April 16, 2014 | 1482 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet PLUS Matifying Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by qhuincee

I bought this product recently due to the summer heat and the constant secretion of oil on my face. The saleslady swore it would absorb the oil from my face and it would stay matte all day but she was wrong. It stayed matte for maybe about, 3 hours then I start to see shine again. I even applied the duo matte powder foundation. It was such a disappointment since it cost me a fortune. However, it was easy to apply and it glides on nicely when you apply it. It does look nice and matte for the first 3 hours. If you have extreme oily face like mine, it might let you down.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by michellemercier44

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I did like this foundation! It has more coverage than most of my BB creams, so I use it when I need a little bit more coverage than BB creams. it feels soo good, light, just the way I like it and blends really good, shade is great, not yellow, so this foundation is my go to foundation when I need more coverage than bb creams

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by kittykreature

This is the only foundation I use in the summertime. I love that it looks so natural on the skin and it doesn't feel heavy or cakey on my face. Still, it covers up all of my acne scars or any discoloration. Great coverage for such a light weight foundation! I love it because it's waterproof. I've been to the beach many times wearing this foundation and it never let's me down. It stays put through boogie boarding, crashing waves, and hot games of beach volleyball. At the end of the day, my skin was still flawless looking. It has a matte\natural finish, but I still like to set it with an oil control powder. (Just my habit). It does not oxidize throughout the day and there are a wide range of shades. It blends best using a flat top brush. All around amazing product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by MakeupLover411

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation! I wear it whenever I have a special event to go to or just feel like having that full coverage on my face =) I got mine at Sephora for about $36 and love that it keeps my face matte all day! I have really oily skin and wearing this over my Milk of Magnesia really leaves my face with a matte finish and I don't have to blot every now and then like I usually would.. I wouldn't reccomend it for the summer because it feels pretty heavy on the face or for people with dry skin! Other than that, it works great ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by martini8787

I love this stuff! I first used it for my wedding makeup and kind just want to use it all the time. It stays matte and it stays on. I do have to mix two for the perfect match but I use so little at a time who cares. Also for even heavy duty coverage you only need a pea size amount. If you have any special event to go to I highly suggest this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2013 2:41:00 AM More reviews by Beautyqueen583

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hated this foundation because it dried out my face worse than its ever been before and mind you it's summertime and I have extremely oily skin so this was a horrible foundation in my experience I actually ended up returning it and I've never returned a makeup product before I won't be using it on myself or my clients so I switched to MAC studio tech and I love that ! By the way I am #55 in this foundation and NC 40 in MACs

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by misskerryk

I'm on my third bottle, and this is definitely my holy grail! being ridiculously fair and lacking noticeable undertones, its hard to find a color that isnt too pink or too yellow, but #15 Alabaster is perfect! it will take some practice to learn to successfully blend out every streak if you're new to makeup, but its so worth it. none of my shine shows through and it stays in place all day!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 4:01:00 AM More reviews by HaveMercyJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I absolutely LOVE this stuff! I was using the HD foundation (wasn't impressed) and moved to this shortly after. This is a bit of a heavier foundation, but that is because it offers great coverage! This is my favorite "going out" foundation, but not great for my skin during daytime.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by ihoardmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

OH-EM-GEE. Can I say amazing? This foundation is flawless!!! It is pretty full coverage, but also pretty natural looking. It doesn't feel or look super heavy on the skin (like Kat Von D's Lock It Tattoo Foundation has a reputation for doing), but it also isn't super moisturizing. I have oily skin and it looks gorgeous all day, but I can imagine on dry skin it would maybe cake up or cling to drier patches. It is definitely more well suited for oily or combination skin. On me it does last all day, without getting gross or anything. A good six hours without touch ups. Definitely not as long as Revlon Colorstay, but I find the finish and feel to be more enjoyable. I usually use Rimmel's Fix and Perfect Pro Primer, in 002. The primer I use fluctuates on a daily basis because I haven't found a HG yet (sad I know). Although I have worn this without a primer many a time and still had gorgeous results! I set with just a normal translucent powder. I apply this with anything from a buffing brush to a beauty blender. I even use my fingers if I'm really in a hurry. It usually depends on what kind of coverage I want. Beautyblender for full coverage (weird but true), Buffing Brush by Real Techniques for medium coverage, and a Face Secrets Bronzing brush (it's a stippling brush) for light coverage. Fingers if I am in a hurry, and it gives me a medium but buildable to full coverage. As far as packaging, I love it! I know it has gotten mixed reviews but it's sooo hygienic and easy to clean. It's actually a bottle that you squeeze to get the product out. It really reminds me of Covergirl's AuqaSmooth Foundation. But the bottle is pretty classy, not tacky looking or anything. One thing I did notice is it does have a slight florally scent, but nothing that would be super irritating. Overall this is a great foundation for us oily ladies and I'm sure if people with dry skin moisturized and primed well they could enjoy it too! Definitely worth the $42 price tag!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by KristyBarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my go to foundation until my face became really try due to acne medication I was surprised. However when I did use it (w. beauty blender ) it gave full coverage and lasted all day for me. And it was definitely MATTE. My only con was that it did tend to get cakey around my nose no matter what kind of primer or moisturizer I used but maybe that's just me. I would suggest this for someone with really oily skin if your skin is dry don't go near it you'll have extreme cake face