Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain

2.8

Water, Ascorbyl Glucoside, VP/Methacrylamide/Vinyl Imidazole Copolymer, Alcohol Denatured, Fragrance, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, 1,2 Hexanediol/Caprylyl Glycol, Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 5 (CI 11680), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Octyldodecanol, Polybutene, Polyethylene, Synthetic Beeswax, Mica, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Lecithin, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, Benzoic Acid

on 10/8/2011 12:48:00 AM

this stuff is so horrible. it dried up in only 2 days and the color just sits on the edges or lines of your lips. worst thing i ever tried.
i found it at the dollar store but its honestly not even worth a dollar.
i got it in lust which is a brownish color. on one good hand, the lip balm is nice.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Awful product, despite buying a fully sealed, never tested product the stain part seemed dry from the start and was almost unusable within two days. The stain itself seemed to hardly stick to my lips and instead clung to the edges, leaving me with a really terrible 'hot pink lipliner naked rest of lip' look. It's basically unwearable which is a shame as it isn't cheap. Benefit's Posietint is better, as are the Bourjois High Tech water-based Lip Tints.

on 9/22/2011 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This lip stain is amazing! I like the felt tip applicator (reminds me of a marker, heehee) but the color really stays put! I got lust, for no understandable reason. It's a dark reddish brown, and I'm NW20 skin.... so that didn't make any sense but I still love it! It's actually a pretty color, gives the red "wow" effect but not too much! Plus, the staying power! Lasts 8+ hours (depending on what your doing) And the balm makes ur newly stained lips super soft. Man, Jessica Biel wasnt lying in that commercial. if i could kiss my own lips I would lol.

on 9/21/2011 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

This product was great the first time that I used it. By the second use (later that day) it was dried out and would not work again. Terrible!

on 9/19/2011 9:15:00 PM

This product is ok, not the best quality of colors and leaves residue on your lips from the pen. The balm stick breaks way to easily.

on 9/5/2011 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

well. stain was dried-just like Cover Girl's and Maybelline's, plus the added cost.
the balm portion came off the first time
if you want to try it and are allowed to return go ahead and buy, the colors are pretty
me...no it wil not be bought again

I wish I could find a good brand for this. To me it's a great solution for work

on 9/5/2011 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm surprised at all the negative comments with this product, but maybe it's mostly from those who've never used a lipstain before. I've only used one other kind before, a Maybelline one, and it worked okay. I can understand the magic marker effect that so many people seem to experience, but I think it's all about choosing the right color for your skin tone. It took me a while to choose 'Dawn' since I wasn't really sure about the color. It was the lightest one and looked okay from the package, but I still worried about it being a weird rust color, but it's not. It turned out to be a lovely peachy/pink/rose that's just a few shades darker than my natural lip color. The color goes on fairly easily and smoothly and the balm is nice because it's not too heavy or shiny (and is unscented!). I would recommend this to anyone fair-skinned because it makes your lips stand out and look full without really seeming like you're wearing anything. Give this one a try if you've had a bad experience with darker colors and I think you'll be pleased.

on 9/4/2011 9:03:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got this first in Flame which was a bad experience: 1) the color looked like a combination of crazy clown/old lady lipstick lips; 2) the balm stick was broken off at the root, similar to the experience that kiimuu had, and as she found out, it's unfixable because the balm stick doesn't swivel up. which is a design flaw. So i took it back to CVS and exchanged it for the color Dawn, which is a pale-ish pink on the outer tube packaging but goes on a darker pinkish-salmon-cherry. (Rule of thumb: colors go on much darker from the "magic marker" than how the translucent tube displays.) Not a bad color, not what i expected, but it's unique in a very good way, so this one is a keeper. I just hope I can keep the balm from breaking off.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

maybe i was unlucky with the color i chose. the main thing to know about these is getting the color right. the balm is pretty moisturizing however. might just use it as a lip balm.

imo, it was a waste of money.

on 8/30/2011 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I just bought this, and i love the staying power and the color. However, it seems people have been saying that it dries out fast. soo ill do an upated review after a few weeks to see if it held up.

EDIT: That was such a shame. It did dry out. That sucks, i had thought i found a lip stain that worked. It was amazing, the one time it worked. off to try other lipstains =( the color was perfect though T_T