August 1, 2014 | 1263 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by jeaninams03

For chapstick, the smell is a little too powerful to have under my nose all day. However, I like the consistency of the chapstick, goes on slick and shiny, but doesn't last for too long, which is a downside. On the positive, there is a reddish tint that comes with it, which I love!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by seattlegirl

I think burt's original mint flavored balm is the very best when it comes to healing, moisture & protection, but the mint flavor can annoy me sometimes. so this is my 2nd favorite balm. it smells kind of medicinal for a second, but the scent goes away after it has been applied. plus it's very moisturizing and protective. I've tried many other natural lip balms and so many of them feel lumpy (like burt's acai berry balm) or too oily, which makes me feel like I need to reapply right away.

bonus-- even though it's not supposed to color your lips, I could swear mine look just a teeny bit more pink when I apply. I don't know why though -- if I put some on my hand, I can't see any color at all (and it's not marketed for it - nowhere on the package does it say that it is supposed to provide color). but I really think it makes my lips look just a hint rosier.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by shio318

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lip balm! It gives good moisture to my lips and has been great during the winter when my lips get chapped. I really like that this lip balm is pink because it does not make my lip color look whitish or paler than my natural pink. The smell is ok, and it lasts on the lips for a good amount of time. I love the cooling effect of the regular Burt's Bees lip balm and wish this one had it too. But overall, good product for a good price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 8:50:00 AM More reviews by DJCee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I like this a lot, the flavor is very mild and it leaves my lips very smooth with a nice hint of color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

This lip balm is ok - not bad but not great either. Moisturises fine and has a very very slight pink tint to it, but I feel like I have to reapply often.
It has no spf, so you can't use it outside.
It's about 3.50 which is a bit expensive for it to not work that well.
I do prefer it to the Acai Berry one, purely because it has a better smell and a slight tint, but I won't be repurchasing either of them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by monicaking77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my hg lip balm. I love how it tastes and smells. It's very mild but not waxy tasting like a lot of mild scented/flavored lip balms. It also moisturizes my lips very well, and feels really comfortable to wear. The other fruit flavors are great too, but this one and the mango one are my favorite.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by adeleseddie

i can't stand this stuff!

okay to start i was so exsited to try this after hearing raves about it from just about everyone. so when i picked up i was hoping i'd fall in love like everyone else but sadly it didn't work.

to start the packaging is just ugly! if i didn't know what it was i'd think it was honey in a stick with the ugly guy. and the stick it self looks gross

then i sniffed it and it smelled like a rotten tomato! i knew i could withstand it if it was really that amazing but sadly it wasn't at all!

it made my lips worse and went on like a rubber muffin! not creamy and didn't work! it was awful.

6 months later i try it again i decide maybe i got a bad one and it was on sale.

honestly i'd pick a zero if i could HUGE waste of money

it wasn't better i think it was even worse

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by bbybreanna

i love it. it does the job. the scent isnt so strong and really difficult to describe. the balm itself appears to be a very deep red but swatched and applied there is no tint left. so i find it weird people complaining about how there's no color when no where on the tube says it's supposed to be a tinted lip balm... the packaging itself is sorta cheap, just a pop off cap and you can twist the balm up and down. it leaves a slight shine after applied. my lips always feel moisturized with this on. definitley repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

Ingredients: helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor), punica granatum (pomegranate) oil, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool

Carmine is used for color, and no artificial frgrance.

As Dr. Oz suggests for use on lips, this contains coconut oil and lanolin (a fatty substance obtained from wool).

A slight tint and amazing smell, it's like an energizing and exotic hippie scent (no, doesn't smell like pomegranate...pomegranate doesn't smell like anything IMO).

As soon as I applied my previously very peely and cracked lips turned soft. I'm hoping this balm isn't 'addictive' like Chapstick--if I don't apply it for a few hours and my lips peel I will update this review. You should let it work its magic for three days first though. Judging from the good ingredients that won't happen.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by nesslee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i have heard a lot about burt's bees, but i am not wowed by this product. it smells weird and tastes like soap. although the color is nice and natural i wouldnt buy it again. the only thing that comforts me is to know that its 100% natural.