July 26, 2014 | 1400 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Skin Firming & Toning Gel Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2008 3:58:00 PM More reviews by tourmalinequeen

When will I learn? There is absolutely nothing you can rub into your skin that dissolve cellulite. You either have it or you don't , its a hereditary condition. I know people under 110 lbs who have cellulite. After 3 wks of faithful twice daily use, absolutely no results whatsoever.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2008 4:44:00 AM More reviews by egoh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, this cellulite cream does nothing for me... after using it for 2 months, I don't see any changes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2008 6:02:00 PM More reviews by menelausee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I agree with the positive reviews of this. Though i don't have much cellulite, this firms my legs after each use. I also love how soft this leaves my legs.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2008 7:13:00 PM More reviews by kgrinn

So I have only used this once- yesterday.
The scent at first smelled like YSL skincare products but when I got a closer whiff I completely changed my mind and found that it smells highly medicinal. However I can hardly smell it when applying, unless I put my nose in it.
A big turnoff (though irrational) is that it is blue! Which just was a surprise and initially creeped me out. But anyway, it did not seem sticky whatsoever to me even though other reviewers felt so. I applied only to my thighs since I don't have cellulite anywhere else and it went on very smoothly, though it didn't at first leave my legs feeling smooth at touch.
When I went to bed which was about 5 hours after I applied my legs started itching like crazy! I don't think I'll try it again since I suppose people would recommend not to because of the itching.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2008 7:43:00 AM More reviews by MissValery

This product surprised me, and in a positive way. Although Iīm generally quite sensitive to strong scents, I donīt mind the perfume in this product...itīs like a normal body lotion or deodorant scent, and it fades quickly. The gel ist sticky at first, but you simply have to use it sparingly and massage it in for about 30 seconds on each thigh, then it sinks in quite nicely and the stickyness dissappears. The cooling effect is nice too. You donīt need much product.
I donīt have much cellulite to beginn with, but I noticed that in the areas I use the gel skin becomes very soft, smooth and healthy-looking. Iīve only used it for a week or so, and cannot really say if thereīs already a firming or cellulite-diminishing effect, but Iīll continue using this until the package is empty and then decide if itīs worth it. It is certainly easier to use than body -firming oils I used before and I had to massage in for minutes with a body brush without seeing any noticeable difference.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2008 4:34:00 PM More reviews by ADA77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this on and off in the past , and now have been using it for 5 months straight , i found doubles at Costco and got myself to buy them so i can use them regularly. still have another tube to go ..
I feel that this is good at the start , during the first tube maybe .It does make a slight difference on the skin texture , tightens up without drying the skin. So, smoother and softer , very good , BUT when you keep using it i don't think it keeps working gradually .
I also don't think this would do miracles if you have serious cellulite .
So , i would recommend this to those of us who has 'some bumps' for a temporary solution .(start of summer, maybe?)
or a weekend at the beach , occasions like that ..
other then that,there's no point in rubbing yourself for minutes twice each day , for months , expecting a permanent solution , is my opinion ..

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2008 3:27:00 PM More reviews by obliviondust

before buying any cosmetic item, i try to find reviews on this board to get a sense of whether or not it will be worth it. i am APPALLED by the reviews i found for this product. it seems every negative reviewer is convinced that the good reviews were written by people working for Nivea.

the purpose of my review is to let anyone who hasn't used this product yet to know that they NEED TO TRY IT FOR THEMSELVES. i'm sure some things just don't work for some people, and if that ends up being true, what's the worst that happened? you wasted $12? big effin deal. it couldn't be more worth it if it works for you!!

i'm 24 and a size 0. i'm thin and small but my body isn't in shape. i don't exercise regularly and don't have the best diet. so i have a bit of a tummy and everything below that is SUPER flab and unattractive. and i'm not sure why (i used to be a little bigger, but not much) but i have been cursed with much visible stretch marking on my waist, hips, thighs and even knees!!! i also have dimpling and cottage cheeseness goin on on my thighs so i never wear shorts! i never wear bathing suits! and i am so embarassed in any kind of...umm...romantic situation. i just don't see other girls like me. i have the face of a teenager and the body of an out of shape older lady who's had kids. wtf

so i decided after seeing a commercial and reading some good reviews that i'd buy this stuff and see if it helped any...

i noticed IMMEDIATE results.
it smells fake-fragrant, but it's not overpowering and is no more an annoyance than the smell of any average lotion or soap or anything. anyone who finds this a problem needs to get a life.
the day after using it for the first time, and a second time earlier that day, i went to my local mall and tried on some clothing at the old navy dressing room, where i am always horrified by the truth the lighting reveals to me. it was there that i first really noticed just how awful my lower body was looking. what i saw this day made me feel prettier than i had felt in years. my stretch marks were less visible than they had been--still visible, but less enough to the point where i wouldn't feel embrassed to wear something that coveres them up completely. the dimpling on my legs was gone. my skin looked smooth and youthful. it even felt different--tighter and...well...like it should be at my age. it was so awesome. how could the measely $12 i spent on it produce such results???
i've been using it every day (it's only been around a week) and my skin has consistently felt better and looked better. i can't even imagine what the long term results will be. as i write this now, i would feel more than comfortable being seen in a bathing suit. my cellultie is no longer visible to the eye at all. and if i stretch my skin a little where my stretch marks are, they look barely noticable which simply tells me that they will be barely noticable if i start exercising and toning up that area of my body.

this is true.
it works.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2008 8:23:00 PM More reviews by tris99

I used this for the full 4 weeks it says it takes to notice a difference. I used it every single night before I went to bed and even sometimes in the morning before I got dressed. I even used it in conjunction with a couple of boxes of the patches.

This made the skin around my thighs SUPER soft! Like baby- bottom soft!

But I didn't notice any difference at all with the cellulite unfortunately. Wish it would've worked :(

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2008 12:07:00 PM More reviews by LaDormeuse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product could work miracles but I'll never know because I couldn't get past the heavily perfumed scent (or sticky, glue-like texture). I tried using it twice a day for a week but the scent began permeating my life - my closet, my clothes, my bathroom, my bedding; everything smelled like this cellulite gel. I thought maybe I could stand it if I only used it once a day but I couldn't decide which was better (or worse) - smelling like cheap perfume during the day or stinking up my sheets (and sticking to my bed) at night. I'm not usually sensitive to scents but something about this one really put me off. In the end I decided to cut my losses and move on. This is the first (and most likely last) cellulite product I've ever used. It was cheap and I bought it on a whim after seeing the commercials. My case is mild and I think if I do a few more squats at the gym I'll be able to reduce it drastically.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2008 10:50:00 AM More reviews by productjunkie76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Using this in conjuction with the patches for about a week now- i will update when using longer. I am thin but am starting to see cellulite on thighs and butt and want to try to make it look nice in those areas. The gel is sticky at first but when it's dry it seems to be fine and feels cool when you apply. I will hopefully have some good news after using for a month.