December 22, 2014 | 1678 users online

Foundations - Meow Cosmetics - Pampered Puss Mineral Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2010 8:02:00 AM More reviews by LovelyStars

i put a no for would i buy this product again.
really not sure.

mica is the first ingredient for this foundation and i may very well be having clogged pores cause of this.
shipping takes VERY LONG.

the foundation is very sheer, buildable.
however i feel that it doesn't last very long on my skin as compared to other foundations and powders.
my face is still oily at the end of the day.
(i did not use any primer, but i did use loose powder.)

i am still on the find for my holy grail mineral makeup. :)
hopefully i can find it!

EDIT: I HAVE DECIDED TO MOVE ON FROM THIS FOUNDATION. it is too sheer to look like i have anything on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 3:06:00 AM More reviews by ventanabluesky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I gave this foundation another try after an initial sample test and I have come to love it. It is by far the best mineral foundation I have tried, and I have tried *a lot* of them (BE, Laura Mercier, EDM, and Korres, to name a few more popular ones). I use the Pampered Puss formula because my skin is very blemish-prone and I wanted the product with the least possibility for irritation. Most other mineral foundations make my skin dry and itchy, but this does not. It is layerable and provides very natural, nearly-flawless coverage. I don't have an easy skin tone to match (very light beige-olive), but several of the Meow colors work for me. The company has excellent customer service and helpful online forums to boot.

I'm also really oily, and I do still need to blot with this foundation several times throughout the day (which is true of any foundation I use), but I have found that their equilibrium primer powder works great under the foundation--it's skin-soothing and keeps me looking shine-free for longer than I would without it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2010 2:33:00 PM More reviews by minka00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is almost perfect. The color selection is fantastic, I finally know what my skin color is and found something that matches! I have oily skin and I found this to be quite mattifying (still needed to use oil blot sheets, not a big deal tho). It stays on all day pretty much too, even in the summer weather and it feels like I'm not wearing anything. It doesn't break me out, give me clogged pores, or do anything weird to my skin! The coverage is ok, but I have some redness in my cheeks that it simply won't cover completely. Its supposed to be medium coverage but I have to layer alot. I'm going to try the Flawless Feline when I run out and see if I like that better. This will be my "go to" for a more natural look. Also, the prices are inexpensive and they send samples with every order.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by etreystman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best Mineral Foundation I've EVER seen. I've tried Bare Escentuals, Lancome, Laura Geller...this is BY FAR the best. They say on the website to wait a while and let it melt into your skin and they really mean it. When I first put it on I have to admit I wasn't impressed, it looked like regular powder, but 10 minutes later I looked in the mirror and it looked like I wasn't wearing make up at all. It just looked like I had very even skin. The samples are generous, they just come in zip lock bags so it's kind of hard to get the powder out of there without spilling it. I just stuck my brush in the bag and then swirled in another container. It really is amazing stuff. Plus they send you free samples, which is always nice. I also tried the top coat and the primer, neither which I was impressed with. The top coat seemed too white, even though I have very fair skin. EDIT: I have now tried Alima foundation and like it a lot more. While this one did look very natural and very light with a little glow, I prefer a more matte finish and definitely want to cover some bad spots on my face. This didn't really cover much.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by GeekChick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Despite the fact that Meow's website claims this is "medium coverage," I found it to be VERY sheer. I have a permanent pink flush in my nose/cheeks/chin despite having warm undertones, and even after I piled on several layers of this foundation you could still see all the pink tones and imperfections -- it barely hid anything. So I would only recommend this if you have nearly perfect skin or are looking for very sheer coverage!

On the plus side, this brand is great for pale skintones. I never found a liquid foundation pale enough for me (hence the switch to mmu -- I wore Aromaleigh until it was discontinued), but the palest ("Inquisitive") shades are actually just a hair too light for me! They also have a large variety of undertones to choose from so while you may have to try a lot of samples first, I would expect that most people could find a good match here. The finish is also matte, which I prefer with my oily skin. Due to the sheer coverage, I didn't bother to wear this all day so I'm not sure if it oxidizes or controls oil or anything.

Since this was so sheer, I sampled their Flawless Face formula next and I like it much better. I'll review it once I've figured out my color match and have worn it for a while.

Packaging: Sample baggie or choice of 2 sizes of sifter jars

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by jukeb0xnc0ke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDIT 04/19/11: I have since stopped using this as I believe it was giving me clogged pores. It seemed like the more I used it the more it just kind of looked chalky where it didn't meld into my skin as much as it used to.
I am now using Shiseido's Dual Balancing Foundation in O60.

EDIT 01/12/11: This foundation is great during the summer months when I am more oily and the humidity is sickening. However, I found that it was very drying the winter months and switched back to my liquid foundations until the summer hits again.

ORIGINAL POST: I am IN LOVE with this foundation and it is definitely my HG! I have worn this for over 2 months already and I will have to say it is one of the best foundations I have ever used whether it be liquid or mineral! I have suffered from severe acne and now have several pit scars all over my face and even my neck. I've used MAC studio fix, lancome, clinique, several drugstore foundations, and I have never found one that did not accentuate (oiling up and sinking into the scar) although scarring cannot be invisible no matter the product. However, PP in Naughty Korat matched my MAC NC 35 perfectly and was mostly a matte finish until 6-7 hours of wear even in this heat & humidity! I used a flat top brush and stippled two layers on. If I have some slight blemishing, I will lightly go over it but not completely covering it to give it a natural look. I also have applied this wet...I dampened my kabuki brush and sort of dab into the powder and swirl onto my face for a heavier coverage if need be. I then go over it with my oily finish primer on my t-zone and voila! I get this glow to my face that isn't oily nor heavy. I love this!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Rouquine25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am sooooo disappointed! I wanted to love this so much! I have sensitive, acne-prone, and pale skin, and I wanted to get something that would be good for my skin. I got a sample of this in Himalayan Inquisitive and it was still too light...even for me!!! The coverage is virtually nonexistent and emphasizes dry patches. My skin feels dry and chalky. It's expensive even though the samples are only a dollar, the shipping is ridiculous. I'm really disappointed. Unfortunately I'm still on the search for an HG. :(((
I just tried it, so I will update if I have any adverse reactions like itching or breaking out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by ashsaves1005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So far I really like these foundations. I've tried Bare Minerals but their texture is chalky and cakey feeling on the face and there's not a huge color selection. So I tried 10 samples of different things and found that if I mix Sleek Mau and Frisky Chausie, it works perfect for me. The coverage of Pampered Puss is eh-eh. I am thinking about getting a munchkin size of Flawless Feline in Sleek Mau and the full size of Pampered Puss in Frisky Chausie. I also really like how you can get the matching concealers and the blushes/bronzers that match your skin tone as well. It washes off easily and doesn't feel oily afterward. Everything is also 100% itch-free for me so yay! And your skin can definitely breathe under the powder. No cakey or chalkiness and it feels like your own skin and not a mask. Some people might think the coverage is lighter than they would have wanted but you can definitely layer on this foundation and it really doesn't feel like it's building up. You could even try putting on one shade over another shade and build your coverage like that. So yes, I'm very pleased and will probably be purchasing the bigger versions of everything I like :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 11:45:00 AM More reviews by maryanng

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a 64 yrs. young and have taken great care of my skin, therefore, it looks much younger and only fine lines or wrinkles. I hated liquid or cream foundations and about 5 years ago tried BE and after ditching their brush for a kabuki brush from Seacliff I was very happy. The 2 things I didn't like were the sparkles and the way it made my pores look larger. I recently embarked on a mineral powder search and discovered that most have bismuth oxide, which is not good for your skin. I emailed 1 of the largest beauty suppliers and was directed to the Meow cosmetics site. Thank you, thank you. I asked several questions and the chat forum was great for responses from both Tammy and Jen. THEY URGE, URGE YOU to TRY the sample baggies BEFORE YOU BUY!!!!!!!! Very smart and each bag is enough for over a week. Many of the reviews on poor color match should go the MEOW site and order the ample baggies for $1 each. I ordered 20 different shdes and coverages and like Fierce Persian in Pampered Puss and a few others. The result is my skin looks almost flawless, no sparkles and no large pores, this I attribute to the absence of bismuth, if not then who the heck cares as long as it looks and feels great!!!!!!! I have plans to blend the lighter samples with darker ones to use up my samples. My husbands comments, "your skin looks great, it doesn't even look like you have makeup on", was the clincher for me. The object for me is to look like I am NOT wearing makeup not change my skin shade and that's why I tried mineral makeup years ago.Thanks Tammy and Jen, I am PURRRRRRRRRRING and a MEOW convert for life!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Brunneria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hi,

I was recommended to try this foundation by a friend who has had as much difficulty finding a foundation match as I have, over the years. I have been delighted with the result (also the matching concealer)

Texture and comfort
Without doubt this is the most comfortable makeup that I have ever worn. I cannot feel it on my skin. Even when I touch my face with a finger, it just feels like a perfected version of my own skin - no film, no slick, no thickness. The coverage is light to medium. If you want full coverage then I suggest you go for Flawless, or prepare to layer. I put it on with a flat topped brush. It takes less than a minute, and lasts very well, even on my oily skin. No itching (like with BM and Tru Minerals).

Colour match
This brand has 85 different shades.
Yes, 85 DIFFERENT shades.
And they sell EACH shade in one of three textures, light, medium and full coverage. They will send you a sample (enough for several full faces) for $1, and they actively encourage you to purchase many samples. There is a postage discount if you buy more than 20 samples.
Frankly, if you don't find a match then you haven't looked hard enough!
They also sell matching concealers and undereye concealers in different textures.
I ordered 4 different colours in 3 different shades. One colour was bad, two were wearable, and the 4th was perfect - and believe me, finding foundation with soft gold undertones is unbelievably difficult. especially in a light shade, and I have NEVER had such a good match. The other colours range across peach, beige-pink-peach, olive, beige, golden-beige, yellow, beige-yellow, yellow-peach, peach-yellow, warm pink, cool pink, warm, neutral.

My match is Korat, Sleek (golden beige in the second to lightest shade). Siamese, Sleek (neutral shade) was the next best match

Below I have listed all the foundations I have tried in the last few years, in case anyone else out there finds the info useful as a comparison:

Bare Minerals, Fairly Light - itchy and too pink, and Iight - itchy and too dark/wrong undertone

Glo Minerals, Golden Fair - a touch too dark and too murky looking

Laura Geller, Balance and Brighten Fair - too pink and too muddy

Laura Geller, Balance and Brighten Regular - OK tone, but too dark

Laura Geller, Phenomenal Foundation in light - ok shade, too dark,

MAC NC15, correct depth of colour, wrong undertone

Tru Minerals, Porcelain, this had peach undertones and itched like crazy - I could tone it down to an OK match with YBF neutralising yellow powder

Estee Lauder, Double Wear liquid, Bone (1W1) - good match, but shows white in some lights and camera flash, maybe a touch pale in daylight

Estee Lauder, Double Wear powder, Linen (1W2) - until I found Korat Sleek, this was the best match - correct beigeish undertone, almost correct depth of colour (it is a tiny bit darker than Korat)

Thank you Meow!