October 22, 2014 | 1856 users online

Powder - mark - Powder Buff powder foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2009 8:32:00 PM More reviews by brunettebarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff is amazing!!!! I used it the first time and was a little apprehensive, because some gets on your shirt (but nothing you can't dust off). That critiscism isn't enough to keep me away from this foundation. This powder covers everything, for an amazing price. The compact is super cute, too. Try to not accidentally drop it though, because it breaks kind of easy!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2009 10:16:00 PM More reviews by ItsAWrap

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Ivory, the lightest shade. It gives a lot of coverage and is a good match for my pale skin. It's similar to the Sephora brand powder foundation that I have. Good foundation, I've been breaking out and this has helped me conceal t hat.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2008 3:10:00 PM More reviews by gottaHAVEitALL

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is amazing, I love it, love it, love it... The coverage is great, provides matte (yet not powdery) beautiful finish. This would be my HG except for one small problem... I don't know what it is, but everytime I use it, it breaks me out. I'm so dissapointed!!!! I had to throw mine out to resist from the temptation to use it again because of the beautiful coverage. But it doesn't fail... anytime I use it, I start breaking out. Very dissapointed about this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2008 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Faffinette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wanted to like this but after an hour or two it turned my T-zone into an oil slick. My skin isn't even very oily, just get some oil but with this stuff it looks like I wet my face and put make up on my t-zone, very blotchy. The powder is too chalky. Also a lack of range of shades. I'd say the coverage is sheer to medium at most. I am a mark rep but this, I wouldn't buy again. Poor product. They need to reformulate this and then sell it. NOT COMPARABLE TO STUDIO FIX POWDER PLUS FOUNDATION AT ALL

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2008 3:29:00 PM More reviews by mkupluvr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really, really like this product. I WOULD love this except that it does tend to break me out in white heads. Yet I have found the solution for this! If you use a highly silicone based primer with this, it will help to prevent breakouts since the primer acts as a sheild for your face.. This foundation leaves you with a flawlessly matte finish, and makes your skin feel so soft. As far as I can tell it's pretty transfer proof. When you take pictures in this your skin looks nearly porcelain, and the long wear of it is wonderful. I use Avon's Magix face perfector with it and im constantly getting complements on my 'flawless' complexion. Oh, and it's neutral based, so both cool and warm tones can enjoy this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2008 5:04:00 PM More reviews by DuranDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is love! I have it in Buff and I have a light skintone (not fair, not medium) and it's the perfect color. I have oily, uneven, acne prone skin. This is perfect. The sponge provides full coverage and you can use a powder brush for a sheer finishing powder-type coverage. I love this stuff so much. Buff looks a little yellow in the package, but when you put it on it is really neutral. Packaging is so cute: A simplistic black compact with the hot pink "mark" logo in the corner. Open it fully and the sponge compartment is underneath the powder.
5 lippies!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2008 7:16:00 AM More reviews by siobhan3six

This is a decent product that is good to carry in your purse for quick touch ups but does not wear for a long time. When used with a concealer brush it does give coverage but it wears off quickly.

I have had issues with the packaging of this product. My first compact broke and the powder cracked when I opened it after a few uses. mark will replace broken products but I didn't feel like wasting the cost of shipping to send it back.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2008 12:39:00 PM More reviews by ntntnt

Although this may not give me a flawless look (i would need to use a concealer for that) it still does cover the minor imperfections well, while still looking really natural. It doesn't get cakey or look like it's sitting on top of my skin, unlike a mineral foundation i was using, and it just gives me a more natural coverage that lasts all day. It also doesn't settle in fine lines. I stopped using it for a while and went back to the mineral foundation but that was a big mistake. I'm just gonna keep using this everyday and I'll just use it with a bit of concealer on those days when I want that flawless look. UPDATE: I was having some problems with the color I was using. When I first started using this I was using it in Nude and it was perfect, but since I started using it again the Nude seems to be too dark. Everytime I would look in a mirror, no matter what the lighting, my face was darker than my neck and I can't stand that! So I ordered it in Ivory which was way too light, made me look dead! Since, I didn't want to waste my money I mixed the two together. And although it looks a little too light after first applying, after buffing and blush it looks perfect, well almost perfect. It matched my neck almost perfectly now, and now I doubled the amount of product. Although, I'm gonna leave it at 4 lippies because of the fact that I have to mix the two now. I'm gonna keep using it, but I think I'll continue my search for a powder foundation that I don't have to mix, isn't as messy (now that I have to mix it), and I can just go to the store and buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2008 6:28:00 PM More reviews by emmeD

I bought this in a pinch when I was low on cash because many of the reviews on here say that it has a yellow base. I have a hard time finding drugstore quality (inexpensive) foundations that match match my yellow toned skin. I was very surprised that this foundation did. It has a decent texture and pigment for the price. I would compare it somewhat in quality to my MAC but not quite. It also applies better with a kabuki brush than with the enclosed sponge. I purchased this in Golden which is a perfect match for my NC 45 skin tone.
EDIT---I can't find my primer which I was initially using with this powder and without a primer (like most of the reviews state) this powder does not hold up well on oily skin. My face soaks through this stuff something fierce. Im taking away one lippy for this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2008 8:23:00 AM More reviews by silkyskin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

*sigh* This should have been perfect. I wish it was perfect. It is really inexpensive ($8 USD) and I found a perfect shade match for my very fair skin (Ivory). I wore this only 3 times. I couldn't believe how amazing my skin looked with it on! Soft, smooth, even and just airbrushed/perfect. But when I looked a few hours later, I noticed some bumps-the breakout kind. So, I washed it off and noticed I had 5 new zits. That is just weird. I thought it could be stress or something else, because they shouldn't pop up THAT fast, so I tried it again another day. Same end result; 3 more. Same with the 3rd day I used it. I kept trying it because it is a fantastic foundation. Why does my skin have to be so reactive? I recommend it, though, because it may not break you out, and it leaves a flawless looking finish...just not worth it for me :(

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No