get my dad to open it, which unfortunately ended with the tip of the liner being broken off. Points off on that one.

As far as the actual liner, it's all right. It does wear for longer on my waterline than other pencils, and it has a good color pay-off. I don't have to keep lining, which is nice when you're working on your waterline and your eyeball hates that you're pulling your lids open. However, when I actually tried wearing this on my lids, it was about the same as any drug-store liner I've used. In other words, it dragged and skipped, no matter how sharp the point was, or what technique I tried to use. Not really satisfied with that aspect.

All in all, I don't think this product really lives up to the hype. For what you'll pay for a single liner, it's mediocre. Not terrible, but not worth the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by mischa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ouch! This pencil is so hard that it drags and actually feels like it's scratching my eyelid! It barely deposits any color either! I've had better luck with super cheap drugstore brands!