April 20, 2014 | 1806 users online

Fragrances - Lavanila - Pure Vanilla

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2008 10:14:00 AM More reviews by MissChocoholic

My favorite out of the line....although I do love and have them all. As a previous reviewer had mentioned, this reminds me very much of Pink Sugar and maybe with a tad more vanilla/caramel. Very simple, yet great for any occasion and all year round, IMO. A very well rounded scent...it also helps that it's not as harmful as other fragrances on the market.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2008 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Shwets

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A foody vanilla without the caramel/toffee/boozy notes.
To my nose it is more of a vanilla scent found in cakes/cookies. This scent lasts incredibly long.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2008 7:01:00 PM More reviews by darkhoney

I smelled this fabulous fragrance wafting off of my very natural-product-loving friend. I scoffed as she told me how it was "so natural, full of vitamins...with gogi berries...it's so healthy for your skin!". I don't expect my fragrances to be healthy, just to smell good! And what is a gogi berry?! I have smelled many natural vanilla essences, essential oils, vanilla beans, and vanilla frags, but this one truly stands alone. I was looking for the one with gogi berries, but have learned months later that it was Pure Vanilla she was wearing: they all have gogi berries! I was suprised to see that this scent has fresia as I tend to not like it. It is an all weather oriental, simple, fresh without being harsh (thank you patchouli), delicious, but not too sweet.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2008 3:25:00 AM More reviews by greenheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I just bought a bottle of pure vanilla yesterday after hearing good comments on the Lavanila vanilla and not to mention the healthy ingredients. I do not know which one is better smelling, pure vanilla or vanilla coconut, both I am interested in. I sniffed both at Sephora. Vanilla coconut smells like coconut being "iced" to me. The sweetness I expected wasn't there at all, and its smell is barely in the air. So it gives me an first impression of coconut being in the cold. Since a welcome smell is what I am going for with this fragrance, pure vanilla is what I took home. At the first sniff, I really like its naturally warm scent. Like some reviewers noted, I do smell patchouli. Maybe it's because I've been sniffing my wrist like every 5 second trying to catch something in the vanilla scent, I think the patchouli sort of blends in with the natural vanilla bean scent. And very rarely do I smell any other notes other than the vanilla. I have not decide whether it is a winter or summer scent to me, though I am thinking more of the winter because vanilla smells very complex and deep to me. It hasn't beaten D&G Light Blue for being my daily scent, so I think one bottle 50ml will last me a long while. Packaging is very elegant! Very good ingredients that do no harm to human, so it's better if they use recycled paper that's also friendly to the environment. I will keep looking for more in this line.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2008 12:47:00 AM More reviews by gerrylee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was very disappointed when I used this. It reminds me of a restroom soap or air freshener. La Maison de la Vanille makes a nicer vanilla.

Update: I layer this with the coconut and it helps cut down the sharp berry smell from the coconut.

EDIT:
This is growing on me. I like it now. It took awhile to get over the restroom soap reminder. Its an unoffensive subtle scent. Have changed my ratings.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2008 12:26:00 PM More reviews by nikid

This was way too heavy on the patchouli for me, which is a shame because I really wanted a pure, natural vanilla scent to love. The packaging is lovely and the ingredients are definitely something to smile about.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2008 11:25:00 PM More reviews by rosieee

This is such a beautiful vanilla smell! I have the rollerball and it is the perfect price and size...I have rec'd many compliments on this! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2008 3:28:00 AM More reviews by reihasama

Very sweet, floral vanilla extract type fragrance. The vanilla base used is very much along the lines of CSP, sweet and sugary. I've discovered that this is an excellent dupe of my beloved iPDF Vaniglia del Madagascar, for a lower price and easier to find, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2008 1:38:00 AM More reviews by Redmosaic

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have decided to try to use more of the natural type products so Lavanila has really appealed to me. I have been an Angel nut ( and still love it) but decided to switch over to this mostly due to the ingredients being better. the scent is not as heady as Angel, probably perfect for warmer weather. It has a pure simmering rich warm vanilla scent that wafts up and softly cradles my face and then fades, only to unexpectedly drift up again later.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2008 8:46:00 PM More reviews by stingrae1625

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just tried a sample of this from Sephora and I have one thing to say: NO LIKEY!!! I looooove vanilla based smells (i'm famous for them at work), but this stuff didn't show up on me as vanilla at ALL. it had a gross old lady smell on my skin. I actually broke down and used toner (yes, toner) to scrub it off my wrists because i disliked it so much. i'm disappointed because i LOOOOOOOOOOVE the vanilla coconut and I also am really enjoying my sample of vanilla blossom. i've also got the vanilla grapefruit, but that's going back because the grapefruit disappears on me after about 5 mins and then the scent is pleasant but verrrry faint. the pure vanilla smells great in the bottle, just not on my body chemistry so i couldn't be too cruel with my ratings, but if i had to rate it ON me, i'd give it a 1. UPDATE 5/12/08:: I should mention that I have since given my sample to a coworker and it smells DIVINE on her! I'm jealous....but alas, we can't change our chemical makeups...I had given it 3 lippies but I changed it to 4 after smelling it on her.