Nivea Daily Essentials Extra Gentle Eye Make-up Remover

2.6

It works for me. The pad you use to wipe off your eye makeup is important, using toilet paper or tissue will make everything sloppy and it won't work.

There's probably a lot out there that work 10x better than this, but they're probably more expensive. I use A LOT of eye makeup remover every day so this is cheap enough for me to not worry about using too much. I like how the opening is small so if I accidentally spill it everything won't come out at once.

I like it. Cheap, effective (for me), good packaging (but it isn't pretty *frown*), and oil-free!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

OMG my eye is so red it looks like it's all blood..

I only wanted to remove my make up not my sight.

It didn't remove the make up, just gave me server red eyes.

DON"T BUY THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This works just as well as plain water. It took forever to get my mascara off and my eyes felt raw and sore after that. I can't remember how I eventually used it up. Probably bit by bit to correct makeup mistakes. Not worth buying.

I haven't had the same trouble removing my eye makeup with this as others have (seems some may be using it to remove water resistant liners and mascaras, though). It is gentle and I get no irritation. My eye makeup usually consists of powder eyeshadow, MAC Blacktrack Fluidline, and a random mascara (I stick to non-waterproof/ non-water resistant types) so nothing crazy. The bottle is a little awkward - it's wide and flat, and the top has a flip cap but the opening is slanted. It's hard to see what's coming out when you pour b/c the flip cap is in the way.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

It is just like plain water. I have to soak and scrub several times to remove normal mascara and liners. It is gentle, but all the rubbing needed for it to work irritates my eyes and takes twice as long! It also leaves alot of makeup residue behind so my eyes look shadowed and tired. This doesn't remove waterproof makeup at all, nor color-stay eyeliners very well either.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My fav! My eyes are SUPER SENSITIVE and this doesn't hurt at all!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

it's gentle, removes eye make up ok. takes a few wipes, quite a bit of soaking, but i guess this is what you woudl expect from a non-oil based CHEAP remover. totally worth the money i say. but problem is by the time you do get the make up off, your eyes do feel a bit sore ... so 1 lippie off.

I love this product. before this I used a housebrand eye make-up remover that made my eyes burn and sting....
This eye makeup remover is very gentle, makes my skin feels good afterwards and doesnt need any hard rubbing for my mascara to come off easy.
I am very happy with this product and I am glad that a friend recommended this product to me.

I just looked at my review for this product and i have to change it, with 3 other mascara brands i bought this doesnt work very well at all and i do have to rub very very hard, maybe thats because its a GENTLE eye make up remover

not working with every mascara brand and there is kind of little in the packaging compared to other make-up remover brands

i'm reviewing the "extra gentle" and for water soluble make up and i'm surprised by the negative reviews. i dont know if my eye make up is too light or this eye make up remover really does a good job coz 2 swipes are enough to take off at least 95% off my eye make up. doesn't sting or cause any irritation to my eyes. i rarely wear a full make up and when i do i only use my facial cleanser and water to take my make up off and i find myself going over twice on my eyes to completely remove my eye make up as they don't easily come off. so i thought i'd try using an eye make up remover and i'm quite satisfied with this. but then again, i dont have much experience with make up removers and haven't use other brands to compare this with. but overall, i dont think its as bad as the reviews says. unless of course you wear 5 coats of water proof mascara and a thick layer of eyeshadow on a daily basis then i can totally understand that.

I picked this up in the supermarket because I was in 'desperate' need of an eye make-up remover and this product was literally all they had.
It's cheap at 8.65AUD, but then again.. spending 8.65 on a product that does nothing for me seems a much bigger waste of money than splurging on a product that I love.
It doesn't remove my mascara - I use YSL - Aquaresistant which I know a lot of people have difficulty removing - but this product doesn't even remove the various eyeliners I have been using. No matter how much I apply or how vigorously I apply it I still find myself waking up in the morning as though I had slept with all of my eye make up on.

It dries out my eyes, it is certainly no more gentle than any other eye make-up removers I've tried. It seems to have a light fragrance which I dislike intensely in eye products of any sort - especially ones that claim to be extra gentle!
I wouldn't repurchase this product.