September 23, 2014 | 913 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Chance Eau Fraiche

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2010 8:28:00 AM More reviews by littlebigphoebe

A lovely summer fragrance that is fresh and elegant. Just a few spray of this perks me up every morning before I get out the door. It makes me smell + feel like a million bucks!!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by cookwithnikki

This is a very elegant perfume. The smell, the bottle, and obviously the name.
I got this as a gift, and I had never smelled it before. I'm not 100% sure if it actually works with my body chemistry though. I've sprayed it on my skin in the summer months, and it just didn't work for me. I've used it in cooler weather though, and it's been great. I also find if I put a light spray on my clothing, it smells better than if I use it on my skin. It's quite strong, almost overwhelming, so one spray really is all that is needed.
I don't quite know how to describe the smell, but it smells like something that a professional woman between the ages of 35-45 would enjoy. Not quite for us ladies in our mid-to-late 20s, but not quite for grandma.
This perfume definitely smells like it would be amazing on someone who had the body chemistry for it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 11:43:00 AM More reviews by oxnicoleox3

This is my first Chanel fragrance and one of my first high end fragrances. The packaging is sleek, classy, and not too original. But, it really captured my attention with the engraved info on the bottom (how many ounces, EDT, etc.) instead of a wimpy sticker you usually get. I think the green color also makes the perfume stick out. It smells extremely fresh, but not exactly masculine in my opinion. I think it literally smells like "fresh water." Some people compare this to D&G Light Blue, but I don't think so because I hate Light Blue. It smells a little bit more floral and crisp. I think it's great for any occasion or any season. One or two sprays will due you though, for an EDT this is strong!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 2:11:00 AM More reviews by colfaxt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Kinda boring that it looks just like the regular chance, but the scent is lovely. Long lasting and doesnt give me a headache, doesnt run into the skin & hide either, A huge plus ! Would recommend to anyone looking to smell fresh, sexy, and earthy while being feminine!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 11:26:00 AM More reviews by hermetic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My HG perfume even if it is technically EdT - it's quite lasting on me, I feel it hours later and the smell is divine - fresh without being too sweet or too girly, it's somehow crisp and refreshing, I always feel upbeat when I put it on. Other reviewers described it better then I could in terms of specific scents, enough to say I recommend everyone to try this one. I'll be buying again and don't plan to change anytime soon.
5 lippies despite the high price - so worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by peunwha

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE it !
i love chanel chance original too.
but when i need to add more chic and refreshing scent to me, i always go on this. life time long perfume.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 12:22:00 PM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I sampled this once only and I'll most likely purchase my bottle for next summer. This is soft, light and watery floral though not to the point of being aquatic. I hope I make sense here, lol. My nose is bad in detecitng the notes most of the time, but I can tell you even the base is not heavy or too warm.

When compared to Chance Eau Tendre (released in 2010), Eau Fraiche is definitely way much more refreshing. They are similar but not clones. The floral here is different - this is not as strong and bold though I'm not saying Eau Tendre is cloying as it is balanced with citrusy notes. The citrus here is also mroe mild for I actually mainly get the light watery floral. Imo Eau Tendre is good for Spring or Autumn only as the floral is a bit too much during the hot and humid summer here, while I believe Eau Fraiche can take care for the summer. Btw, the base is sweeter in Eau Fraiche too.

Green doesn't mean grassiness/ crisp/ sour. Chanel is making this green fragrance interesting... The lightness in this perfume goes well with the green though... Haha.

After testing Eau Tendre and Eau Fraiche, I have a feeling that these "variations" are quite different from what Chanel usually comes up with - think Coco Mademoiselle and No. 5. Those are somehow on the bold side, and probably catering more mature hearts, while these 2 are more like younger sisters. They have the Chanel quality and therefore definitely not second class just as one of the reviewers pointed out - esp for this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2010 4:19:00 AM More reviews by GabrielleCoCo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very generic smelling scent, with citrusy notes that waft up your nose. Nothing really outstanding and worst part it is like a cologne, not even an EDT concentration as it hardly lasted more than an hour or so. Quite a disappointment. I was hoping for something that will be more unique and longer lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2010 2:28:00 PM More reviews by cetati

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG perfume. As I transition into my mid-twenties, I needed something not as cloyingly sweet and girly. This works well in professional settings because of its slightly masculine notes, but the hint of citrus and floral helps it greatly. A favorite all summer this year.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by warmscarf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After falling in love with Coco Mademoiselle I wanted to try out a few of Chanel's other fragrances too. I thought I'd especially love Chance because it has a few similar fragrance notes as CM...However, after trying on Chance, I have to say it's not love. Chance is not a bad scent at all, it's quite pleasant. It's a light, cool, clean scent that I'm sure some people will love, but I find it somewhat generic. Maybe I just prefer warmer scents.