Burt's Bees Peach and Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub

3.0

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Grapeseed Oil, Stearic Acid (Vegetable Fat), Vegetable Glycerin, Peach Stone, Coconut Oil, Sodium Borate (Natural Borax), Fragrance, Willowbark Extract, Glucose (Sugar), Chamomile Extract, Goldenseal Extract, Hawaiian Ginger Extract, Bladderwrack Extract, Xanthan Gum (Natural Thickener), Sucrose Stearate (Sugar Emulsifier), Glucose Oxidase & Lactoperoxidase (Natural Preservative).

on 2/25/2010 11:50:00 PM

I did like this at first, the scent was pleasant, very peachy. But after a while, the grains felt too harsh on my skin, and then it felt like it wasn't doing much in making my face feel clean. Maybe that was just me, but I won't be using this scrub again.

on 2/10/2010 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

The first few weeks I used this product, I loved it. It left my skin feeling very clean and refreshed. However, at a certain point (perhaps my skin got "used" to it or something) it seemed to no longer be doing much. Not a bad product, but St. Ives scrub may be a better choice. Also, this does not bother me, but it actually has a bit of a "dirty" smell (that is- it smells like dirt, kind of). I assume this is because of the Willowbark.

on 2/8/2010 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

First of all...I would like to say that if you are looking for a St.Ives apricot scrub replacement..THIS IS NOTHING LIKE IT!!! I really like burts bees products...and I love that they are natural. They are very easy to get a hold of...and are USUALLY at a reasonable price...
I've been using the herbal blemish stick for about 4 months now (had 3 tubes) and I quite like it. Ive been looking at the Peach and Willowbark scrub for a while now but couldn't bring myself to pay 8 bucks for a 4oz tube!!! But I finally did.
So far..it's an ok product...many people are complaining about the "waxy" feel...it goes away when you dry off your face and leaves your Face feeling moisturized. The texture didn't really bother me..but if you like that squeeky clean feeling...I wouldn't reccomend this product to you.
The exfoliating beads (peach stone) are coarse..but don't irritate my skin...people have also been complaining about there not being enough beads for exfoliating..I beg to differ...if you have acne prone skin..exfoliating can be quite harsh and very irritating and cause you to break out! This product has enough beads in it to exfoliate without irritating your acne! Which is GREAT!
Is this helping my acne? Havent noticed a huge difference..but I've only used the product once a week for 2 weeks..so far...
It hasn't broken me out though either...which is a big plus :)
st. Ives started to break me out..but I wasn't looking for a st. Ives dupe,..

To sum things up: good product...gentle on acne...moisturizing...doesn't clog pores...exfoliates well.

Will update if anything changes. :)

on 1/30/2010 11:08:00 PM

I love Burt's Bees products, just not this one. This left a waxy film on my skin and it really irritated my sensitive skin. just not a good product.

on 1/27/2010 10:28:00 PM

I like this scrub. I use it on wet skin before my cleanser, remove with a flannel then cleanse. That makes sure the waxy feel doesn't remain on your face. It smells lovely and does reaveal nice bright skin after gentle use

on 1/8/2010 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I bought this on ebay, as I wasn't prepared to pay full price for this without testing it out first. I'm glad I didn't pay full price. I find myself having to wash my face with cleanser again after using this, as it leaves a horrible waxy film on my face. The granules are big, and seem to be quite effective when I use a larger amount on my face. My skin feels softer, and maybe looks a little brighter, but nothing amazing. There seems to be more waxy emolient, compared to granules. So I ended using up the whole tube within a month, while scrubbing my face twice a week. Overall, I think St Ives does a better job at clearing up oily skin, and it lasts much longer.

on 12/26/2009 8:48:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I used this after washing my face with my HG spectro cleanser. I really liked the texture and how natural it smells. The peach helped moisturize and the willow helped. I will use natural products like this which are free of parabens like icky st. Ives. I would not recommend this scrub to anyone with oily skin though.

on 12/14/2009 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product isn't bad however I really don't think that it well enough as an exfoliator (since I only exfoliate once a week as opposed to daily). I ended up mixing a teeny bit of St. Ives peach scrub with this when I use it. The one very odd thing about this product is that it leaves a weird film all over your face. I don't thing it has been clogging my pores or anything but recently I've started using my regular cleaser after the scrub just as a precaution. Oh I actually love the way this scrub smells. I won't be purchasing this again because my other exfoliator was better and I want to try something new.

on 11/23/2009 7:39:00 PM

Smells incredible but did nothing for my somewhat oily skin aside from make it worse :( Will not repurchase.

on 11/23/2009 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

When I purchased this I had originally been looking for their other facial scrub that comes in a glass jar. Could not find it so after reading the ingredients on the back of this one, decided to purchase. I think it was around $7? Don't quote me though.

I tried using this on my face but unfortunately after one use it caused cystic acne (though I'm prone to breakouts, so it may not do that to you if your skin is not as sensitive). I then tried this on my legs, to exfoliate before shaving. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU DON'T DO THIS.

It does leave a film, and in my experience there are two kinds of "films" that a product can leave on your skin. There's the good kind, that doesn't feel nice, but is only left over because it's meant to moisturize. And then there's the bad kind, that flakes after maybe an hour. This product falls under that last category. My razor was so clogged with junk after shaving only one side of one leg, that I had to change razors.

The "beads" are very large and few and far between. They are more like broken bits of something than they are round.

I would not recommend this product. It is very hard for me to give a Burt's Bee's product such a low rating, but this stuff is junk. Make a home made sugar scrub, it works far better and there's no risk of reaction.