November 26, 2014 | 1435 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Black Out Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Laiscg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great volumizing mascara! The brush is bigger than average, so it gets a lot of product on the eyelashes (it also always gets some product on the eyelid as well, that I have to clean after with a cotton bud, but that's fine with me). But it doesn't clump or stick the eyelashes together. No flaking either. It also tends to smear a bit if I sweat, but I don't mind as I think it's expected with the amount of mascara that I put whenever I use it ;-) Overall, it's perfect for those who like strong and dramatic eyelashes!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by nettiepoo

This is the worst mascara I've ever used. I read some reviews on Sephora.com that were comparing it to one of my faves (Lancome Hypnose Drama) So, I was hoping to find something comparible to it without it drying out so fast. I have tried layering it with other mascaras..a big no! nothing worked. The formula is awful and the wand does not completly screw into a locked position. I have medium long lashes and even when I curl them and use this product it's a big mess with clumping lashes together and not holding a curl.

Also, when taking this off at night there is thick black gel-like goo all under my eyes even after using eye mu remover. This was my first Dior purchase. I will be returning this for sure! Benefit They're Real mascara is a far superior product to this (I feel) I tend to use mascara with a dark black pigment and alot of volume and seperation,fyi. I hope this helps someone. I don't like to bash on these cosmetics products or anything in general, but I feel honest opinions in reviewing anything is needed. Esp since cosmetics can be very expensive. And, I feel paying this much for a product it should be perform adequetly.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by nick18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really had high hopes for this mascara but unforunetly it was a fail. I have decent lengthed lashes so I like alot of volume and drama, this gave great seperation and length barley any volume though even with the color being so dark still didnt give me the look I wanted. My lashes looked like thin sticks and to even add thickness you have to let coats dry which I hate.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2012 8:53:00 AM More reviews by rajah123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very very sensitive eyes, where some days I cannot wear eye make up, I have used this mascara for years and I really don't know why, it clumps and irritates my eyes, when I stopped using it my eyes were much better, now I am using a clinique mascara- Much better and Much cheaper! I have a brand new Diorshow Mascara in its box too :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't see anything special. For a quite expensive product, it should be much better. Also, it's very difficult to remove.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by irisng

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It's amazing and it's extremely dark and volumizes. It gives my eyelashes this extra length that wasn't there before. It's kind of expensive and it does dry out in time, but if you're looking for something that really brings out your eyelashes, this is it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by totallylove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is hands down the best mascara I'ved used for my thin, straight Asian lashes. I've tried many other high end mascaras and keep coming back to this. The brush is great and captures every lash while separating and defining them. It also holds a great curl and doesn't flake or smudge. There are probably better volumizing mascaras out there it you already have full lashes, but this one works great for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by sfbond

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wowsers! What a mascara. I've been blessed to have long full lashes and usually go light with my mascara. I use Clinique High Impact for daily use. But I was looking for an after 5 mascara without having to rely on false lashes. After reading review after review I went with Diorshow Black Out. Goodness gracious I wowed myself. This mascara gives me the blackest, darkest, fullest lashes without a monster brush (I have small eyes and some of these new mascara brushes are ridiculously huge). I decided to test it out during work hours to see if it was really noticeable or was I just fooling myself. I had more than one co-worker ask me if I had on falsies. This mascara also hangs after hours when I've been out dancing and sweating all night. One lippie off because this stuff is pricey. Ladies you need this in your makeup bag asap.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is much better than the original Diorshow. I never even considered buying this because of how many problems I had with Diorshow (flaking, couldn't hold a curl, smudging, etc.). But one of my friends uses this daily and loves it, so I decided to give it a try. It's really impressive, one of the better mascaras I've worn.

My lashes are already long but they're not thick at all, so I tend to buy volumizing formulas over any other kind. But this gave me both length and volume, which combined with the rich black color looks incredibly decadent. My lashes look very done up and intense. Perfect for me since I like that false eyelash look. I use about three coats and it builds up really well without clumping.

I didn't have any problems with flaking, smudging, or transfer. It wears all day long without pulling the curl out too. I was worried that such a heavy application would have me attacking my lashes with my makeup remover at night, but it washes off easily with my regular facial cleanser, The slender wand was easy to use and made application easy. The packaging is simple and classic. Overall this is a great mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

ETA on 2/7/12: I still really, really love this mascara. It's still the best I've tried in terms of dramatically enhancing my lashes' length, volume, color, and curl. However, I'm reassigning it four stars rather than five. It's a quality product but it DOES get really thick and the formula can be difficult to work with. You have to apply this quickly and work FAST to play with it or remove any bit that accidentally gets on your skin. That's fine if I have time to do my mascara properly, however when I'm in a rush, I find myself skipping Blackout and reaching for something else instead. Also, I wish this left my lashes feeling a bit softer than it does. It doesn't make them crunchy like waterproof formulas, but I wish it kept them feeling super light and natural like Benefit Badgal, BE Flawless Definition Volumizing, and even several of Sephora Brand's offerings do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love this. I think I was fated to have this mascara, lol. It's the BEST I've tried!

I went to Sephora a few weeks ago to finally, finally try Lancome Hypnose Drama. A very nice but frazzled SA located a tube for me and I didn't realize until I got home that she'd given me the Waterproof version of HD. I tried it, liked the look, but wound up returning it a few days later. I just couldn't get past the fact that it took me a huge amount of time to remove Hypnose Drama each night, and I kept losing eyelashes in the process. I also didn't like how it made my lashes look and feel so stiff.

I walked into Sephora and decided I'd try some false eyelashes. Another SA who I'd worked with a few months before was there. I've always loved her eye makeup and I commented on how gorgeous hers looked. I mentioned that I was interested in getting false lashes like hers, and remarked that I was "giving into the fact that there's no dramatic mascara out there that can do what falsies seem to do." I was shocked when she told me she was allergic to lash glue and was, instead, wearing "a great primer and DiorShow Blackout."

Naturally, I had to get my hands on some, ASAP. She applied Blackout to one eye and I was blown away by the effect: My lashes looked jet black and a mile long, and the outer lashes were perfectly curled. I'm already a brunette with decent eyelashes to begin with, but Blackout made my natural lashes look paler and much shorter and sparser in comparison!

I've been thrilled with Blackout and have worn it nearly every day since my purchase two weeks ago. With my old favorite, Bare Escentuals Flawless Definition Volumizing, I felt that I "had" to wear eyeliner with it to make my mascara look better. I also felt like I must need a better eyelash curler, and that mine isn't up to par. With Blackout, I:

- Never use a primer
- Never curl my lashes
- Sometimes skip eyeliner altogether, on the days I'm super rushed

And my eye makeup always looks AMAZING! I've received many compliments lately that my lashes are long, pretty, sexy, and dramatic. That's with a quick two coats of Blackout and nothing else but eyeshadow to boot! And when I do wear eyeliner, my mascara looks even more dramatic and pin-up like, which I adore. I cannot imagine what would happen if I invested in a good eyelash primer and eyelash curler; I suspect the results would be over the top and amazing. But what I love about Blackout is that even without those things, I still get a fabulously lush, long, striking look with minimal clumping and smudging that lasts all day long.

I really think I may have found my HG here. I would be open to trying Diorshow Iconic and maaaaybe Chantecaille's offerings. But after experimenting with Chanel, Lancome, Bare Escentuals, MAC, and several drugstore brands, Diorshow Blackout is hands down my favorite formula thus far. It does take a tad bit getting used to. I have large eyes, so I don't find the brush to be that huge, but the first two or three times I tried it, I wound up with a bit of smudginess. Once you practice, Blackout can go on very easily, and you will be stunned at how it transforms and finishes any eye makeup look from subtle to sultry.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No