November 27, 2014 | 1421 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by MSEMR2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this. Lightscapade doesn't wow me, but it works perfectly with cool toned colors I own. I think this will work better on me in the winter when I'm less tan.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by lilblue10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am seriously in love with this.When I heard it was coming out with the Reel Sexy collection I was so excited because I had heard such great things about it, but then I saw Temptalia's review on it and all the comments saying that it wasn't as good as the original and it wasn't really worth getting. So when the collections came out online I didn't get it(I don't have a Mac near so I couldn't swatch it for myself).During two weeks I just kept thinking about it and finally caved in and boy I'm so glad I did.. !! Mine has a lot of colored swirls, way more than the one on Temptalia and it's sooo pretty !! It is the perfect highlighter for me, its a pale beige/gold that gives the most beautiful glow,it's not shimmery or glittery so it doesn't emphasize my huge pores .It's very work appropriate but you can totally build it up to be more of a night look !The staying power is great too, it usually start to fade about the same time my blush does which is after 6-7 hours ! I would buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Prncs06

Beautiful, subtle highlighter. This is my first MSF, and I'll be honest that I pretty much bought it because it looks pretty in the pan. Those purple/green/beige swirls are just stunning. I thought this would just be eye-candy in my collection since I already have and love a few theBalm Mary Loumanizers, but I was pleasantly surprised at how much I like Lightscapade. I find myself reaching for it daily. Swapped next to each other, Lightscapade definitely has a lighter-colored, less golden sheen (more neutral, maybe?) than Mary Lou- and the flashes of green, yellow and purple in Lightscapade are so subtle, but make all the difference. They're very fine shimmer particles, but they blend and complement each other so beautifully. Looks amazing on the skin! I have read some complaints at how 'blech, beige' this MSF is, but I actually find that to be part of its beauty. Mary Lou is much more obvious and golden, and beautiful in its own way, but it has really taken a back-burner to Lightscapade for my everyday office look. I wish it were permanent!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

First, based on photos from Lightscapade's last promotion, the product in the compact no longer had the obvious (and very beautiful) blue/peach/pale gold marbling it had the last time it was part of a collection. My compact had very little blue or green or peach. However, when I looked VERY closely upon application in direct sunlight, I could see glints of violet blue, green, etc. It doesn't seem to effect how Lightscapade performs as a highlighter, as the colors combined together make a neutral, pale gold sheen on the cheekbones that is perfect. I found that I had to make multiple swipes from the compact to get to the level of glow I wanted, but some might view that as a plus as it can be very subtle or quite shimmery. You will never get a very obvious shine or glitter effect from this, unless you totally pack it on with a trowel. The glow it does provide is very natural-looking, and you do get a lot of product. The only thing I found to be worth knocking a star off is that it wears off my combination-oily skin within a few hours. But it's so beautiful both in and out of the compact that it makes me very happy! I really love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Bucephala

This is my favourite cheek highlighter! It looks gorgeous on fair skin. It has a light, pearly finish that looks very natural. If this one comes up in a future collection, you should grab it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Lovemymakeup

I got this after going to a MAC PRO class and the Mua there recommended it she said it was LE so i jumped right on it , i love the hilighting effect it gives my NC 30 skin ,it last all day but its also natural looking i use it w my MSF in DK as a contour n it ROCKS !!! wish it wasnt LE though ! PLZ bring this back MAC !!!!! PLZ

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

I'll be honest and say that I am not a MSF girl but I wanted to see why so many people collect these so I got a few. I did not keep the other 2 (don't remember the names) but when this came out recently I thought I'd give it try since it was rereleased and seemed really unique. I did not have trouble finding it (guess my area wasn't that into it) and I really like it. It is very subtle on my skin (NC 20 is). I kind of wish it was a bit more pigmented and long wearing, the only reasons it did not get a 5, but this allows me to use it over my entire face for a nice sheen/glow. The pastel colors make it very wearable, not too yellow or pink, and I really enjoy finishing my face with it. It is really nice too look at, seems to have a nice scent to it (vanilla, or am I imagining that?), and I hope MAC releases a similar shade that is a bit more pigmented/longwearing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by nattygrace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I only found out about this product from the blog (birdsdecoratebranches) so props to her for sure.. Lightscapade is a beautiful, satiny sparkly whitish (but not quite white) highlight and is gorgeous on my fair skin. N5 for reference and if you're asking yourself "why would someone with N5 coloring need a highlight?" Lemme tell ya! It adds the perfect polish to the skin... Really ties a look together. The sad part is its LE. So snatch it up if you see it. I like that is understated but noticeable. It's sheen blends well with a plethora of different blushes which is why I've come to like it so much and it stays in my makeup bag. MSF's last foreva' and the packaging is classic MAC. I haven't had any problems with the top coming off. All in all, great for PPP's like me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by naturallyfab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This has become my favorite cheek highlighter! It gives me the perfect glow to my skin and makes my cheekbones pop! I love how it's a very light highlighter, but still natural looking. You could totally wear this day to day or for a night out! It's a really versatile product, and if you can still get one, try to!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by dianeluis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Lightscapade is a beautiful MSF. I am a huge fan of MSFs to begin with, and this one has not dissappointed me at all. I don't wear it as a highlight as much as I do as an all over face powder. I am so pleased to have such a great edition to my stash :)
I'm NW25 for reference