November 26, 2014 | 1196 users online

Fragrances - Valentino - Rock n Rose

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2007 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Joyc25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This may not be the most creative scent out there~ but none the less, it's a delicious smelling rose~ very sexy~ no old lady smell here~

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2007 6:07:00 PM More reviews by PissyMissyIsBack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Notes:
Bergamot, Black Currant, Crunch Green, Orange Blossom, Gardenia, Muguet, Rose, Sandalwood, Orris, Musky Notes, Vanilla, Heliotrope.

I bought this on a whim - I had tested it before but decided on something else at the time...but I just went back to it again & again. It's sweet and subtle but NOT Vera Wang Princess sweet! which is great for work for me.

it smells clean without being in usual clean-laundry fragrances - its a floral, but I don't detect the rose at all. it seems that I love the bergamot & black currant fragrances, but I also adore sandalwood & Vanilla when they are balanced with something. this seems to be a perfect mix. If you want something you can smell for hours on end and from a distance this isnt for you - if you want a close skin-scent then give this a try. the lotion is a nice pick-me-up as well. I bought a set that has bath gel, the fragrance and got a bottle of lotion for free (Macys) - $60. not bad in my opinion at all.

my fave fragrances are not heavy - typically I wear Cashmere Mist, Marc Jacobs Rain and Herve Leger Paris for evening.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2007 10:21:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

I, personally, really love this perfume. To me it smells different and unique (in a good way of course). It's not overwhelming nor strong. I find it very sensual and romantic! What I love about it is that in order to smell it one has to come close to me. It is quite expensive though which I wasn't too thrilled about. In addition, it does NOT have great staying power. But since I really adore the smell of this perfume and considering that this perfume's smell is unique, I will buy it again once finished.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2007 2:59:00 PM More reviews by stickman

I'm very surprised at all the bad reviews on this one. This is a very sweet, lovely floral. I don't think it's an everyday fragrance but I really like it and if you like florals, you will like this one. It is sweet though so beware of that. It doesn't smell cheap at all like some of the other florals.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2007 3:41:00 PM More reviews by ProductNymphet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I really love this scent. I don't think it's heavy in the least bit. Maybe it's body chemistry, but the scent doesn't smell musty on me at all. I've been on a quest to find a scent that doesn't offend me (most do) for a number of years and I've finally found one! I guess you have try this one out for yourself.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2007 10:56:00 AM More reviews by MeganCrawford

Loved it to begin with, but as someone else said, this has no staying power at all. Very disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2007 5:08:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Normally I don't like heavy, musky scents like this one, but somehow with the rose element, this really works for me. It seems more classic and romantic than the edgy way they are advertising this, IMO. I'd only wear this in the evening though, since it's heavy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2007 7:52:00 PM More reviews by catsrsmarterthandogs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This scent is a headach in a bottle. It's very pearcing to the nose, and super soapy smelling. Smells like generic bubble bath or hand soap...not a winner.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2007 12:21:00 PM More reviews by xMorningRosex

L'Oreal lipstick...only with no visual effect. Boring, pointless smell - I can't even pick out the rose - which was very disappointing as I love rose scents and was hoping to add this to my list :( Never mind, lighter on the purse I suppose.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2007 1:58:00 PM More reviews by girlybeachbum

I have 2 letters to describe this- eh. Very generic, like I've smelled the exact same thing 20 times. Plus, I don't really get a smell of rose in it. I expected a fresh new twist on a classic scent...and didn't find it here. Valentino should stick with dresses.