Make Up For Ever Duo Mat Powder foundation Powder

3.9

Talc, Dimethicone, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aqua (Water), Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Ether, Phenoxyethanol, Cassia Angustifolia Extract (Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide), Parfum (Fragrance), Gellan Gum, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Ethylparaben. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 7/12/2012 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is probably one of the best compact foundations I've tried so far. It leaves a smooth application and gives off a matte finish. However it doesn't help control of shine around my T zone since I get very oily around that area. So I usually apply some sort of blotting powder on top and I'm set. Also you can build up the foundation for a medium- full coverage.

on 7/7/2012 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Obsessed with this! It never cakes up my face and all I do is wear it over my MAC concealer to get excellent coverage. I would buy this product again. It has lasted me all through winter and into summer. Love!!

on 6/25/2012 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I would give this a 4.5. It is a great powder foundation, probably the best I have ever tried (I have tried everything from revoln to Cle de peau ). Only reason I wouldn't give it 5 stars is because I have to reapply probably 2X a day, but I am very oily. I have been using this for 4-5 years on and off and always come back to it. I love that it can give light smooth coverage with a brush or concealer like coverage with the sponge. I also can set my under eye concealer with this and it doesn't irritate my eyes.
When I wear this powder people comment on how I have wonderful skin, and really it is blotchy with old acne marks...
I can't understand the bad reviews about breaking out though. I have really bad acne prone skin and this stuff has never bothered me, in fact I cleared up a bout of studiofix acne by using this again. I hope they didn't change the formula bc I am almost out and need to pick up a new compact.

This is so frustrating! I love the coverage of this product. I really do. And I love powedr foundations. I want to like this one. But even the lightest shade turns orange on me after a few hours. Very frustrating and disappointing :(

on 5/26/2012 4:41:00 PM

This broke me out. But I wasn't too bummed because I felt it just sat there on top of my skin and did nothing anyway. I don't miss it.

on 4/26/2012 12:09:00 PM

I have shine to my skin but my idea of foundation is this with a big powder brush. It doesn't make me break out. My only gripe is that all the shades seem to have a yellow tint to them. I wish they had a more neutral undertone.

on 4/25/2012 8:18:00 PM

I love the finish this foundation gives me. I originally purchased it because I had broken out pretty badly a couple of months ago and it did a great job in covering my blemishes when I applied it over my Lancolm Teint Miracle liquid foundation. Now I am on isotretinoin (accutane) and my skin is completely blemish-free (thank goodness!) and I still use and love this. Now I can just brush on a bit of this MUFE powder without any liquid foundation and my skin looks evened out (I have some small pigmentation from acne scars) and relatively flawless.

I think I will repurchase this product again...unless I can find a similar one without some of the harsh ingredients such as talc and fragrance because I think they make my face a tiny bit irritated (I don't feel any irritation but my face gets a slightly more red tone compared to my neck) when I use this...which is basically everyday.

Also, before I went on accutane my skin was fairly oily and this foundation did a great job in keeping my skin matte. It would last for about 6 hours before I needed to blot.

Coverage is medium. It does a good job in covering any pigmentation I have in that unless you are looking really close at my skin, you won't notice any unevenness.

on 4/24/2012 5:30:00 PM

I'm loving this stuff! It makes my skin look beautiful and flawless, without having to use that much. I get some *slight* shine, but really nothing bad at all compared to normal liquid foundation. My recommendation, though, is to try the shade you think is closest out on your face and neck and go into the daylight before buying. Sephora's lights are tricky.

on 3/21/2012 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

this product has super good coverage so be careful because if you put too much on you will look cakey and also this product is super good with people with oily skin and looks flawless so glad i tried because my color is a perfect match!

on 3/14/2012 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I use this to set my HD foundation. I apply it with a kabuki brush and it looks good. I have oily skin, so this provides a nice matte finish. I still have to use my oil blotting sheets throughout the day, but I find that the make up does last most of the day.