MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade

4.3

on 3/16/2013 2:18:00 AM

I think perhaps I'm too light for this product. I'm a little lighter than nc15 and I have issues with getting this highlighter to show up on my skin. The solution would be that I need a highlighter that highlights with more sparkle as opposed to a light colour. It has some glimmer to it, but nothing dramatic enough to show up on me. For its price, it's not worth it in my case. If it was $15-$20 or bellow, maybe, but not $30. Not for me, would most likely be better for nc20's or higher. Wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Eyes: Violet

This is my HG everyday highlighter. I donít have a lot of highlighter experience, but almost everything I tried was very discoball. (I like glitter, but not in my normal routine.) This was the first MSF I bought and it was very much worth it. I purchased mine from eBay since theyíre discontinued again I guess, and Iím not sure which release it is from. But it has very good veining, lots of pink, gold, and blue. I use it on my cheekbones primarily, and sometimes my brow bones. Iím NW5/15, so the color itself pretty much disappears into my foundation without too much blending, but the shimmer shows up very nicely under good lighting. If youíre looking for an understated highlighter that doesnít take a lot of work, see if you can get one of these. I agree with one of the previous reviews that you could probably use a white shimmer eyeshadow and get a similar effect, but the amount of product you get with an MSF is huge, so I find the expense pretty justifiable.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Oh. My. God. I love this stuff. I went into MAC while on vacation recently and told the MAC artist I was looking for a bunch of new things. One thing I was looking for was something I could use as a face highlight, but also on my eyes. (I go through eyeshadow highlighters like water. They use up so quickly!) Just a universal highlighting product. She brought me out this.

I fell in love instantly. It's the perfect highlight. Not too gold, not too pink or blue. Very neutral, very light, & very natural. It picks up the sunlight on your cheeks and brow bones like a halo effect. It lasts (on me, anyway) all day. Doesn't settle into lines or highlight imperfections. (It seems to blend them away.) On the eyes you can pack it on for a vibrant, opaque shimmery effect (like using a neutral-white shimmer eyeshadow) on the lid or dust it on lightly on the brow bone for a natural effect.

Definitely worth the money. This will last me forever!

on 1/19/2013 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Worth every penny! I love this product. I use it as a brow highlighter, along the temples in moderation, in my inner eye corners, and on my Cupid's bow - especially when wearing a bold lip. Fantastic for us porcelain skinned gals.

on 1/2/2013 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG highlighter! It is AMAZING! A friend of mine recommended it to me so I bought it straight away, I use this every single day under my eyebrows and under my eyes sometimes on my nose. And it gives an amazing finish! I LOVEEEE LOVE THIS. If you were thinking of buying this. Do it!
PROS
+ AMAZING colour for highlighter
+ A lot of product
+ Will last forever
+ Smells Nice
CONS
- No mirror in the compact :'(

on 12/20/2012 7:45:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This was the first powder highlighter that I've bought. I've always been skeptical with highlighters because they always look to shimmery or glittery. I quite like it but I don't love it. It looks beautiful on the pan and on the skin. It's a very pale almost white beige that gives a sheen to the skin where applied. You do not need much to get the effect you desire. No crazy discoball face either! I apply this to my cupids bow and cheek bones. Looks lovely in both sunlight and indoor lighting.

I would repurchase, but I don't see myself running out anytime soon.

on 11/4/2012 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have to say I'm not that impressed. This perfectly serves its function, but I feel like so would a sheer shimmery white eyeshadow. I tried using Jordana Snowy White eyeshadow and it looked extremely similar. Highlighters have their nuances like all makeup products, and in this case the biggest difference is that the Jordana eyeshadow's white base is more pigmented and you have to use a light hand with it. With MAC Lightscapade, if you only want a natural looking glow, a light-medium hand is fine. It looks like it gives a dewy glow as opposed to LOOK AT MY SHIMMERY DEWY CHEEKS. However, I find myself needing several swipes or a heavy hand so it can waste a bit of time. Then again, I'd rather look not dewy enough than way too shiny. I sort of bought it so I could resell it for a higher price, then I ended up liking it enough to keep. :P

All the same though - I'd be totally happy using any of my other highlighters like CoverGirl Snow Plum (what an unsung hero! This is slightly iridescent white-champagney pink) , Boots Shimmering Lotion, Wet n' Wild Reserve Your Cabana, Wet 'n' Wild Acapulco Glow etc. In no way is MAC Lightscapade something I'd always repurchase, mostly because there are outstanding cheaper options.

on 11/4/2012 1:42:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My HG highlighter. I swear I am in love. It gives a beautiful angelic glow.

on 10/14/2012 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

a nice powder highlighter for cheekbones, I wish this was permanent. Use it pretty much everyday with a mac 187 brush

i love this products ,its the perfect highlight color without being to shiny or sparkly it just gives you a healthy glow,will definitely be repurchasing

Top Rated MAC Products