October 1, 2014 | 1910 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - 24-7 Glide on eyeliner in bourbon

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by danyell2425

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this liner. It has a really interesting color with a little sparkle. It really compliments my brown eyes. The reason I rate it a 4 is because it doesn't stay on my waterline. But it doesn't budge at all on my lashline. I do think these pencils are expensive because they don't stay on my waterline for more then an hour. If they did I wouldn't have a problem paying that price.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by anotherpartofme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

One of my favorite eyeliners! I used to HATE pencil eyeliners until I bought some UD 24/7 ones. It's really easy to apply and it stays on long on my lash line. The colour is very interesting, not boring at all. Unfortunately it doesn't stay more than an hour on my waterline (that's why I rate it 4) but I don't worry too much about it because I don't like to put eyeliner there anyway, I only tested to see how long would it last.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by helaineeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best eyeliner I've ever used, and this shade is ridiculously perfect for my skin/eye color combination. Goes on creamy, smudgable for a few seconds, and then sets in place so well that I don't always get all of it off when I wash my face the next day. Super pigmented, too. Will never use another brand/type of eyeliner ever again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a recent convert to the cult of Urban Decay 24/7 liners. I have been a Colorstay fan and thought they were pretty comparable products. Until I bought a 24/7 liner. Colorstay eyeliner is a great product, so I stand by my review, but it really can't compete with the UD 24/7 liner. They are truly amazing and though I wish they weren't so expensive, this is one of the few products I will pay a premium price for.

That said....I really don't care for this particular color. Or rather, the chunks of glitter in this color. The color itself is very pretty; a medium bronzy brown. It's exactly what I was looking for because at my age, (41) matte brown liner looks a little too harsh. But Bourbon lacks that lovely creamy quality that the other colors I've tried (Stash and Rockstar) have. Due to the glitter, it doesn't apply smoothly and seems almost crumbly. I find that I have to make several passes to get a sufficiently uniform application. That irks me.

This also seems to lack the staying power the others have. I don't know if it's due to the glitter or if it has a different formulation, but as I said, it seems quite a bit dryer and somewhat crumbly. I was curious about whether I just happened to get an old one, so I tried the tester in Ulta and found the same thing. For whatever reason, Bourbon just isn't the superior quality that the others are. Too bad, because the color is very nice, but I have much cheaper liners in a similar color that are easier to apply and longer lasting. I won't buy this color again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by NBinNC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wear it on my upper lid over the lashes (not on water line). Love this product and especially love the slight flecks in the brown color. IIt is a fantastic color for dark blue/grayish color eyes. It has staying power and I overall really like this liner. I've recently purchased this color for the second time. The only reason I did NOT give it 5 stars is because of the way it sharpens and wears down. Although I have a couple of quality pencil liner sharpeners (one brand new), I do not like the way these liners sharpen. FYI, I also have the zero liner!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 11:49:00 PM More reviews by ximachikenx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the first eye pencils I ever bought. I haven't used up my first one even though it's ancient because I don't wear makeup that often, but I'm glad that I found such a great pencil instead of trying out a bunch of drugstore ones and then working my way up, because this is truly one of the best eyeliner pencils there are. Bourbon is a really pretty warm brown with glitters in it; it's nice to use when I don't want to use black eyeliner yet it's not a boring brown. This does smudge a little on my eyes but pencil eyeliners really don't work so well for me. It's so creamy, a little tricky to tightline with though as I find if I'm not careful it can get into my contacts. Would purchase again, this time to get Zero since it's so raved about :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Suuuuuuch a pretty color! A gorgeous bronzy brown with tiny flecks of shimmer that aren't too overpowering. It has great pigmentation and staying power, and doesn't irritate my contact lenses. Definitely buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 6:38:00 AM More reviews by danai

I simply cannot rave enough about this. It's the best pencil liner I ever came across and undoubtedly my HG and my go-to when I want a perfect line fast.
Perfect medium brown shade,perfect amount of sparkle, perfect rich consistency. Soft like butter, slides on almost by itself, makes it effortlessly easy to get a decently straight and even line-and mind you my hand is not what you'd call steady.
I refuse to ever be without this,and this will be incovenient, as UD is not sold in my country (I got this as a part of BoSII,which I got in some Sephora in my city which has now closed-it seems they brought a couple of those, and sold them as a "limited edition exclusive" or something, around last Xmas). Which means when I run out I'll have to shop for this online. I don't mind at all though and I also plan to get more from the 24-7 line.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by b3llav1ta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first UD 24-7 eyeliner - and I love it! I'm an AAB with medium-cool tone skin, and being in my late 30s, I feel that black liner is a tad too much (maybe because I'm not so much of an eyeliner junkie to begin with). So I was looking for a medium brown. Been trying different ones - I was so happy when I finally found UD Bourbon. UD's eyeliner's consistency, in my opinion, is the best out there. With MUFE Aqualiner being second. Bourbon is just that perfect medium brown color for me, and I love the fact that it has some subtle glitter. Definitely an HG for my day-to-day eyeliner!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by 3110hello

I generally love Urban Decay pencils, especially the variety of colors. However, I have to say that the Bourbon color is not that distinctive as a basic brown and not different enough as a bronzy or other brownish color to go out of my way to buy again. There are a lot of more outstanding brown pencils/kohls out there, at least for eyes that are brown like mine.