December 21, 2014 | 1890 users online

Mascara - Dior - Diorshow Black Out Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Sophieexx

I love this mascara! It gives so much volume in just one coat, and with two my lashes look beautiful! I honestly would buy any other mascara now apart from this one. I have had it for a little over two months now and it staying strong and still looks amazing, but the formula has definately gone past its best, however i still use this mascara daily and adore it! It doest go flaky or loose volume and doesn't smudge easily, i even went in the shower, and it stayed on perfectly, i was amazed! Overall a fabulous mascara :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Laiscg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great volumizing mascara! The brush is bigger than average, so it gets a lot of product on the eyelashes (it also always gets some product on the eyelid as well, that I have to clean after with a cotton bud, but that's fine with me). But it doesn't clump or stick the eyelashes together. No flaking either. It also tends to smear a bit if I sweat, but I don't mind as I think it's expected with the amount of mascara that I put whenever I use it ;-) Overall, it's perfect for those who like strong and dramatic eyelashes!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by nettiepoo

This is the worst mascara I've ever used. I read some reviews on Sephora.com that were comparing it to one of my faves (Lancome Hypnose Drama) So, I was hoping to find something comparible to it without it drying out so fast. I have tried layering it with other mascaras..a big no! nothing worked. The formula is awful and the wand does not completly screw into a locked position. I have medium long lashes and even when I curl them and use this product it's a big mess with clumping lashes together and not holding a curl.

Also, when taking this off at night there is thick black gel-like goo all under my eyes even after using eye mu remover. This was my first Dior purchase. I will be returning this for sure! Benefit They're Real mascara is a far superior product to this (I feel) I tend to use mascara with a dark black pigment and alot of volume and seperation,fyi. I hope this helps someone. I don't like to bash on these cosmetics products or anything in general, but I feel honest opinions in reviewing anything is needed. Esp since cosmetics can be very expensive. And, I feel paying this much for a product it should be perform adequetly.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by nick18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really had high hopes for this mascara but unforunetly it was a fail. I have decent lengthed lashes so I like alot of volume and drama, this gave great seperation and length barley any volume though even with the color being so dark still didnt give me the look I wanted. My lashes looked like thin sticks and to even add thickness you have to let coats dry which I hate.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2012 8:53:00 AM More reviews by rajah123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very very sensitive eyes, where some days I cannot wear eye make up, I have used this mascara for years and I really don't know why, it clumps and irritates my eyes, when I stopped using it my eyes were much better, now I am using a clinique mascara- Much better and Much cheaper! I have a brand new Diorshow Mascara in its box too :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't see anything special. For a quite expensive product, it should be much better. Also, it's very difficult to remove.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by irisng

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It's amazing and it's extremely dark and volumizes. It gives my eyelashes this extra length that wasn't there before. It's kind of expensive and it does dry out in time, but if you're looking for something that really brings out your eyelashes, this is it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by totallylove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is hands down the best mascara I'ved used for my thin, straight Asian lashes. I've tried many other high end mascaras and keep coming back to this. The brush is great and captures every lash while separating and defining them. It also holds a great curl and doesn't flake or smudge. There are probably better volumizing mascaras out there it you already have full lashes, but this one works great for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by sfbond

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wowsers! What a mascara. I've been blessed to have long full lashes and usually go light with my mascara. I use Clinique High Impact for daily use. But I was looking for an after 5 mascara without having to rely on false lashes. After reading review after review I went with Diorshow Black Out. Goodness gracious I wowed myself. This mascara gives me the blackest, darkest, fullest lashes without a monster brush (I have small eyes and some of these new mascara brushes are ridiculously huge). I decided to test it out during work hours to see if it was really noticeable or was I just fooling myself. I had more than one co-worker ask me if I had on falsies. This mascara also hangs after hours when I've been out dancing and sweating all night. One lippie off because this stuff is pricey. Ladies you need this in your makeup bag asap.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is much better than the original Diorshow. I never even considered buying this because of how many problems I had with Diorshow (flaking, couldn't hold a curl, smudging, etc.). But one of my friends uses this daily and loves it, so I decided to give it a try. It's really impressive, one of the better mascaras I've worn.

My lashes are already long but they're not thick at all, so I tend to buy volumizing formulas over any other kind. But this gave me both length and volume, which combined with the rich black color looks incredibly decadent. My lashes look very done up and intense. Perfect for me since I like that false eyelash look. I use about three coats and it builds up really well without clumping.

I didn't have any problems with flaking, smudging, or transfer. It wears all day long without pulling the curl out too. I was worried that such a heavy application would have me attacking my lashes with my makeup remover at night, but it washes off easily with my regular facial cleanser, The slender wand was easy to use and made application easy. The packaging is simple and classic. Overall this is a great mascara.