October 2, 2014 | 1105 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Nivea - Gentle Eye Make-up Remover

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2006 7:00:00 AM More reviews by angmo

All I can say is... plain water cleans better than this!! Absolutely did nothing and total waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2006 1:32:00 PM More reviews by loveshack529

easy on the eyes, however, is crappy at removing mascara regardless if it's waterproof or not. would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2006 1:01:00 AM More reviews by ron_jane_mail

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Actually the packaging reads "Extra Gentle Eye Make Up Remover".
This is one of the best eye make up remover that I've used. It really cleans off everything
gently. I used 2 cotton pads, dab some of the remover on them, place them on my eyes
for a few seconds, and then just swipe.
For the price and easy availability at drugstores/supermarkets, its's a real good buy.
The only gripe I have is the bottle flip top takes a little while to get used to, the design is
not really nice. I always managed to spill a little off from the mouth.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2006 5:38:00 AM More reviews by ivyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This makeup remover does not remove waterproof mascara. After several wipes and I can still wake up with black residues under my eyes. I havenít try using it on non-waterproof mascara but it does a okay job on removing eye shadow.

The packaging is a bit different compares to other brand. It is a bit difficult to pore it on to the cotton pad.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2006 1:12:00 AM More reviews by CountessDementia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This did an okay job in terms of removing my eye makeup but I absolutely detest the packaging. It's got a weird flip top that makes me end up pouring out more liquid than I need to. It's gentle enough on my eyes though and doesn't dry them out or leave them feeling sticky and greasy, as has been my experience with previous eye makeup removers. But the crappy packaging is reason enough to make me not want to buy this product again. UPDATE 16/7/2006: This is completely useless at removing waterproof eye-makeup. I'm so tempted to chuck this out the window but will refrain as I wouldn't want any unfortunate passerby to suffer a crappy-product induced death.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2006 3:20:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I bought this product because i was looking for something that would remove waterproof or longlasting eye makeup. This CLAIMS to do that BUT.. does nothing in terms of removing my waterproof makeup!! My original cream cleanser does a better job than THIS. IT does an OK job at removing non WP stuff but the whole reason i bought this was for removing waterproof. I had a $2 off coupon for this so the price wasn't that bad. Obviously would not repurchase when i run out. Very disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2006 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Gochiara

well...I think I went through a hundred of bottle of this product as I have been using it since I started using make up and whereas for every other product that goes on my face I spend lot of money, I don't think that I will ever need to spend more than this! I have been using it for more 10 years (and I'm just 23!!!) and I will never give up this product!Absolute HG!

I clean my whole face with it and, maybe it doesn't remove all my make-up, but then I pass a swipe of tonic and that's it...cleaning routine over!
I haven't slept in my make up since I discovered this product! so quick, so effective!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2006 3:21:00 AM More reviews by glamrockgal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love using Nivea eyemakeup remover.It is the only form that refreshes my eyes and takes away my eye makeup at the end of the day.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2006 8:39:00 AM More reviews by bellabim

My sister recommended this as a good cheap eye makeup remover... well she can have it. My eyes are so sore from scrubbing at them, as well as being irritated by the product itself... and my mascara is still there, as well as under my eyes now. Definately not good in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2006 11:41:00 AM More reviews by emiliejolie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This eye makeup remover is average in my humble opinion. Not extremely bad, but not extraordinary either. I am pretty sure I could find a more "gentle" product than this one, which is way too fragranced.

It is not the most efficient eye makeup remover I've tried and it doesn't remove all my makeup, even if I use a lot of product. I usually need to clean each eye twice with this eye makeup remover and a cotton pad, and the day after, when I wake up, I still have some black residues all over my eye (even though my mascara/eyeliner are NON-waterproof).

I like the packaging though - less messy than a tube. But I won't purchase this again. continued >>