November 26, 2014 | 1151 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Fleshpot

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2008 2:43:00 PM More reviews by ledisxo

I love this l/s so much, ever since i got it i have used it everyday...i have been lookin for something close to myth but with this packaging i feel hard in love this this..I usually apply bonus beat lightly on top of this l/s just to give it that shiny gloss look..my hubby loves this l/s too =) would love to get backup for this =)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 2:07:00 AM More reviews by heyannette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Hmm...I'm so not sure about this lipstick. I'm not much for applying lipstick then gloss, too picky for me. This is what most of the reviewers here suggest. I'm very warm and light skinned with dark hair and green eyes, I like warmth in my lipsticks and this shade is pretty neutral. Not grey/purple like Honeylove (no honey in Honeylove, see my review ;) - pretty much like MAC describes it - beige. But there is still just not enough warmth for me. I will try Myth next. I'm not quite ready to give up on Fleshpot yet though. May try some glosses overtop I just don't have any. Or rather, the ones I have are crappy weakly pigmented drugstore glosses.

I really like the formula, it goes on very smoothly, especially for a non shimmer matte and light shade as this one. Highly pigmented as well so I would recommend this to someone who wants a truly neutral matte nude lipstick - MAC does lipstick so well which is why I've rate it high even though it may not work for me personally. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2008 4:57:00 AM More reviews by MilesDevin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My HG lipstick. I can see why some would hate it. Well, not really, because in my opinion, you should never wear this without a slightly to heavily pigmented gloss on top of it. I wear this almost every day with Chanel's Galactic Glossimer, and there hasn't been one day at my work (hair salon) that I haven't gotten a compliment on my lips. Very pretty pale pink. I use this with MAC lipliner in Subculture.

I'm in love.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2008 6:53:00 PM More reviews by kassi73

I have to say, I absolutely adore this lipstick! It is one that is a little scary (at least on me!!) by itself, but you can layer just about anything over it for a gorgeous color. Pretty much any gloss or even lipstick you layer over it will automatically turn into a muted version of its previous self. Ive used Fleshpot to start getting rid of my "what was I thinking" colors. Bright berry glosses, etc. Mixed with Fleshpot, they turn into amazing nude-ish colors, tinted with whatever color they were originally. For example, I love mixing this with MAC Cultured liplass to make a nude pinky/mauve color. Or I like to mix it with MAC Sandy B. (which looks awful and wears awful on me) and it turns it into a nude peach. So pretty! Or NARS Orgasm gloss. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a great nude lipstick that is creamy and layerable. Or someone looking for a lippie to tone down some crazy gloss they bought on a whim. Dont we all have a few of those at the bottom of our makeup drawers?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2008 2:20:00 PM More reviews by graceiscool06x

Fleshpot is not exactly a foolproof, easy lipstick. When I first put it on i was like "OMG why did I buy this?!" I was determined to make it work. I only layered it a little and then put a rose colored sheer gloss on top (Estee Lauder vinyl gloss in vinyl chic). I think this needs another color to help you look like you are alive, not dead. Fleshpot is worth a try but you have to find the right way to wear it for you.

EDIT: I guess I found the right way because now Fleshpot is one of my most used glosses. I find using Blistex or another chapstick before helps fleshpot sheer out and go on more smooth. I love Fleshpot with Bare Necessity Dazzleglass or any light pink or peach lipgloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2008 11:51:00 PM More reviews by baer77

Love this lipstick! Obviously, the packaging is adorable, but the product inside is just as amazing! I usually like bright pink lipgloss on me. I love the recent Barbie, Fafi, and Heatherette bright glosses, but I've been wanting to try a nude lip. First of all, I think all of the varying opinions on this and all nude lippies in general are based on skintone. I saw Carrie Underwood on some awards show and fell in love with her lip look. I thought it was THE perfect nude lip! I had to find out what it was. So, thanks to MUA, I found out she had on Nars Honolulu Honey and Nars Orgasm l/g. I immediately rushed out and bought both. Um, looked COMPLETELY different on Carrie than on me. One woman's nude is another woman's orangey peach! Both of thes are great colors, just not nudes on me. I'm nc20/25-ish and Fleshpot is a great nude on me. I'm pretty lazy when it comes to my lips, but I lined first with stripdown, then used fleshpot, then topped with bonus beat l/g from Heatherette. It looked sooo good! and it lasted through an afternoon of shopping without having to re-apply! IMO, when looking for a nude lip, you really have to find something that works for your skintone. Fleshpot is a good neutral nude, not too pink or too yellow, and not as "white" as myth. I probably would buy this if I ever ran out, definately my favorite nude so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2008 6:07:00 PM More reviews by missmarkers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

In the tube, gross concealor lipstick. On your lips with a liner (I love it with Whirl), pretty. Topped with a heatherette lipglass like Sock hop or Starlet kiss? Gorgeous!!!! I don't think that I "fell" for this lipstick until I wore it with sock hop on top. It's a great nude shade to have....a true creamy full coverage nude with no overly brown, peach or pink tones. If you love nude lipsticks, you should own Fleshpot. (NC40)
Editing: After wearing this lipstick more and more, I've decided that I love it! Since it's almost sold out everywhere in the Heatherette packaging, it's also available from Mac pro (it's a regular line pro lipstick). It's so gorgeous, I can't get over it! It's really pretty with glossy shades on top and you can use it to make any lipstick/gloss look more creamy/milky. I think it's my favorite nude lipstick. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2008 7:16:00 PM More reviews by BABYDOLLx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fleshpot plus Starlet Kiss lipglass paired with some smokey eye just screams sex kitten! I absolutely adore the packaging.. so cute and girly :) If only the Heatherette line wasn't LE.. better stock up!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2008 2:04:00 AM More reviews by ShoeGurl26

For everyone just putting fleshpot straight on your lips and not liking what they see, try it with a lipliner (stripdown, spice, subculture) and realize that this lipstick needs a gloss too. Try a brighter gloss over top rather than a nude gloss. You will see why people love this... :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 2:34:00 PM More reviews by brookecouture

This lippie requires a lot of work to make it "you". By itself, or even with a liner, Fleshpot looks like hot mess concealor of death. Not nice. I have tried it paired with Sock Hop lipglass, though Starlet Kiss looked nice too. I tried it with clear lipglass and with saplicious lipgelee, neither of which helped fleshpot look less .... well.... fleshier. I like it, but wouldn't repurchase. I wouldn't even keep it if I didn't like the packaging. I thought I would hate the packaging but it's so tacky glam that I love it!
EDIT: ok I have been working with this. If you put Honey B liner all over your lips, then fleshpot, then a clear chapstick it looks completely beautiful and nude. Perfect. I'm NW20 or NC20 (yes I can rock both lol) for reference.