Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Corn Starch Modified, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclohexasiloxane, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491(Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 8/14/2014 2:29:00 PM

I just purchased my 2nd bottle of this in #65. 1st bottle lasted over a year and half! This IS my HG in the summer when I'm in extremely hot heat and I need more coverage than a TM or BB. I use a pea size amount and my beauty blender and it covers like a charm! On days I need a little more coverage due to scaring or break out I use another 1/2 pea size and let it work it's magic! I am combo/oily and use the Lorac Porefessional Primer, UD All Nighter setting spray, and this stays put about 12hrs with very little shine break through. I do NOT have to touch up the makeup at all and it doesn't slide off my face.

For those who say the dry patches show up, make sure you exfoliate and moisturize well and you won't have any problems with that.

on 8/14/2014 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted this to be my HG foundation but my biggest problem with it is I have to use A LOT of product to get any coverage. Every review I have seen says the tiniest bit goes the longest way but I don't see how that's possible. I have used every make up brush I have as well as my beauty blender and nothing applies this well. I have also tried layering this on top of different primers and I never get anywhere near the coverage that I want. When I got color matched the girl at Sephora seemed to have a difficult time matching me to this product as well. I gave it two lippies just for the fact that I think it is SLIGHTLY more mattifying than some other foundations but not nearly mattifying enough. I also enjoy the packaging of the product... I would not recommend this product to anyone with any dry patches on your face or to anyone that has skin issues (acne, acne scars) I have maybe 3 break outs at most and I have minimal acne scarring on my jawline from hormonal acne in my teen years and this product isnt able to cover any of it at all. I dont expect miracles and I know I need concealer but seriously? How can a foundation that is promoted to be full coverage not even cover a tiny, light acne scar even a little. Such a waste of money. I wouldn't waste your time with this product!

on 8/14/2014 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this while I was on holiday in the US last year and absolutely love it. It has medium to full coverage and while it doesn't stay matte all day it does a pretty good job of holding back the oil. My only gripe is that Make Up For Ever isn't available in Australia so I'll have to order it from overseas when I run out. Holy Grail for me.

on 8/1/2014 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

when they say 'matte' they mean it! this was really good when i had really bad acne and it covered wonderfully. you could even use it has a concealer. the color selection is great and it last forever. i wouldnt repurchase only because i dont need so much coverage now that my skin has cleared.

on 7/27/2014 5:08:00 AM

I love this foundation. It has a creamy texture and is medium to full coverage. It doesn't feel heavy or drying.

on 7/13/2014 1:35:00 AM

I LOVE this foundation! The packaging is kind of cheap. I can't get the very last bit of product out which is annoying. This lasts all day on me even without a powder to set! The coverage is adjustable which I like. I wish there was a larger selection of shades though. The ones at my Sephora are mainly neutral and I prefer my foundations to be more on the yellow side.

on 7/11/2014 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation kept me VERY matte for a long time. But it clung to my dry spots and intensified every flaw on my face. It had medium to full coverage and lasts 6 hours. It looks very cakey and unnatural, I was honestly disappointed.

on 7/11/2014 4:31:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've been buying this foundation for over 3 yrs now. I love it, it goes very well with my skin type. They make my pores look almost invisible and love the matte finish. For a natural look I sometimes wear it by itself and makes my complexion flawless and natural. Always wear primer underneath as it doesn't add any moisture to your skin.

on 6/29/2014 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amazing. I have oily skin and this definitely helps to keep my face matte longer throughout the day. The coverage is full without needing a lot of product. This foundation will last forever, so worth the price!

on 6/22/2014 3:40:00 PM

I was recommended this foundation at Sephora when I asked for a foundation that would not separate on my nose (I have a very oily T-zone)

I LOVE this foundation. It blends seamlessly, covers very well and doesn't separate. My most favorite thing about this foundation is that when I put it on it doesn't look cakey, and I feel like I'm not even wearing anything on my face.

I have been using Tarte's Amazonian Clay, but that is only great for me in the winter as my skin gets very dry, but in the warmer months this foundation separated and it looked very obvious I had foundation on.

The packaging is not very good as the plastic that the bottle is made out of is hard to squeeze, also I have started breaking out on my chin a lot and it is a possibility that it is the foundation (even though I use an acne primer) or it might be because foundation and heat just doesn't mix no matter what. The price is a bit steep of 1.01oz of liquid foundation, compared to Tarte's foundation that is the same price but 1.7 oz.