Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche

4.2

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

When Chanel's original Chance came out, the tag line was "the most unexpected fragrance from Chanel". I must say, this one was unexpected! The fragrance is very fresh and citrus based. I love it! Top notes are citruses and cedar; middle notes are pink pepper, water hyacinth and jasmine; base notes are teak wood, orris, amber, patchouli, vetiver and white musk.

on 3/20/2011 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this fragrance because i loved the original chance and it was one of my favorites so when this flanker came out i picked it up to use it during the daytime. I love the bottle, the green colour of the perfume... and i love the fresh take on the chance perfume. It smells breezy, fresh with the heart of chance in it. Its very lovely. Great for a summertime fragrance. The staying power isn't that good but i like this scent very much. I would repurchase this as soon as my bottle is finished.

on 3/12/2011 10:28:00 PM

fresh green scent smells wonderful

on 3/11/2011 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

By buying this scent I feel like Iíve joined the zeitgeist! Two of my closest female friends wear this, and they sought it out on their own, and independently made it their scent. One used to wear only Allure and Rochas Mystere, and the otherís two previous signature scents had been Ghost and Emporio Armani She. These girls arenít so similar, but they are both bright and independent, with strong interests and talents Ė one works in publishing, and the other designs fabric art.
I myself purchased Chance Eau Fraiche because my interest in perfumes is so great I allow myself whims. On some people this is fuzzy and honeyed, but on my skin itís aquatic and legume-esque, with a beautiful waterlily heart. The citruses I get are mandarin and lime, and there is something herbaceous to it. This is lightly sweet Ė Iím glad for that, because the sugar keeps it being too cologney. Itís really rather beautiful.
I had planned to wait until my Miss Dior Cherie Líeau had been used up Ė another green, fresh and sweet citrus scent Ė but a gift card from a friend allowed me to cave. I had compliments galore at work today, though when I got home and showed my boyfriend, he remarked on its masculine facets. I think thatís just due to it being fresh; I am trying to imagine it on a man, but itís very pretty. The original Chance was fairly masculine, and the fact you can smell a ghost of that fragrance really adds to the appeal of this, for me. I even tried layering them and the result was quite pleasing.
Itís not that itís wholly unique Ė there are a multitude of really good citrus scents out there (Miss Dior Cherie Líeau, Jíadore Líeau, Jean Paul Gaultier Classique X, Cristalle Eau Verte) Ė itís that itís done so goddamn well. A really masterful creation, which balances the sweet and savoury perfectly.

on 12/31/2010 10:22:00 PM

I cant get enough of this scent! I love both this one and Eau Tendre. This one has more of a fresh scent with a tiny hint of citrus as opposed to Tendre's light floras scent. I use this more for summer, whereas I use Tendre for spring. They both seem to have the same underlying scents, maybe they have the same notes but you get a very different feeling from either one. When I wear this, i feel playful and energetic. When I wear Tendre, I feel Flirty and sweet. I love both perfumes equally. The only thing I hate is that they discontinued the smaller bottle, which sucks because I can never finish a big bottle since i change scents so much.

on 12/27/2010 1:11:00 AM

I have never had more compliments on fragrance like I have with this perfume. People come up to me right and left asking what I am wearing - men and women alike. I love the way it makes me feel.. almost unstoppable. I am almost selfish enough not to recommend it to anyone else. Just kidding. It's a great, clean, long lasting sent. But not exactly for everyone. My suggestion - test it on your skin and see if it's for you. Good luck!

A lovely summer fragrance that is fresh and elegant. Just a few spray of this perks me up every morning before I get out the door. It makes me smell + feel like a million bucks!!! :)

on 12/15/2010 7:58:00 PM

This is a very elegant perfume. The smell, the bottle, and obviously the name.
I got this as a gift, and I had never smelled it before. I'm not 100% sure if it actually works with my body chemistry though. I've sprayed it on my skin in the summer months, and it just didn't work for me. I've used it in cooler weather though, and it's been great. I also find if I put a light spray on my clothing, it smells better than if I use it on my skin. It's quite strong, almost overwhelming, so one spray really is all that is needed.
I don't quite know how to describe the smell, but it smells like something that a professional woman between the ages of 35-45 would enjoy. Not quite for us ladies in our mid-to-late 20s, but not quite for grandma.
This perfume definitely smells like it would be amazing on someone who had the body chemistry for it.

on 12/6/2010 11:43:00 AM

This is my first Chanel fragrance and one of my first high end fragrances. The packaging is sleek, classy, and not too original. But, it really captured my attention with the engraved info on the bottom (how many ounces, EDT, etc.) instead of a wimpy sticker you usually get. I think the green color also makes the perfume stick out. It smells extremely fresh, but not exactly masculine in my opinion. I think it literally smells like "fresh water." Some people compare this to D&G Light Blue, but I don't think so because I hate Light Blue. It smells a little bit more floral and crisp. I think it's great for any occasion or any season. One or two sprays will due you though, for an EDT this is strong!

on 11/16/2010 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Kinda boring that it looks just like the regular chance, but the scent is lovely. Long lasting and doesnt give me a headache, doesnt run into the skin & hide either, A huge plus ! Would recommend to anyone looking to smell fresh, sexy, and earthy while being feminine!

Popular Fragrances