January 27, 2015 | 1443 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 227 Large Fluff Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2009 5:08:00 AM More reviews by xotess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite MAC brush! I love it because it is so versatile - I use it to put a neutral wash of colour all over my lid, to blend my eyeshadow and to highlight. I also just think it is actually really fun to use. MAC brushes are pretty expensive but the quality and long life of them (if you look after them properly) make the cost worthwhile. I couldn't live without this brush and it is great to have not only for everyday but also if you are going on holiday and only want to take a few brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2009 11:36:00 AM More reviews by crbegley1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This brush is one I used everytime I wear eye-makeup. I love using it as a blender or highlighter but mostly I use it to put down an all-over wash of color from lid to brow. MAC brushes are pricey but they last for years if well cared for. Would definitely repurchase if something happened to mine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 10:27:00 AM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of my used-daily brushes. I use it for laying down a wash of a base colour. Excellent as it doesn't deposit too much shadow. Great for blending out harsh edges too. Where this brush comes into its own for me is using it to apply my highlight shade & blending it with my crease shade. Never leaves my highlight shade looking overly done and it takes next to no time. I don't use any other brush for doing my highlight now (and I'd tried a few before I bought this).
The bristles are soft & never scratchy. Hasn't shed at all & I must've had mine for well over a year now. Cleans up beautifully with brush cleaner or shampoo.
I would repurchase again if ever I lost it. In fact, I love this brush so much I ended up buying a second.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 8:47:00 PM More reviews by ragazza

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Another winner from MAC. I use this very soft brush for applying a light wash of colour from my lid to my brow bone. I also use it for a soft crease effect - works like a charm. Love it <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 11:37:00 PM More reviews by roselovesmakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so lucky I got this 227 brush at a CCO!,I wanted to add to the great reviews I saw today.This brush is so versatile and it is very soft and gentle.I will always reach for it as part of my makeup looks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

When I went on vacation last summer, I realized I had not packed my MAC 222 brush or my 217 brush.. grrrr.

I was told MAC products were sold in a nearby mall and I quickly went to look there before I went out to dinner the first night. They did not carry the 217 or the 222 brush.. another grrr. So, I looked at their brush selection and chose the 227.. Voila!

I used this from that moment on and love it so much it seems like an extension of my fingers -- if my fingers were velvety, packed firmly and dense. This brush works well sideways to apply to contours. It works flat to pack on color. It works like a huge fat fan to blend. I have even used it to contour with my Sculpting powders.

It is truly a very functional brush and a delight to use. It is not expensive for the many and varied functions it has.

I now own two which I will alternate when I wash one. I am a germophobe so I am constantly washing my brushes and I always have a spare for drying time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 3:08:00 PM More reviews by greeneyedbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this brush.
The bristels are very soft and dense making it perfect for highlighting the brow bone and apply color to the entire lid. The cut of this brush allows it to fit perfectly into the arches of my eyebrows and to pick up the perfect amount of product. I've only had this brush for about 4 months now -but- it is still just as soft as it was the day I received it and it still has its shape. This is truly a 5 star brush that is worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 2:37:00 PM More reviews by meganmomoney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very high quality brush and I use it every single day. You can use it to apply highlighter on your cheekbones and brow bones or to apply a wash of color all over your lid. It's fairly large so it's easy to apply a lot color at once. I mostly use it for apply a highlight and blending the color down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 10:51:00 PM More reviews by chococat05

As the 51st reviewer (my 201 review), I give this brush a 5! Why? Because it's soft, firm, dense and everything you want a good hi-lighter brush to be.

I own a similar brush that is the Essence of Beauty (EoB) Smokey-Wide brush where one side is a crease brush and the other a wide brush like the 227. I like this one a lot too but it's not as soft nor as big as the 227. It's still a nice brush and it's about three times cheaper. So, I'll most likely use that one for travel or BU hi-lighter brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by simba2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this brush. Its great for putting a highlight color on your brow bone, and blending out harsh lines. Defintly a must have brush.