Everyday Minerals New Flat Top Brush

Synthetic

on 8/15/2010 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This brush feels like the most luxurious velvet is being swept across your face. It's extremely soft yet very very dense, it does an amazing job of buffing in foundation. Because it's so dense it does take a long time to dry.

on 8/11/2010 4:53:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I was trying to decide between the flat top and the kabuki, and decided to buy them both. The quality of these brushes is excellent, not a hair has shed from either and I've had them for about a year and a half. Super soft, hard to believe they are synthetic. My mom touched them and swooned, said she didn't have anything that soft. Love the bamboo handles, too.

If I had to pick one for applying mineral foundation, I would pick the kabuki hands down. Much easier to get sheer layers. Takes a little more finesse with the flat top.

For a while, my flat top didn't get much use. Then I realized it was way better for buffing than the kabuki. So I would apply with the kabuki, buff in with the flat top. Then I read about stippling (with liquid foundation) with a flat top, and I found it works beautifully for that. That's what I use it for now.

Hope this helps, if you are trying to decide between the two like I was.

on 8/9/2010 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Love L-O-V-E this brush. Soft, gives great coverage and great price. I will buy many more due to I have found many uses for this brush and will need on for work, car, makeup bag ect...

on 8/5/2010 6:12:00 AM

i love this brush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i bought four of them~!!!!!! i use this as a foundation brush the most of the time... cheap and excellent quality..

on 7/31/2010 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This brush is wonderful! I love how soft and dense this brush is and also how it gives a perfect flawless coverage. Its very cheap too! The only thing I didn't like about the brush is how it takes a long time to dry up! My older brushes took at least a few hours to dry, but the flat top brush takes almost two days to dry up. But other than that, the brush is awesome!

on 7/24/2010 5:35:00 PM

I loveeeeeeeeee this brush!!!! It gives the perfect coverage and puts powder make up on flawlessly. I even used it when i want a little bit of color for my fair skin and i use bronzer. Its so soft and feels heavenly when applying product. This is my HG powder brush. <3 Even after many times of washing, it has never shed 1 bristle.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this brush! It is so soft and dense,perfect for mineral or powder foundation i have actually used it to stipple on liquid foundation for a fuller coverage,and it blended nicely with no streaks. It is good value and does not shed or bleed. I wouldnt buy again because i only use it for foundation and it is very good quality brush,so there is no need to repurchase. I would definately recommend it though!

on 7/16/2010 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm very sad that I didn't love this...I loved it the first few times I used it, however after washing it, it took at least 3 days to dry (and most of my kabuki's are 2 days MAX..normally just 1 bc my place is very dry)..anyway, I wouldnt care about the 3 day drying but it now smells almost moldy and I'm afraid to use it. I love that the brush is very smooth and soft, but I don't like the small surface area and perhaps the bristles are TOO dense...I don't want it to grow mold!

Edit..

Bumped it up a lippie because it is now the only brush I own that is soft enough for my severely reactive skin...........but still have problems with long drying time :/

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I would say this product is actually a 4.5. It's as close to a perfect brush as you will find. It is dense and as soft as everyone says it is - something I was skeptical about. There has been no shedding and I've used this brush for some time and put it through quite a number of washes at this point. This brush has become my 'go to' as I haven't used any others since I bought this one. The only thing I've noticed with this brush is that after washing it takes a long time to dry and the bristles sort of bunch up together which requires me to brush it out when it finally fully dries. This is a bit of a minor annoyance but nothing that will stop me from repurchasing and recommending!

on 6/18/2010 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

SUPER SOFT! i love how dense it is and for only 10 bucks its super cheap and high quality <3 i must agree about the bristles falling out but its such a minimal amount that comes out that it doesnt outweigh the quality or price. gives amazing cverage

Popular Makeup Brushes