November 26, 2014 | 1344 users online

Eyeliner - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Eyes - Matte Black 0L

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2011 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Miffylabbit

The colour is black enough for tightlining as the eyes really stands out if you want define effect but this does not last in humid asia weather. It gave me racoon eyes after one or two hours of applying. Definitely not worth paying the price for it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by BeeGee35

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not worth it. Texture seems nice. Applies easily enough. It took maybe an hour for the color to start to fade. Very Very Very Very disappointing. It didn't smudge, it just fades significantly.

Also if I apply this and then use an eyelash curler, I end up with whole spots removed from my eyelid of color. I've never had that happen before, except for this pencil. Do not waste your time. There are better high end and drugstore pencils out there... tons of them. It stays on my waterline though!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Nanashimara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really hate this eyeliner. I have repurchased it twice and in other colors, and they always dry up and shrink inside the pencil before I can use it up. It's not creamy enough, and it drags and has a rubbery feel when I apply it. Just bad. Expensive too.

I have 24/7 UD eyeliners from the same time I purchased this that are not dried up. They have a reinforced cap so that there won't be any little cracks which cause drying. Also plenty of DS eyeliners are far better.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Gimmick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Overall this is not worth the price.
It doesn't smudge, but as others have said it does fade with normal wear and I'm left with raccoon eyes after three hours. It does not last on my waterline, and it's a butt to sharpen.

Unfortunately, I can't recommend it for anything.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by dawnsch

I usually check the board for reviews before purchasing a new product, but I bought the MUFE pencil in black on a whim. Bad idea. The color is very pigmented and lovely when first applied, and doesn't irritate my waterline. However, by mid-day, the color has lost its power, and my waterline has faded to grey as well. It especially fades at the corner of my eye where I slightly wing it out. It doesn't smudge when applied, but doesn't last the day either. As another reviewer mentioned, I don't know how this can be waterproof if it fades during normal wear. I'm also bummed that it doesn't work with my regular sharpener. I think I'll use it till it needs to be sharpened, then get my $17 back from Sephora. Not worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by breakfastsong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Hearing it was waterproof I got excited. I've been on a search for a non-smudging black eyeliner.

This applied nicely. It wasn't too soft or too dry. It didn't tug on my lids and it was a nice pigmented black.

However by mid-day it fades. When I waterline, it ends up smudging after a couple hours too and leaving my undereye area grey. It's not the worst smudging I've experienced but for a HE brand I was hoping this wouldn't be the case.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2011 4:32:00 AM More reviews by lastoneout

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try this product after reading positive reviews on the internet, and seeing it being raved about on YouTube. Unfortunately, I was totally disappointed when it melted into a horrible smudged up mess within the first hour I had it on. What a let down.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 5:23:00 AM More reviews by buhsayd

As far as waterlining, this pencil wins hands down. I usually don't like pencil liners because sharpening can be frustrating. But waterlining with gel liner was taking too long in the morning.

I had heard great things about Aqua Eyes and the 24/7 liner but swatching them both at Sephora, I could easily tell 24/7 wasn't at all a contender in staying power. 24/7 is VERY creamy, great for application that doesn't skip or tug the skin but light rubbing took half the color off, whereas intense rubbing of Aquaeyes only irritated my skin but did not noticeably smudge or lighten the line of black. The 0L compared to Zero(black) in 24/7 was almost twice as intense. Zero looked kind of gray next to it. I prefer intense and lasting power. Lining the lids with Aqua eyes is indeed skippy and tuggy but I only use it to waterline, and for that it is smooth enough.

After wearing it all day today, I'm very pleased there was very very little smudging, comparable to my liquid liner. If sharpening doesn't turn out too horrible, I will definitely buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by mascaraparade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not worth it. This product gave me raccoon eyes in a matter of one hour. I usually stick to a drugstore brand, but I ditched it to see if this would be any better. I wasted 17dollars. It's no better than drugstore brands. I quickly went back to my maybelline liquid eyeliner. It's better, more affordable and doesn't give me raccoon eye. I'd say don't buy it. Or at least try it first..because makeup can vary from person to person.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2011 10:14:00 AM More reviews by christina75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First of all, Make Up Forever made a pencil that you can only sharpen with their sharpener. It is too big for a normal-sized sharpener, FYI. So, when you need to sharpen your eyeliner and try to put it in your sharpener, it doesn't fit (at which point you have to purchase their sharpener). They really didn't win any goodwill from me for this.

The pencil does have staying power; once it dries, the line doesn't budge. But, it's really hard to sharpen it (yes, I did break down and bought the silly MUF sharpener) to the sharp tip that is needed to get a good line. I've never gotten the perfect tip on it since it was brand new, so the lines always end up messy looking. It's now in the bottom of my makeup drawer.