July 29, 2014 | 1520 users online

Other - Omega 3 supplement

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2008 10:50:00 PM More reviews by ishbeth

OMG!! This is the Best thing EVER! I've been taking Omega 3 Fish Oil Pills for over a year. Before that i used to have such dry hair and brittle nails but not anymore. My face is radiant, my hair is fabulous and my nails are amazing. I will continue to take these for life!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2008 8:36:00 AM More reviews by al82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

any other acne prone ladies out there feel that omega 3 capsules make their acne worse or just me?maybe ill give them another shot....

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2008 12:48:00 AM More reviews by JacquelynHunter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Although I don't have dramatic results when I take these pills, I feel healthier and I think I look a little "healthier". My skin is slightly more glowy, my nails seem stronger, my knees pop less (which used to be a problem for me being a dancer), and my body acne is almost gone. Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2008 10:01:00 PM More reviews by apk2

For the reviewer below that thinks eating fish oils may possibly only bring about a placebo effect, I can definately counter that argument with personal experience. Also because I study health sciences and work at GNC and have heard nothing but happy customers who buy our Omega 369.

I have suffered from severe eczema on my cheeks for 2 years now. It came up all of a sudden out of nowhere when I was in my second year of university. At first my doctor diagnosed it as herpes because of the weeping sores, but no matter what kind of medication for herpes I was on (eg. Valtrex, Zovirax, and a few others) it would never have any effect on improving my skin from the crazily itchy sores. After going to many doctors/dermatologists, I decided for myself I was tired of every doctor telling me something different. Most of the doctors told me it was not herpes and was eczema and that relieved me a bit but I was determined to find a way to make the sores go away. I refused to accept the scars they would leave for the rest of my life. I started taking corticosteroids and other topical anti-inflammatory creams like elidel that had really bad side effects. Corticosteroids cause thinning of the skin over extended use and Elidel has been reported to cause certain types of cancer with extended use. I knew I had to get off these medications no matter what, even if they were the only things that were keeping my face clear. I then started taking Omega 369 from GNC and stopped using the creams on my face. Usually the sores would come back 2-3 days after stopping the cream. But this time, I noticed they didn't come back. I suspected it was the Omega369, but I wanted to be sure. So I stopped the Omega 369 for about 5 days before my face began itching and breaking out in sores again. I began eating the Omega 369 again and they cleared up 2 days later. I asked my doctor if it is safe to eat Omega 369 to treat this and she told me if this was the way to make the sores disappear that it would be the best way since there are absolutely no side effects known. There have been reports questioning the long-term use of soft gels, but none of the studies I've read actually confirm that soft gels have negative effects. I am a true believer in this product cause it saved my skin and my social life. Prior to using this I was always couped at home because I didn't want anyone to see my face the way it was. I was always regarded as pretty and my skin was always commented on as being flawless, I basically lost all my motivation to go out of the house when I didn't have to. When I did go out of the house I would wear hats.

So ladies, if you're suffering from eczema and don't know any other way to help your cause, give this product a try! You have nothing to lose. And for people who do not have eczema, this is an all-round great product that helps with your vision, your focus, your skin (it helps with acne especailly if the formula has borage oil), your digestive system, and most of all, your HEART!

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2008 11:46:00 AM More reviews by mightymittens

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using these for a few months now and love it. I got it not just for my skin/hair/nails but also because it is good for your heart, brain, and is anti-inflammatory (I have lupus) It really helps! Made my skin clearer that's for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2008 10:03:00 PM More reviews by KS1972

I have been taking Omega 3 for the past few months (on and off, but have been more consistent the past few weeks). In the past, I have had acrylic nails, since my natural nails would always chip/break and it was difficult for me to get them to a length I liked. Taking Omega 3 (in combo with using Sally Hansen's Maximum Growth polish)-- seems to have REALLY helped me keep my nails looking healthy and LONG. I have ALSO noticed that my fine, thin, shoulder-length, highlighted hair grows much more quickly now-- I am glad for this on the one hand, but it also means I have to get my hair colored MUCH more often--LOL. Give it a try, it can't hurt!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2008 12:14:00 PM More reviews by scridsrolls

I have taken these everyday for a few months now. I take them for health reasons, because the Omega 3's are good for the bod, and I don't eat enough fish to get them. After reading the reviews here for fish oil, I couldn't help but laugh. Taking any pill can cause a placebo effect, and takers can blame/notice all sorts of things because of the pill, when in all reality, the conditions people are describing can be caused by HUNDREDS of variables. It would take nothing short of a scientific study to prove that taking fish oil supplements does indeed cause better skin, or faster growing nails/hair, or uplift one's mood, or lessen menstrual cramps or the plethora of other benefits that people have been describing. Other products one may be using, diet, medical conditions, activity, the weather/humidity, and allergies can cause many of the "symptoms" that people describe from using fish oil....or ANY product. Some people say that taking it "smooths frizz" and tames wild hair...but unfortunately, this is not possible, unless you have been taking fish oil for about three years, and have given your hair the chance to completely grow from roots to tip with the influence of fish oil. Hair that has already passed one's follicles cannot be influenced by further dietary adjustments...only at the root where it is currently growing can it be made to look healthier by means of supplements. Hair is not made of living cells, and nothing can change its appearance other than topical products. The thing is, a lot of medicine "works" because people want it to, and the placebo effect is very common and very commonly seen in studies. Since I've taken these pills, I've noticed nothing about my outward appearance that I'd be willing to attribute to taking them. Afterall, I use so many facial products, and those change every few months to boot, and my diet fluctuates, and it's summer, with changing levels of humidity...these things are more apt to affect the way your skin, hair, and nails appear. However, I hope my insides are a bit healthier from taking these. I don't know. So as to the copious claims I've seen about these pills, take it with a grain of salt. If you think they're going to work and do miraculous things for you, then chances are, you're going to "see" all sorts of benefits. Taking them most likely won't hurt you, unless you have an allergic reaction. I apologize if I've offended the "fish oil" fans out there, I'm simply trying to be objective.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2008 7:31:00 PM More reviews by miranets

I take either an Omega 3 fish oil, or plant oil blend (which contains fatty acids that convert to omega 3), I used to have dry skin on the body - borderline dermatitis like, and chronic peeling lips. After supplementing for several months, the most significant difference was the end of the peeling lips, and the skin on my body does not dry out as much. If your body has been deprived of omega 3 then its true effects will not show on the skin, omega3 will be used internally to repair or heal other organs and to enhance other bodily processes.

I do think it is best to take enteric coated capsules for fish oil, as it has to be assimilated in the intestines. But as for plant oils it is best to take them sublingually - if you can tolerate it!

Modern diets do not contain many omega 3s or GLAs, ALAs etc, there is a lot of omega 6-9 from eating dairy, egg, meat products so it is not necessary to supplement a 3-6-9 blend. Omega 3s are delicate and cooking and processing destroys most of these fatty acids, so definitely supplement if you want to optimise skin regeneration.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2008 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Jane4Jones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been taking Omega 3 capsules, Walgreen brand for almost three years now. I have to say it has helped with my skin, my skin looks really good. Other than that, I haven't noticed any other benefits, I take it mostly for heart health benefits. I take two tablets two times a day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2008 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Susanner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After hearing so much about the health benefits of Omega 3 and how it's supposed to also make your skin and nails better I purchased a bottle of the oil which tastes like lemon and thyme and DOES NOT give me any fish belches. I wasn't going to stand for that side effect. If you pay enough for the the product you can avoid this.

So only two weeks into taking a teaspoon a day (which is a whopping 40 calories that I don't need), I'm thinking, "yah, whatever, another waste of 26 dollars....I better finish this stuff". Well, in the next few days I noticed that my EXTREMELY dry eyes are actually comfortable. It's amazing not living with the constant irritation, scratchiness, and redness. I've tried all the lubricants and gels and had punctal plugs put in to keep moisture in my eyes. Nothing has worked as well as this. The whites of my eyes are way clearer. They're not permanently irritated anymore! That means EMU looks better!! Drinking all the water in the world has never done what this teaspoon of oil has. I don't like taking it and I don't like the calories but geez, my eyes look and feel soooooooo much better.

It's worth a try.....and you never know what benefits you may experience.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No