November 26, 2014 | 1836 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 6:38:00 AM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I normally rotate through the Burt's Bees Mango, Acai & Pomegranate. All 3 give my lips ample moisture and protect them from getting chapped or wind burnt. I love the thicker consistency of these balms because they seem to last longer than average, yet aren't sticky in the least. I use one every single night after brushing my teeth (before bed) and rarely find the need for daytime use. They don't make your lips look glossy or shiny so the guys can use them too. I'm just not a fan of peppermint so I don't use the original Burt's Bees. Thankfully these 3 have no minty smell/taste, they are fragranced after the corresponding fruits.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by lipbalmlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At first, this only didn't seem to moisturize that well, but after using it for a few days, it is quite moisturizing.The packaging of this is very sturdy and no-nonsense. There is a lot of product in this tube, and it does lean on the waxy side. This also gives you a big of a natural reddish tint (like you had just eaten strawberries) and some shine.
However, the smell turns me off. It is a harsh medicine herbal smell. I did get used to it.
All in all, I think this is a lip balm that everyone should have (mainly for the natural tint and other ok areas), but I will not be repurchasing this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by fz27

I'm not usually that passionate about lip balms, but this one works SO WELL. I sometimes bite my lip (unconsciously), so that combined with winter, dries my lips out like crazy. Makeup-wise, I like a bold lip so I need my lips to be nice and soft, otherwise lipstick will dry them out even more.

I like this product because it's super hydrating and long lasting, with a soft glow. I really dislike lip balms that have a white/light pink tint. This really felt moisturizing and it slightly amplified my natural lip color. I wear this before bed, at work, on the subway, before putting on a coat of lipstick. Really nice feel on the lips as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by lashout88

I don't care if it works well or not because I HATE THE SMELL. I like pomegranate, but I think this just smells like rotten fruit or a medicinal berry. Yuck.
My mom loves it though, so maybe it's just my nose. The only way I'll ever repurchase it again is for her.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by heyitstran

I like the Burt's Bee's Peppermint lip balm but I'm not a fan of the Pomegranate one. I decided on the Pomegranate lip balm because I thought it was fun to try a new lip balm flavor. Since I liked the Peppermint Burt's Bee's lip balm I thought the pomegranate was going to be something I would like too. I was wrong and I'm a bit disappointed in the product because it's not moisturizing enough and I also I have to apply it very often due to its lack of moisture. The product is rather drying on the lips.The smell is nice but that's not something I care too much about anyway. I won't repurchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by yayforbooks

A very delightful scent and flavor. Goes on lightly and feels good. I keep it in my pocket and I really like it for everyday use. It does get licked off/go away quickly, though. I don't really see a tint, but it isn't advertised as having one. It makes my lips feel really soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Junwwu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have another Burt's Bees lip balm, the honey one, that doesn't impress me at all. This one, however is great! It goes on incredibly smoothly and has a pleasant scent in my opinion. It smells vaguely of strawberry or some other berry, not pomegranate though (I don't think pomegranate has a particularly recognizable scent anyways). It moisturizes really well, and has a very very very slight tint. I'd prefer if it had more tint, but since this isn't marketed as a tinted lip balm, I didn't score it down for it. This sinks in fairly quickly and leaves my lips feeling very soft afterwards. It's also all natural, like all of Burt's Bees products. However, it doesn't have spf. I'd repurchase this again as my main nothing-added lip balm.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by jeaninams03

For chapstick, the smell is a little too powerful to have under my nose all day. However, I like the consistency of the chapstick, goes on slick and shiny, but doesn't last for too long, which is a downside. On the positive, there is a reddish tint that comes with it, which I love!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by seattlegirl

I think burt's original mint flavored balm is the very best when it comes to healing, moisture & protection, but the mint flavor can annoy me sometimes. so this is my 2nd favorite balm. it smells kind of medicinal for a second, but the scent goes away after it has been applied. plus it's very moisturizing and protective. I've tried many other natural lip balms and so many of them feel lumpy (like burt's acai berry balm) or too oily, which makes me feel like I need to reapply right away.

bonus-- even though it's not supposed to color your lips, I could swear mine look just a teeny bit more pink when I apply. I don't know why though -- if I put some on my hand, I can't see any color at all (and it's not marketed for it - nowhere on the package does it say that it is supposed to provide color). but I really think it makes my lips look just a hint rosier.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by shio318

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lip balm! It gives good moisture to my lips and has been great during the winter when my lips get chapped. I really like that this lip balm is pink because it does not make my lip color look whitish or paler than my natural pink. The smell is ok, and it lasts on the lips for a good amount of time. I love the cooling effect of the regular Burt's Bees lip balm and wish this one had it too. But overall, good product for a good price.