September 2, 2014 | 1701 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - Inner Grace EDP

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2007 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Vulnavia

I first reviewed this in July of '07 and gave it a glowing one, but unfortunately this perfume goes WICKED sharp on me and I rarely if ever find myself reaching for it. As it figures, it also has the best staying power of any Philsophy scent I've tried (Falling in Love, two versions of Baby Grace, the Tea Party set) and if I'm in the wrong mood can aggravate my headaches. I liked it for about the first 2 weeks and then it just morphed and is a bit brittle on me. Oh well! The bottle remains the loveliest of all the Graces, though. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2007 5:16:00 PM More reviews by sallycat337

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this perfume. I have most of the Philosophy fragrances except Baby and The Fragrance and I have to say that this perfume ties at the top with Amazing Grace. It is a wonderful light, delicate smell but clean and fresh at the same time. Like all Philosophy fragrances it is subtle and not overpowering - I have even been known to wear this one when I go to bed as I love the soothing smell. I used to use very heavy scents D&G, Gucci, Cartier and Prada and now I am truely converted to the Philosophy way of scenting - a much more understated fragrance and not one that shouts from 150 paces "HELLO I'm HERE!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2007 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Bigorangekitty621

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's been awhile since I've offered a review... I don't own this product. I do have Falling in Love, Amazing Grace in all its forms, and Pure Grace...struggling with my relationships with all three, mind you, but they each remain in my life for one reason or another. My take on InnerG, after sniffing and cuddling with the scent strip in the recent Sephora Catalog...hmmm. I swear it's the dead on ghost of Victoria's Secret "Basic Instinct"...spilled all over a cheap cashmere sweater ...that ended up taking a rough, accidental (fatal) ride through the new washing machine. Sweater extracted from machine, examined, pronounced, mourned...(and of course, sniffed...)before leaving this world. Eewww. Inner Grace! ? ! Now, perhaps someone out there loves this. I do not. And why create THIS GRACE in edp form? Oh, MY. Philosophy peeps, what manner of fresh hell have thy wrought?
Now...I have yet to *spritz* the stuff on myself. Scent strips lie, sometimes...tricky little things that they are. But I'm not "feeling" this one. In fact, the ONLY thing I'm feeling after after five minutes of sniffing the noxious stuff on my skin is the urge to head upstairs for the ibuprofin bottle and something to wash this off with. It's that bad. Promise. Once it's gone, I can regain my Inner Peace. Lovelies, I'm going to heed my Inner Voice this time, and resist even the slightest urge to argue with the scent strip...Inner Grace won't be joining her sisters in my collection in this lifetime.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2007 5:35:00 PM More reviews by mamalizzie

Oh My Gosh !!! -- I cannot believe all the terrible reviews of this fragrance, and therefore feel quite compelled to offer some opposition for it! This scent is completely delightful, IMO, and I've received compliments galore when wearing it!! Very clean, fresh scent, hint of violet too. I LOVE this - even makes me FEEL better when I wear it. Nothing will replace Amazing Grace as my top Philosophy scent, but this definitely comes in second (yes, even over Pure, Baby and Falling in Love - yes, yes, yes, yes, yes) ... even my children remark they like the way it smells ... now who could argue that? ; ) Will definitely buy again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2007 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Rachel1234

This is a beautiful clean scent. It reminds me of freshly laundered white lace set outside on the clothes line, swaying and swirling in the warm sunshine on a breezy spring day. It is fresh and very springtime, yet not overly floral or sweet like some spring fragrances. It's light and clean with a touch of Ivory soap, but not overly soapy or detergent-like. It's breezy like a beautiful Sunday morning, but not overly airy or green (not herbal-y). Inner Grace is just a perfect blend of fresh, clean and springtime. Also, there is something very pure and white about it ... it makes me think of white lace .... maybe just a touch of lavender. Soooooo beautiful. Not little girlish (too sweet) or old ladyish (too heavy) at all. Quite the opposite. I think it's just beautiful! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2007 11:11:00 AM More reviews by ljws

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm waiting for my .5oz bottle to come in the mail, but I loved the rub-on sample from the latest Sephora Catalog. I was unsure at first on this scent - it remided me of something and drove me crazy trying to figure out what. It has a clean, sort of green scent with a touch of "burnt" something that was pretty strong on me for the first 15 min. or so, but melded nicely after that into an unusual and soft clean green, but not smooth, exactly, or sweet. I love green scents, and have sampled litteraly hundreds. This reminded me of a little bit of this (CDG Calamus), and a touch of that (Demeter's Poison Ivy), and a few other high-end stuff (Like Herba Fresca), but then it hit me - this is a remake of Philosphy's "message in a bottle" I still had a bit of shower gel left of this and went to check, and sure 'nuff - this is a slightly changed version of that - which I liked, but it always seemed to lack something - which...btw...I think they found and added - yea! So far, I think I'm going to like it, hence I only bought the .5oz bottle on ebay, but I'll have to update after I've had it for a at least a few days. I don't smell the "Old Lady" per other reviewers, but this isn't the over the top sweet of fil, or amazing or baby graces. It's slightly more like pure grace - Ahaa ....Pure Grace and Message in a bottle.....I think that's it! We'll let you know in a week or two how I still feel about it. Hope this helps.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2007 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Gem727

Not really liking this scent. Ordered a Philosophy set and this was included. Like other reviewers have said, it smells old. In fact when my mom made me smells it, she asked me who it smelled like...my Grandma! I was kind of surprised actually, after smelling other Philosophy scents. I would not buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2007 12:20:00 PM More reviews by dancepig

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is, in my opinion, the worst fragrance Philosophy has done. As other review have stated, it smells "old", and I agree. The fragrance reminds me of one my grandmother used, and not one I would recommend for today's world!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2007 11:23:00 AM More reviews by orangepaas

I really, really like the Inner Grace line and have to step up and say so! I think it's a lovely, feminine and grown-up scent without having any inkling of sexy or seduction. It's more modest than that, fitting in with the idea of the descriptor poem. I enjoy wearing this on Sunday mornings when I get ready to go to church, it's that sort of thing. Aaaand, I know that kind of description makes it sound old-ladyish, but it's really quite lovely :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2007 11:56:00 PM More reviews by geographer

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree totally 100 % with the previous reviewer. I can only smell "old" in this perfume. It really does remind me of something from the 70's. It just smells stale and old fashioned. And boy does this stuff last-in a bad way, unfortunately. As in, can't wait to wash it off last. Why can't Philosophy come out with a Falling in Love or Pure Grace EDP scent that lasts? Unless maybe they have, but I quit spending money on "fragrance sprays" that smell like a body splash with a staying power of all 5 minutes. Total hype, cutesly marketing slogans, but I have found nothing of substance to back the $$$ up.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No