April 18, 2014 | 1930 users online

Powder - Make Up For Ever - Duo Mat Powder foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I'm loving this stuff! It makes my skin look beautiful and flawless, without having to use that much. I get some *slight* shine, but really nothing bad at all compared to normal liquid foundation. My recommendation, though, is to try the shade you think is closest out on your face and neck and go into the daylight before buying. Sephora's lights are tricky.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by missaelync

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this product has super good coverage so be careful because if you put too much on you will look cakey and also this product is super good with people with oily skin and looks flawless so glad i tried because my color is a perfect match!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by ltphoto97

I use this to set my HD foundation. I apply it with a kabuki brush and it looks good. I have oily skin, so this provides a nice matte finish. I still have to use my oil blotting sheets throughout the day, but I find that the make up does last most of the day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2012 9:01:00 AM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I want to give this a good rating because I absolutely LOVED it. I was able to build the perfect amount of coverage with it & it made my skin look absolutely beautiful, I looked like I had no flaws at all. Unfortunately, it broke me out in huge cysts. Now, I break out very easily from a lot of products because I am that sensitively acne prone, but as I am reading other reviews I can see that it has broken many people out also. I did at first think it was just my skin that couldn't handle it, I guess I wasn't the only one.

***UPDATE*** I previously had to give this a bad rating because of the way it broken me out(though I loved it dearly) but I can now give it the 5 that it deserves! I found a way to wear it beautifully without it breaking me out and I am once again loving it! I've been using it to set my MUFE foundations that I have been loving & using milk of magnesia as a primer has also helped me to wear this without breaking out. I am now a very happy woman :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Merde, another miss with powder foundation. I had such high hopes for this one, and although it didn't break me out like other ladies on here, it did make me shine like a disco ball. It goes on smooth and matte, but it won't be 2-3 hours before most of it has faded and I'm left with high shine. I even tried my industrial-strength mattifier (Shiseido Men) underneath, but nope, the oil still came through. Too bad, since shade 207 was sooo gorgeous on my skin, it made it look flawless. Too bad, I can't deal with the oily mess. I could cry.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Candieee

=(
UGH. I tried this & LOVED it. Its the only make up that matched my skin perfectly,it stayed matte (pretty much-Im very oily and work in high humidity) & even after oilier broke through it didn't look bad but omg
IT BROKE ME OUT SO BAD.
Like right now every square in of my face is covered in little tiny zits. I changed everything to make sure it wasn't anything else but the zits are just getting worse :{ I will update after a week of not using this & let you know if its for sure the make up but I'm like 99% sure it is. I never get tiny zits like this unless I used a product that doesn't agree with my skin.. Super bummed.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by glamglamglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was using this for about a week because I was under the delusion that I had super oily skin instead of relatively oily skin due to my primer. I switched from MAC Studio Fix over to this, and honestly preferred Studio Fix even though it broke me out. This was dry, powdery, made my pores look huge, etc. I've finally found my HG (so far) foundation in my life, Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation with the MUFE HD microfinishing powder on top (now THAT'S an amazing mattifying powder!), and it's flawless coverage without making me look like a cakey mess. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by almondeyed1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a lurker on MUA but I love this product so much that I had to review. I have combination/oily skin and have to deal with an extremely oily tzone on a everyday basis. I'm not into liquid foundations and strictly prefer powder formulas. I was using Clinique Perfectly Real Powder Foundation, (which is an awesome foundation, and I still use it at times) but I would get really oily on my tzone after 2.5 to 3 hours of wearing it and would get frustrated having to blot several times a day. I did research and found out about Duo Mat, and decided to give it a shot despite the price tag. The foundation gives a lovely flawless finish and keeps me matte for about 5.5 to 6 hours without blotting. For us oily girls that is truly a feat:). Even when I became oily, it was more of a sheen than a grease pit. My few gripes with the product is that they have a limited selection of darker shades. 214 matched me perfectly in the store, but at home its a tad bit red, and almost looks a little darker than my skin tone. Also for some strange reason I must have been extremely oily one day, because at the end of the day, my skin had a slight orange tint to it. I make sure to wear a primer whenever I wear it, and haven't had a problem since. The packaging is crappy, and they give little product for such an expensive amount (lost of a lippie). It is a full coverage foundation so make sure to have a light hand when brushing it on if you don't want an extremely made up face. I use a kabuki brush and after awhile, the color blends in perfectly with my skin tone and gives me a beautiful glow. It is expensive, but I have actually found a foundation that keeps me matte and flawless for a long period of time. Don't sleep on this ladies:).

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by natasha27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish this worked for me. I put it on, it matched my skin perfectly and gave me this smooth, luminous glow.

Delighted, I vainly admired my lovely skin...but alas...pride goes before a fall. In about three days, the acne started. Big, red zits that hurt and left scars. Aghast, I hoped this was just a fluke reaction. Well, no. More zits. All I needed was some Pearl Jam, My So-Called Life and angst to feel like a teenager again.

I returned it, a humbler and wiser person.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by rinaaaaax3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My go-to foundation. I have oily skin so I'm not a big fan of liquid foundation sliding all over my face plus I don't see the point in an extra step if you need a powder anyways to set the liquid. If you're looking for something quick with full coverage this is for you. I usually don't have the patience to sit there in the morning and blend my makeup for hours so this is perfect. This foundation needs minimal effort and has me looking good and matte for hours. I really haven't experienced any of the breakouts that other people are complaining about so the only downside is that it's a bit pricey ($32) but that hasn't stopped me from repurchasing it last week.