Burt's Bees Peach and Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub

3.0

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Grapeseed Oil, Stearic Acid (Vegetable Fat), Vegetable Glycerin, Peach Stone, Coconut Oil, Sodium Borate (Natural Borax), Fragrance, Willowbark Extract, Glucose (Sugar), Chamomile Extract, Goldenseal Extract, Hawaiian Ginger Extract, Bladderwrack Extract, Xanthan Gum (Natural Thickener), Sucrose Stearate (Sugar Emulsifier), Glucose Oxidase & Lactoperoxidase (Natural Preservative).

on 1/30/2010 11:08:00 PM

I love Burt's Bees products, just not this one. This left a waxy film on my skin and it really irritated my sensitive skin. just not a good product.

on 1/27/2010 10:28:00 PM

I like this scrub. I use it on wet skin before my cleanser, remove with a flannel then cleanse. That makes sure the waxy feel doesn't remain on your face. It smells lovely and does reaveal nice bright skin after gentle use

on 1/8/2010 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I bought this on ebay, as I wasn't prepared to pay full price for this without testing it out first. I'm glad I didn't pay full price. I find myself having to wash my face with cleanser again after using this, as it leaves a horrible waxy film on my face. The granules are big, and seem to be quite effective when I use a larger amount on my face. My skin feels softer, and maybe looks a little brighter, but nothing amazing. There seems to be more waxy emolient, compared to granules. So I ended using up the whole tube within a month, while scrubbing my face twice a week. Overall, I think St Ives does a better job at clearing up oily skin, and it lasts much longer.

on 12/26/2009 8:48:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I used this after washing my face with my HG spectro cleanser. I really liked the texture and how natural it smells. The peach helped moisturize and the willow helped. I will use natural products like this which are free of parabens like icky st. Ives. I would not recommend this scrub to anyone with oily skin though.

on 12/14/2009 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product isn't bad however I really don't think that it well enough as an exfoliator (since I only exfoliate once a week as opposed to daily). I ended up mixing a teeny bit of St. Ives peach scrub with this when I use it. The one very odd thing about this product is that it leaves a weird film all over your face. I don't thing it has been clogging my pores or anything but recently I've started using my regular cleaser after the scrub just as a precaution. Oh I actually love the way this scrub smells. I won't be purchasing this again because my other exfoliator was better and I want to try something new.

on 11/23/2009 7:39:00 PM

Smells incredible but did nothing for my somewhat oily skin aside from make it worse :( Will not repurchase.

on 11/23/2009 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

When I purchased this I had originally been looking for their other facial scrub that comes in a glass jar. Could not find it so after reading the ingredients on the back of this one, decided to purchase. I think it was around $7? Don't quote me though.

I tried using this on my face but unfortunately after one use it caused cystic acne (though I'm prone to breakouts, so it may not do that to you if your skin is not as sensitive). I then tried this on my legs, to exfoliate before shaving. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU DON'T DO THIS.

It does leave a film, and in my experience there are two kinds of "films" that a product can leave on your skin. There's the good kind, that doesn't feel nice, but is only left over because it's meant to moisturize. And then there's the bad kind, that flakes after maybe an hour. This product falls under that last category. My razor was so clogged with junk after shaving only one side of one leg, that I had to change razors.

The "beads" are very large and few and far between. They are more like broken bits of something than they are round.

I would not recommend this product. It is very hard for me to give a Burt's Bee's product such a low rating, but this stuff is junk. Make a home made sugar scrub, it works far better and there's no risk of reaction.

I saw this product at my CVS and absolutely HAD to buy it. It's all natural and smelled light and flowery. Immediately after using this scrub my skin was super super soft and satiny which I loved. However, after using this product for about two weeks, my acne sprung out of control all over my face. So I stopped using this and went back to my old regimen. Recently, I started using Proactive (which is amazing, highly recommend) and the harsh chemicals made my skin burn and peel a lot. So I started using this scrub twice a week in place of the Proactive three step system and couldn't be happier with the results. This scrub exfoliates away all my flakiness and leaves my skin soft and moisturized. So I gave this product 4 lippies as it doesn't do much for clearing pimples. I would reccomend this scrub once or twice a week before you go to bed in place of your nightly regimen for AMAZING results

on 8/22/2009 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

As much as I love Burt's Bees, I was disappointed with this face scrub. It feels nice when you are scrubbing your skin with it, but it leaves a greasy residue on my face. I always have to use another cleanser after this one to wash off the film it leaves behind. Maybe this would be okay for people with dry skin, but with my acne-prone skin I am afraid that I would breakout if I left the film on my skin. It smells nice and natural and does exfoliate, but I won't be buying this again.

on 8/8/2009 7:30:00 AM

This reminds me of the old Aapri Apricot Scrub. The exfoliating granules are way to large and abrasive. It is hard to rinse off. I have to use another cleanser to get it off, which is ok. Does not just rinse off. In my opinion, it's just not effective. Maybe as a cleansing cream minus the granules it would be a good makeup remover, but that's it.

Of course I love that it is natural, and appreciate Burts Bees sticking to their guns by staying natural. The fragrance is nice. At least the packaging keeps your fingers out.

It was used and now sits in my closet with my other disappointments.