September 2, 2014 | 951 users online

Blush - TheBalm - Hot Mama

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by MitchieCatalano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Shimmery mess! It's an exact dupe of orgasm by NARS which I also have and HATE waaaay to shimmery and fake looking

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by breakfastattiffanys11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this from Marshall's along with a bronzer and Stanic and they are amazing. I have several blushes a cream one from Tarte, Nars Orgasm and a Bare Essentials one. I think my other blushes are jealous of this one. This one is so much better than orgasm, this is not too sparkly and it really shows up on your skin. This is really a buildable peachish pink. I use the bronzer from TheBalm and then I brush this on top of my cheekbones, and my cheekbones look defined plus I look like I have a great natural glow (which I do not.) Plus the packinging is so cute, I can always find it in my makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Prior to using this blush, my favorite blush was one by Benefit called "Take a picture.. it'll last longer." I could never find a dupe for it and was disappointed when it became discontinued. I bought this the other day and immediately fell in love with it after I put it on. It is the prettiest blush ever and it is the closest thing I've found to my discontinued blush by Benefit. My only gripe about this product is that it doesn't last very long. Still, I will repurchase this as long as they make it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by amlheureux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is quickly becoming my favorite blush... I generally prefer matte blushes but this is the perfect, shimmery color. It's a lovely and flattering peachy pink that works beautifully on my very pale skin. I love the packaging... I'm a sucker for those cute cardboard boxes. If you can find this at Marshall's or TJMaxx in one of the sets, don't hesitate to pick it up because it's so worth it! Even at full price, this would be a worthy purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by crinum

Wow, found this in an awesome "Black Tie" package at Marshalls for $12.99. The kit also included two eye shadows, a mascara, an "overshadow" and a lipbalm. When I purchased this I had no idea about the brand or what type of quality if would be. I stumbled into a real bargain, my friends, as it turns out this stuff is fantastic! My aunt has used her "Super Orgasm" Nars blush on me before and it is a bit too over the top on the sparkles for my taste. This blush hits the balance just right-- with enough peach, pink and gold reflect to look fantastic on fair skin with warm undertones. I would definitely buy this again, although I think this will last quite a while, even with every day use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2012 2:14:00 AM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

As someone who did NOT get along with NARS Orgasm blush, I was really happy to stumble across Hot Mama at Marshalls a few weeks ago. This blush is essentially Orgasm's twin, just without the annoying chunky glitter. I also find that Hot Mama is easier to work with in terms of how it applies & blends out. I was lucky to find this for cheap, as TheBalm products tend to be quite pricy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Karolyte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Absolutely amazing blush!. Peachy/pinkish color that has golden glow. The texture is very soft and it is very easy to apply. Pigmentation is great, not too bright, just right. Received it in a swap and I'm pretty sure I will be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by canadian

Neutral to Warm, NC25/NW25ish

Hot Mama is a peachy/pink blush with shimmer. I haven't tried Nars Orgasm so I can't compare. However I heard they are similar, HM has more peach to it.

I have broken capillaries on my cheeks and I don't like heavy duty foundation on my face. So some of the pink peeps through once in awhile. And that is why I tend to avoid pink blushes and go for peachier tones. However this blush is a mix of both shades and so far so good.

I'm usually not a fan of shimmery blushes since I often use shimmery e/s on my lids.

When I use a traditional blush brush, tap off the excess, I found I had too much blush on for my liking. And in that case I wasn't sure if I really liked this blush.

I tried a different method..

I had a Sally Beauty Supply bronzer brush, similar type bristles to the Quo Bronzer brush, MAC 189 but smaller.

I decided to tap the bristles lightly into the blush, tap off the excess and apply gently to my cheeks.

It applied enough color to give me a glow but without being overdone.

Overall I like this blush and would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is in the same color family as NARS orgasm, its a peachy pink blush with less glitter but more shimmer. It is very shimmery, as another reviewer said it is like a blush and highlighter in one. I do reach for this on a daily basis, because I dont mind the shimmer and this color is very complimentary on my light/medium skin tone. Cute packaging, too.
I wouldnt repurchase because there are sooo many blushes that are in this color range and I have a ton of them and am always trying out new brands and formulas.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by CG1981

This is a great blush, it has great pigment. The color is a shimmery pink/goldish color. It goes on smoothly and you get a lot in the package, i doubt i will ever finish. The problem is, while it does brighten up my face and looks good, the sheen is often way too much for me for a day time look. I would only save this for special occasions.
Also, if you have any pimples this will magnify them even if you had put concealer on it prior.
Overall though a great blush.