November 26, 2014 | 1812 users online

Fragrances - Lavanila - Pure Vanilla

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2008 10:57:00 AM More reviews by AlmaStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gosh, I love this. After lurking around Sephora for samples of this (for months!) I finally broke down and bought a bottle. It's been the best purchase, but I can't stomach it in warm weather. However, as soon as it turns colder I absolutely CRAVE this scent. It's like vanilla by a fireplace for me. The best thing about this scent is the way that it lingers. I love that when I use a straightening iron to striaghten my hair the day after washing it, this scent lifts off of my hair. I really do think it has different properties than other commercial perfumes. Great for the holidays! And lots of compliments from boys...

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2008 3:24:00 PM More reviews by BackinStOlaf

I was interested in trying a vanilla fragrance. I made the mistake of applying this in Seophora right before I was getting on my hour long train ride to go home. I felt so sick the entire ride. This stuff is so strong and it almost smells like vanilla mixed with cigarette ashes on me. Maybe it will work on someone else, but it is awful on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2008 10:14:00 AM More reviews by MissChocoholic

My favorite out of the line....although I do love and have them all. As a previous reviewer had mentioned, this reminds me very much of Pink Sugar and maybe with a tad more vanilla/caramel. Very simple, yet great for any occasion and all year round, IMO. A very well rounded scent...it also helps that it's not as harmful as other fragrances on the market.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2008 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Shwets

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A foody vanilla without the caramel/toffee/boozy notes.
To my nose it is more of a vanilla scent found in cakes/cookies. This scent lasts incredibly long.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2008 7:01:00 PM More reviews by darkhoney

I smelled this fabulous fragrance wafting off of my very natural-product-loving friend. I scoffed as she told me how it was "so natural, full of vitamins...with gogi berries...it's so healthy for your skin!". I don't expect my fragrances to be healthy, just to smell good! And what is a gogi berry?! I have smelled many natural vanilla essences, essential oils, vanilla beans, and vanilla frags, but this one truly stands alone. I was looking for the one with gogi berries, but have learned months later that it was Pure Vanilla she was wearing: they all have gogi berries! I was suprised to see that this scent has fresia as I tend to not like it. It is an all weather oriental, simple, fresh without being harsh (thank you patchouli), delicious, but not too sweet.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2008 3:25:00 AM More reviews by greenheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I just bought a bottle of pure vanilla yesterday after hearing good comments on the Lavanila vanilla and not to mention the healthy ingredients. I do not know which one is better smelling, pure vanilla or vanilla coconut, both I am interested in. I sniffed both at Sephora. Vanilla coconut smells like coconut being "iced" to me. The sweetness I expected wasn't there at all, and its smell is barely in the air. So it gives me an first impression of coconut being in the cold. Since a welcome smell is what I am going for with this fragrance, pure vanilla is what I took home. At the first sniff, I really like its naturally warm scent. Like some reviewers noted, I do smell patchouli. Maybe it's because I've been sniffing my wrist like every 5 second trying to catch something in the vanilla scent, I think the patchouli sort of blends in with the natural vanilla bean scent. And very rarely do I smell any other notes other than the vanilla. I have not decide whether it is a winter or summer scent to me, though I am thinking more of the winter because vanilla smells very complex and deep to me. It hasn't beaten D&G Light Blue for being my daily scent, so I think one bottle 50ml will last me a long while. Packaging is very elegant! Very good ingredients that do no harm to human, so it's better if they use recycled paper that's also friendly to the environment. I will keep looking for more in this line.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2008 12:47:00 AM More reviews by gerrylee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was very disappointed when I used this. It reminds me of a restroom soap or air freshener. La Maison de la Vanille makes a nicer vanilla.

Update: I layer this with the coconut and it helps cut down the sharp berry smell from the coconut.

EDIT:
This is growing on me. I like it now. It took awhile to get over the restroom soap reminder. Its an unoffensive subtle scent. Have changed my ratings.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2008 12:26:00 PM More reviews by nikid

This was way too heavy on the patchouli for me, which is a shame because I really wanted a pure, natural vanilla scent to love. The packaging is lovely and the ingredients are definitely something to smile about.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2008 11:25:00 PM More reviews by rosieee

This is such a beautiful vanilla smell! I have the rollerball and it is the perfect price and size...I have rec'd many compliments on this! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2008 3:28:00 AM More reviews by reihasama

Very sweet, floral vanilla extract type fragrance. The vanilla base used is very much along the lines of CSP, sweet and sugary. I've discovered that this is an excellent dupe of my beloved iPDF Vaniglia del Madagascar, for a lower price and easier to find, too.