April 19, 2014 | 1915 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Define A Lash

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by annaw12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This mascara makes my long thick lashes extreme! It takes a little time to master the wand but once you get the hang of it it looks amazing ! It makes my eyes look really big and awake

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Lepotica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great mascara! Provides nice length and volume without the clump.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by snsdgirl14

I have naturally long, thick lashes so whatever mascara I buy usually isn't a problem for me. With Define a Lash, I mostly think it's pretty good. It definitely lengthens my lashes, but it almost makes them look spidery with how thin they look (I like voluminous/thickening mascaras better). I also don't like how flimsy the applicator is; it's very bendy, a bit hard to use.

Overall it does its job and it's cheap, which is nice. It's not a terrible mascara by any means. But next time I will most likely go for CoverGirl Lash Blast -- I liked that much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by polargirl3

I wouldn't say this is the best mascara out there, but I still really love it. It works well with my thin lashes (damn short asian lashes) and it really has the lengthening effect.
The wand though is a little too bendy.... at first i found it hard to use, but eventually I adapted to it.

I would definitely repurchase this just because it's cheap and does a good job. It's an everyday must have mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by DonnaJazzhands

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I gave up with this mascara after quite a few tries. The applicator is too flimsy, and the brush is a weird shape. I was originally drawn to the bright green tube, and it looked like a nice, sleek product on the outside (rated the packaging a 4 for the trickster who designed such a pretty disguise for this sucky mascara) AND this product got high praise from one of my friends, but I guess we must have very different mascara needs. It did not coat all of my lashes, and it was very hard to guide the brush over my lash because it's too soft and too flexible. I'll stick with what works, which is my Great Lash mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by loomisks

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I usually like Maybelline products but was very disappointed with this. The mascara looks good once you have it on but it flakes more than any mascara I have ever used. You have to constantly wipe flaked mascara off your face. I got so frustrated I threw the tube away after a few uses.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by adares

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this product since it came out and I am in LOVE! It provides great definition in the lashes, make mine look 2x the length. I never wear fake lashes but I always am asked it I do! The mascara brush has a great way to distribute the product creating no clumping and it doesn't dry out too fast so you can apply another layer.

I purchased the waterproof version of this mascara and find it hard to come off after a full day of wear. If I wash my face at night I still find that there is residue in the morning. So that is probably the only con I have about this product.

I highly recommend this product if you have thin sparse eyelashes!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

One rule of shopping is to never buy a product/item you ordinarily wouldn't buy simply because it is on sale. Breaking this cardinal rule, I picked up Define-a-Lash because it was a buck at Big Lots. If I had paid full price for it I probably would be irritated but since I only wasted a dollar, I'm not completely irritated - only slightly annoyed.

I tend to stick to higher end brands of mascara because drug store versions always leave me disappointed. Define-a-Lash is no exception. While I do like the applicator, I think the formula is just bad. It provided no real volume or length and it turned dry (in the tube) after only a few uses. I tried using it as an alternate mascara in an effort to save my higher end ones but it really wasn't even good for that. I think this mascara would be good for someone who really doesn't want length or volume and just wants to darken their lashes. I'm not one of those gals, so into this garbage this goes.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by trackstar4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Define-A-Lash mascara is nothing to write home about, in my experience using it. I have had two tubes, and I have found both times I have found that the mascara is too wet for my taste. My eyelashes are a bit short, and this mascara, if used very little, does a good job at adding some length and definition to them. The packaging is very cute, but the wand is too slender and breakable for me. Overall, a decent mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by kayeartemis

used to be my go to mascara when i didn't wear mascara all that often
the brush used to be great, but with all the new brushes and mascaras around it isn't all that special or great anymore
it's sadly become one of those average mascaras