Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes - Matte Black 0L

3.5

on 5/24/2011 12:50:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Bought this for just my waterline, and yet it won't even apply to my waterline. So I spent $22 on an eyeliner pencil for nothing. Going to return this to Sephora since I don't use pencil eyeliners on anything other than waterline. Definitely a waste of time.

on 5/24/2011 7:19:00 AM

The clerk at Sephora sold me on this eyeliner as I was looking for the Lancome Kohl in a waterproof version. (I have that but apparently it was a one-time deal and isn't available routinely.) I'd never heard of Makeup Forever but she said it was great.

This black liner is okay. It is very black and does accentuate my eyes nicely. However, it doesn't smudge to soften a bit (salesgirl said it would) and it really isn't waterproof. I notice it wears off a bit during the day and at night it comes off readily with a wet, warm facecloth, no cleanser at all!

This pencil is quite soft so is a problem to sharpen without smooshing.

I will be going back to a regular Kohl pencil.

on 4/29/2011 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm a huge fan of UD 24/7 eyeliners, and I own more of them that I will admit. I never thought I'd stray from them. On a whim I picked this up at Sephora, and I'm afraid MUFE Aqua Eyes has replaced UD 24/7 as my favorite eyeliner. The formula is so much better. This is not creamy and smooth to apply, and it feels kind of dry when applying, but this eyeliner will not budge. It even lasts through a 15-minute hot shower. I only own the Mat Black, and I can't justify buying more when I own tons of the UD 24/7 pencils, but I will slowly and surely build up a collection. These are fantastic.

on 4/8/2011 1:42:00 AM

I bought this in HK during my trip [as this brand was not available in Singapore retail malls then. till Sephora opened its doors] and realised it was much cheaper in HK.

The staying power of this eyeliner is not fantastic, hence I always apply loose powder before lining my eyes AND applying black eyeshadow after lining my eyes. Yes, it is very tedious to make sure that my finely lined eyes do not turn out to be gothic hours later.

Thus said, upon finishing this pencil, I wont be purchasing another one in Singapore.

on 4/6/2011 12:56:00 AM

The colour is black enough for tightlining as the eyes really stands out if you want define effect but this does not last in humid asia weather. It gave me racoon eyes after one or two hours of applying. Definitely not worth paying the price for it.

on 4/3/2011 11:10:00 PM

Not worth it. Texture seems nice. Applies easily enough. It took maybe an hour for the color to start to fade. Very Very Very Very disappointing. It didn't smudge, it just fades significantly.

Also if I apply this and then use an eyelash curler, I end up with whole spots removed from my eyelid of color. I've never had that happen before, except for this pencil. Do not waste your time. There are better high end and drugstore pencils out there... tons of them. It stays on my waterline though!

on 3/26/2011 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I really hate this eyeliner. I have repurchased it twice and in other colors, and they always dry up and shrink inside the pencil before I can use it up. It's not creamy enough, and it drags and has a rubbery feel when I apply it. Just bad. Expensive too.

I have 24/7 UD eyeliners from the same time I purchased this that are not dried up. They have a reinforced cap so that there won't be any little cracks which cause drying. Also plenty of DS eyeliners are far better.

on 3/20/2011 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Overall this is not worth the price.
It doesn't smudge, but as others have said it does fade with normal wear and I'm left with raccoon eyes after three hours. It does not last on my waterline, and it's a butt to sharpen.

Unfortunately, I can't recommend it for anything.

on 3/18/2011 8:06:00 PM

I usually check the board for reviews before purchasing a new product, but I bought the MUFE pencil in black on a whim. Bad idea. The color is very pigmented and lovely when first applied, and doesn't irritate my waterline. However, by mid-day, the color has lost its power, and my waterline has faded to grey as well. It especially fades at the corner of my eye where I slightly wing it out. It doesn't smudge when applied, but doesn't last the day either. As another reviewer mentioned, I don't know how this can be waterproof if it fades during normal wear. I'm also bummed that it doesn't work with my regular sharpener. I think I'll use it till it needs to be sharpened, then get my $17 back from Sephora. Not worth the money.

on 3/17/2011 10:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Hearing it was waterproof I got excited. I've been on a search for a non-smudging black eyeliner.

This applied nicely. It wasn't too soft or too dry. It didn't tug on my lids and it was a nice pigmented black.

However by mid-day it fades. When I waterline, it ends up smudging after a couple hours too and leaving my undereye area grey. It's not the worst smudging I've experienced but for a HE brand I was hoping this wouldn't be the case.