November 24, 2014 | 1789 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Revlon - Makeup Eraser Pen

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by mimi682

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product!! It is a must have for your makeup case. I use this to clean up the little marks after applying mascara. If I happen to blink and get eyelash marks of mascara under my eyes. Just a little swipe of this and its gone!! It is kinda oily not dry erase pen so be sure to use a tissue or Q-tip as I prefer to clean it up, works everytime. I also wipe the end off with a tisses or towel so next time you use it the tip is clean!! I will never be without this pen!! :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2008 5:05:00 AM More reviews by Shattered_Amara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Saying Abracadabra before use may not help, but having realistic expectations sure might.

Much like a real eraser mistakes don’t effortlessly go poof, like magic!!! It takes a little work, but it is so much less work then my previous method, which was…Wrap eye make-up remover pad around the head of a round or pointed q-tip depending on problem dab and gently rub hopefully without inflicting pain. Remember kids, pointy q-tips are not for amateurs. ;) So despite the utter revulsion I have for Revlon (long OT story) I sucked it up in hopes of an easier less time consuming method that might also be more cost effective because pointy q-tips cost about $2.00 for 50 -100 (depending on brand) while regular ones cost about $4-$5 for 500.

So I tried it and w/ a little trial and error and far less Q-tips (usually only 1, 2 max as opposed to 3-6 w/ previous method) combined with being a fan of eyeliner tastefully applied to get a cat-eye look, I became quite attached to it and now consider it an essential product. You just have to take the time to be careful with it and dab the oil residue afterwards, but it once again takes way less time then what I was doing. Also I’ve seen some complaints about the oil and I honestly don’t believe it would work as well and painlessly w/o it.

Really want to give it a 4.5, but not an option. The only improvement I might suggest is a thinner tip.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2008 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Murgie21

For me, this is a must in your mobile make-up bag. It removes eye makeup without a problem. Just to note, you should always carry either q-tips or cotton balls with it to help with removing the residue. I am definitely going to buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2008 10:59:00 AM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I carry this and some cotton buds around with me in my makeup bag to clean up smudged eye makeup. I pencil this over my waterproof eye makeup (which it removes easily) and then use a cotton bud to clean up the residue. I love the convenience of this pen and prefer it over eye makeup remover liquid for minor clean-up jobs.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2008 8:07:00 AM More reviews by Aligirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Sort of on the fence about this..Really wish the reviews section had a "maybe" option for "Would you buy this product again" While the product truly does work, it removes everything it touches so if you're using this on your upper lid, not only will it clean up the eyeliner or mascara mistake but it removes the e/s that was there too..So you'll have to touch up after you've cleaned up.Product leaves a slightly oily residue also..I usually go back over with a Qtip to clean off the oil then retouch the area.I suppose it's better then having to redo the eye completely

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2008 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Susanner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've had this eraser pen for several months and I would not be without it. Yes, it leaves a little bit of residue behind...that's why its more effective than a Q-tip. It also has a decent slanted hard tip so that you can get into tight places like the lash line. Like someone mentioned below, I just rub the "residue", which is not offensive, into the skin or use a corner of a tissue to blott it off...no big deal. It's so great for taking care of mascara mistakes...just use a light hand. It works great on WP mascara mistakes and is better than scrubbing them of with a clean mascara wand which is what the MAC people have suggested to me several times when I've asked. It's worth a try for the girls who hate the black specks that many people walk around with all day long.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2008 8:36:00 PM More reviews by sanckensmom

This product DID erase mistakes, BUT left an oily residue behind, and I had to use a q-tip to clean it up ....total waste of money...before I had a chance to toss this, the tip just fell off while using..what a gimmick!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2008 8:08:00 PM More reviews by katenabi

It works alright, but leaves an oily residue, so you need to go over it with a q-tip. Also, you have to be sure to wipe it after uses or you'll just blend a ton of old colors together in a huge mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2008 1:11:00 AM More reviews by cseuthe

This product is magic--ok, that might be a bit of an exaggeration but I really do love it. It is a very effective way of cleaning up your eye area after applying mascara or erasing other minor make-up mistakes. It is precise and very easy to use. The one downside is you usually have to use a q-tip to dry up the area after using the pen. Still, it is a fantastic invention that I always need in my makeup collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2008 12:06:00 PM More reviews by 1BeeBee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Now this is a great product! I needed it more when I was using bad mascara, but it is a handy addition to the make-up bag. The Revlon Make-up Eraser is a pen that you use around your eyes to remove mistakes from mascara, liner, and shadow. Gently dab the mistake away, you don`t have to rub hard. Just lightly wipe the tip on a tissue after each use and use it as needed. It is especially good for the inner eye rim because it is very soft and non-irritating. I experimented with it to see how much it would remove, and I was very pleased. Just smoothe the liquid that is left behind into your skin and that`s that. I didn`t need to reapply make-up, but that will depend on how much wiping you do. It is so much better than smearing colored eye shadow and mascara into your make-up... or making your skin red from rubbing it. This is a keeper for me.