October 31, 2014 | 832 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by nmhidi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this product for a while and then switched to a similar product by Biore. I couldn't even finish 1/3 of the Biore before switching back to this! This helps keep my skin clear, along with the prescription acne medicine Ziana. I love the clean and cool feeling my skin has after washing. I don't think I will ever use another face wash.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Tetteala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the staples in my skincare routine. Since I started using this, my skin has been acne-free. I have very oily skin, and this manages to keep oils at bay. I love that it has 2% salicylic acid. I found out my skin reacts better to SA rather than BP. I triefd ProActiv, but this honestly did sooo much better than other expensive department store brands!
Pros:
-prevents acne (especially painful cysts)
-helps with redness from painful pimples
-has salicylic acid
-treats acne

Cons:
-can be too abrasive on sensitive skin
-fragrance can be an irritant
-doesn't help with whiteheds

Overall, this is a product for mild to light acne. I break out occasionally, and what I'm really suffering from is extremely clogged pores. I found that if I cleanse my face with the Clarisonic and THEN use this scrub, my skin stays clear and maintains its great condition. I would NOT recommend counting on this product to remove your makeup, because the beads can seriously irritate your skin. Remove your makeup with a cloth or a separate makeup remover. It made a noticably huge difference in the way my skin felt and my skin has never been clear. Highly recommend. :]

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by leafsgirl2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Besides going to a dermatologist, there were only two other times my skin has been perfectly clear using drugstore products. The first was using the neutrogena acne kit. The second time was using this... yep that's right... just this! I LOVE this cleanser/scrub. It removes makeup, cleanses acne and exfoliates to remove blackheads. I used this in march and that whole month and a bit while using it my skin was beautiful, radiant and mainly clear except for the occasional zit! I stopped using neutrogena products to experiment with clean and clear products which do not do wonders for your acne! School is starting soon and my face is a complete mess due to the failure of clean and clear products I used over the summer. I'm switching back to using this product and can't wait to see good results --> CLEAR SKIN again!! :D

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2011 2:28:00 AM More reviews by ashsaves1005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was a decent scrub. My breakouts were minimal but still present. I have tried the scrub and the cream wash and I like the scrub better. I sort of want to try out the foam wash as well, just to see how different they all are. There really wasn't anything fantastic about the formula. I didn't have any horrible acne flare ups and my skin stayed pretty much the same so maybe it worked in the sense where it controlled my face from breaking out badly, but other than that, it was just eh.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by lacrvane

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this scrub. I use it once a week to remove dead cells and help with my whiteheads. When I put it on it kinda stings my face but I guess that's because of the salicylic acid. The microbeads are very good at exfoliating and helped me with scabs I would get from my whiteheads. It didn't make me breakout and it didn't dry out my skin so my skin was left feeling really smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by xheni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This feels so good on my face. I use it in the shower a couple times a week, and it's very refreshing. My skin feels nice, clean, and smooth. It has salicylic acid and glycolic acid (make sure you use sunscreen), so I know it's doing good things for my skin. And the menthol gives the cooling sensation. I told my boyfriend to try it, and he really likes it too.

I used to use St. Ives apricot scrub w/ salicylic acid, but I was scared off by all the warnings that it's bad for your face (I don't know if this true or not). So I got this b/c the beads appeared very spherical and mild. My face can tolerate scrubs, and I actually notice my face gets dull if I don't use some kind of exfoliation. I experience no irritation from this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by charlottebrown

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Im really interested in purchasing this prodcut . If anyone could please let me know what texture the Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Stress Control Power Scrub has. Please let me know.
thanks so much!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by SweetTalk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I need to go buy more of this! I forgot how much i loved it until just now. I have a very oily nose, forehead, and chin, and dry, but acne prone cheeks. This was amazing, it cleaned my oil zones, and helped stop my acne without drying out my cheeks. Also, it smells very nice & clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by jennagrace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is by far one of the best cleansers for oily, acne prone skin. This cleans with a minty- clean feeling on your skin, and leaves your skin soft. This isnt nearly as drying as the grapefruit facewash. After the first use, my pores felt unclogged and clean, and after a week of use breakouts were cleared.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by sysco9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product about a year ago tierd of me always having about 4 zits. I'm not gonna lie I bought this for 8$ and never used it since at the time the reviews were terrible. Aroud two months pass and I could feel a pimple coming on( srry TMI) so I put this on it for about 20 minutes the next morning I could tell it wasnt gonna surface! But I always felt that I was never having pimples anymore but I was having a lot of whiteheads and pimples so althought it got rid of some it also gave some. I feel that after a couple of months my skin got used to it and it just wasn't working anymore. I also had to buy one of these about every month and I used it once a day but I blame the packaging for that because their was always left over product I the tube that I couldn't get out. I liked that this product made my skin feel clean but overall just wasn't working anymore.