TheBalm Hot Mama

4.5

(from product packaging; note that the ingredients listed by some online sellers are different)--Boron Nitride, Polyethylene, Isoeicosane, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Silica, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate. May contain [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxide (CI 77491)]

on 5/11/2012 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is what nars orgasm should have been like. The perfect peachy pink that gives cheeks such a gorgeous warm sunny flush. It has shimmer in it but it's not crazy glitter like the nars blush. I have only good things to say about this blush. I have searched for the perfect shade for a while. Have tried smash box, Mac, Chanel, Dior, nars and Laura mercier. Nothing has ever looked this perfect on me! Hooray!
For reference I am Mac face and body c1 diorskin 02 Chanel vitalumiere aqua b10 bourgeois healthy mix serum 52.

Seriously go check this out!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is practically a clone of Nars Orgasm without the annoying glitter, love this shade on a variety of skin tones. Very natural. Perfect shade of pinky peach.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Shimmery mess! It's an exact dupe of orgasm by NARS which I also have and HATE waaaay to shimmery and fake looking

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got this from Marshall's along with a bronzer and Stanic and they are amazing. I have several blushes a cream one from Tarte, Nars Orgasm and a Bare Essentials one. I think my other blushes are jealous of this one. This one is so much better than orgasm, this is not too sparkly and it really shows up on your skin. This is really a buildable peachish pink. I use the bronzer from TheBalm and then I brush this on top of my cheekbones, and my cheekbones look defined plus I look like I have a great natural glow (which I do not.) Plus the packinging is so cute, I can always find it in my makeup bag.

on 3/26/2012 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Prior to using this blush, my favorite blush was one by Benefit called "Take a picture.. it'll last longer." I could never find a dupe for it and was disappointed when it became discontinued. I bought this the other day and immediately fell in love with it after I put it on. It is the prettiest blush ever and it is the closest thing I've found to my discontinued blush by Benefit. My only gripe about this product is that it doesn't last very long. Still, I will repurchase this as long as they make it.

on 3/25/2012 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is quickly becoming my favorite blush... I generally prefer matte blushes but this is the perfect, shimmery color. It's a lovely and flattering peachy pink that works beautifully on my very pale skin. I love the packaging... I'm a sucker for those cute cardboard boxes. If you can find this at Marshall's or TJMaxx in one of the sets, don't hesitate to pick it up because it's so worth it! Even at full price, this would be a worthy purchase.

on 3/16/2012 1:42:00 AM

Wow, found this in an awesome "Black Tie" package at Marshalls for $12.99. The kit also included two eye shadows, a mascara, an "overshadow" and a lipbalm. When I purchased this I had no idea about the brand or what type of quality if would be. I stumbled into a real bargain, my friends, as it turns out this stuff is fantastic! My aunt has used her "Super Orgasm" Nars blush on me before and it is a bit too over the top on the sparkles for my taste. This blush hits the balance just right-- with enough peach, pink and gold reflect to look fantastic on fair skin with warm undertones. I would definitely buy this again, although I think this will last quite a while, even with every day use.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

As someone who did NOT get along with NARS Orgasm blush, I was really happy to stumble across Hot Mama at Marshalls a few weeks ago. This blush is essentially Orgasm's twin, just without the annoying chunky glitter. I also find that Hot Mama is easier to work with in terms of how it applies & blends out. I was lucky to find this for cheap, as TheBalm products tend to be quite pricy.

on 2/27/2012 5:17:00 PM

Absolutely amazing blush!. Peachy/pinkish color that has golden glow. The texture is very soft and it is very easy to apply. Pigmentation is great, not too bright, just right. Received it in a swap and I'm pretty sure I will be buying again.

on 2/19/2012 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Neutral to Warm, NC25/NW25ish

Hot Mama is a peachy/pink blush with shimmer. I haven't tried Nars Orgasm so I can't compare. However I heard they are similar, HM has more peach to it.

I have broken capillaries on my cheeks and I don't like heavy duty foundation on my face. So some of the pink peeps through once in awhile. And that is why I tend to avoid pink blushes and go for peachier tones. However this blush is a mix of both shades and so far so good.

I'm usually not a fan of shimmery blushes since I often use shimmery e/s on my lids.

When I use a traditional blush brush, tap off the excess, I found I had too much blush on for my liking. And in that case I wasn't sure if I really liked this blush.

I tried a different method..

I had a Sally Beauty Supply bronzer brush, similar type bristles to the Quo Bronzer brush, MAC 189 but smaller.

I decided to tap the bristles lightly into the blush, tap off the excess and apply gently to my cheeks.

It applied enough color to give me a glow but without being overdone.

Overall I like this blush and would repurchase.

Popular Blush Products