October 24, 2014 | 1736 users online

Eye Shadow - Everyday Minerals - In the Garden

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2008 6:14:00 PM More reviews by mlagirl

Well....I trusted the reviews when picking my EM eye shadow and I am disappointed this time. I can't make this look anything other than whorish on me. It is too dark, and I am toooooo pale.
Maybe I am doing something wrong. I apply it with a brush, and if I apply just a little, it is invisible, if I add more, it is suddenly way too dark. I usually use just one shadow all over my lids, to a little above the crease. I tried applying with a swipper cotton swab, but that is painful. The granules in this stuff are sharp!
I am back to my formerly HG Maybelline Dream Mousse shadow in Suede. I would love to find a similar shade in EM, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2008 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Ninsun

Absolutely beautiful colour, looks boring cold grey-brown in the pot but transforms magically when it goes on to a soft yet defined dark beige-brown with a subtle but not invisible golden-slightly greenish shimmer.
I am blond with blue eyes and have had trouble creating the "smoky eye", getting a harsh look every time making me look like I stepped out of the grave. This eye shadow have just the right darknes for "the blonde smokey eye" and it makes my blue pop! Love it:)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2008 4:21:00 PM More reviews by moon8305

This is so beautiful. On me it's a cool bronzey-olive with a good amount of shimmer but without looking like a disco ball. I usually use it as an eyeliner or as a twist on the typical smokey eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2008 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Kamicha

This is great bronze shade! The base is not reddish brown, as usual in bronze shades, but smoky, grayish brown. With beautiful bronze sheen the effect is buildable from light bronze sheen to deep vibrant taupe (phew, I've never thought that I'd use "vibrant" to describe taupe =)) and very wearable to many skin tones and eye colors. Try it as a liner, too.

Click continued> to see some EDM eye shadow samples (including In the Garden) on skin. The base shade and sheen colour can be easily distinguished in the picture.

continued >>

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2008 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Iliana_corey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Wow, wow, wow. What an universally flattering color. It makes my hazel eyes pop and they look lighter and brighter. I finally found a way to get the perfect yet subtle smokey eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2008 7:29:00 PM More reviews by dee000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this color! The description on the website is accurate, a beautiful shimmery dark antique bronze color. It is my favorite dark brown eye shadow! It wears well over my UDPP and lasts all day without creasing. Beautiful as an eyeliner as well. I got this for very cheap in the EDM mini eyeshadow kit and I will definitely repurchase when I run out, but that won't be for a long time because even the mini size will last awhile!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2008 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Christmaself55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this eyeshadow. It's very true to colour and you can make it darker to your pleasing. I want to say that everyday minerals surprises me with how many products I like of theirs. I also like that the eyeshadow comes out a little bit because the foundation jars keeping spewing out too much powder. AH! Mess. I would definetely try it because it's such a pretty colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2008 5:58:00 PM More reviews by e_beth

My favourite eyeshadow. I use this every day! Just lovely! Makes my blue eyes POP.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2008 11:28:00 AM More reviews by jennreynolds8777

Initially, In the Garden was not the eye shadow that I had selected to purchase, I wanted to get Starry Eyed. Starry Eyed was temporarily out of stock, so I went with In the Garden since it looked close in color to Starry Eyed on the web page. All I can say is thank goodness for that out of stock situation, because I love, love, love my In the Garden! It is a beautiful, rich, coppery silver color. The combination of silver and copper is unexpected but totally wearable. It is actually very beautiful when applied and would make a great eye shadow for a date night. This is my new favorite shade of eye shadow for evening-it is a mysterious and completely charming color that is simply smashing!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2008 6:28:00 PM More reviews by jewelzfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

beautiful color! Works great as an eyeliner by applying wet with a slanted brush. It also has the slightest golden sparkle that is just right.