January 28, 2015 | 1815 users online

Loose Powders - Everyday Minerals - Silk Dust (Untinted ) [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2007 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Jenglory

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the pure silk dust - a great primer, great over makeup. I apply a thin layer using a powder brush and gently buff into my skin. On a daily basis, I use it on its own to absorb oil and even out my skintone. I've already repurchased but it will take a long time to finish this first jar!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2007 4:45:00 PM More reviews by starlight256

I love this stuff, it is an absolute HG for me. I use either the pure (translucent) one or the tinted - both shades are fine on my pale skin. I use this as a primer, and I also mix a little bit into my laura mercier mineral foundation powder to lighten up the shade a bit. (the lightest LM shade, tender rose, is a bit too dark for me.) the silk dust controls shine all day without drying out my skin. it never gets cakey and does not clog my pores. i also like that silk dust is supposed to be beneficial for your skin, having natural antibacterial properties. will definitely repurchase, this is a staple.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2007 7:02:00 PM More reviews by 4695Lisak

I purchased the Summer Silk Dust, and it does a great job for giving a shinefree, airbrushed look. Works great as a face primer before foundation/concealor. I took off one lipie cause it is ooohhh sooo dark when applied to the skin. On the screeen it doesn't look like it does in the container. I tried to lighten it up some with my foundation, and my face still looked dirty. Didn't seem to dry out my skin though. I ordered the small tinted version, and hopefully that will be a better color choice.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2007 4:12:00 PM More reviews by bluecirce

Wow. This is my first time writing a review, but I feel compelled to for this powder. This is the first product that has hands down stopped shine for 8 plus hours. I've tried everything: MAC Blot Powder, oil control serums, blotting papers, etc. The smell is weird and it can be a bit drying which is why I'm taking off one lippie, but otherwise this rocks. I have the tinted version and it's perfect for my pale skin. Plus, according to the EM website there are ingredients in this powder that are actually good for the skin! I am hooked. Will update if I notice any breakouts, as other reviewers have mentioned. But so far, my super sensitive Irish/Swedish skin has taken nicely to this product. Better than the majority of higher priced products out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2007 5:23:00 PM More reviews by ripsgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this!. I have it in the untinted version. It makes my skin look almost airbrushed. I only use a little bit. It is also good for your skin! I just started using the Everyday Minerals line and I am so far very happy with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2007 9:42:00 PM More reviews by RSue92

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the Everyday Minerals line. I have several foundations, blushes, eyeshadows and the tinted finishing dust.
I thought I would try the Silk Powder, as it contains no corn starch or talc. Well, after trying it several times, I always seem broken out afterwards. It's great at stopping the shine,- but I won't use something if it makes me break out. I really had high hopes for this product, too. It made my foundation go on so smoothly and it made my pores virtually disappear!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2007 6:13:00 PM More reviews by yarrthehotpants

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh, dear. I so wanted to love Silk Dust. EM is the only mineral makeup I've been able to use that doesn't break me out. I bought a small size of Silk Dust to use as a finishing powder. It worked beautifully to set my makeup and absorb oil throughout the day. However, after a few days of using it, I broke out in horrible cystic acne. I didn't try anything else new, and it wasn't that time of the month so it could only have been the Silk Dust. Since I stopped using it, my skin has cleared up 100%. Sigh.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2007 5:50:00 PM More reviews by moshi24

I ordered the Silk Dust in full size and it was a waste of money. I guess i could have returned it, but then I would have to spend more money for shipping etc. This was not translucent at all. In the areas that I applied it, it made my face look "bright white". I even tried to buff it off, but it was too late. I had to wash my makeup off and re-do it all over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2007 9:05:00 PM More reviews by asolano

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is an awesome product. I use the tinted version as primer and finishing powder. It makes my skin really smooth and my mmu goes on really silky and it lasts all day. I also use it at night after I apply my emu oil and it makes my skin even more silky. I can't say enough about this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2007 6:52:00 PM More reviews by sugarlumples

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product so much. I had experience with the blushes, concealers, and foundations from the sample kits, but this was my first time using the finishing powder. I have fair skin and this looks beautiful on. It feels light and really seems to help set my makeup.

I use the premium flat top brush to apply this powder and it works beautifully. As an aside, that brush is also fantastic!