April 25, 2014 | 826 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Deep Cleansing Cream with Soap Bark and Chamomile

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by bttrflyrose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to love this cleanser up until they changed the formulation of it. Kudos to Burt's Bees for making this 100% natural (the previous formulation was 97% natural), but I actually prefer the old one. This one does not lather well. And I agree with the other reviewers about the menthol being too strong and burning my eyes. Even if I don't wash anywhere near my eye area I still get a burning sensation. The old formulation did not have as much menthol and lathered a little bit better. I'll purchase again if I can find any old ones :(

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2011 10:38:00 AM More reviews by rcmann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been trying to switch over to more natural products, and ones made in the US. Burt's Bees wins on both counts (although I wish it was still independently owned). Most of what I've tried of theirs is great, but the Deep Cleansing Cream doesn't suit me as much as their other products do.

Like other reviewers have said, it can burn your eyes. The first time I used it, I thought I had gotten some of the product into my eyes. So the next time, I took care to apply it no higher than my cheeks. My eyes were burning just as much before I even got to putting it on the rest of my face. I love Burt's Bees' Radiance products and their orange essence face wash, but won't be purchasing this cream again.

***Edited to add:
I gave this another shot and am thinking either I've quickly gotten used to the menthol in this, or maybe I got more of it in the first couple of doses than the more recent ones. At any rate, I'm finding it less irritating now and it works very well at cleaning out pores. If you've got oily or combo skin and aren't particularly sensitive to menthol, this could be a great product for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by bconwa02

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the most awful cleanser I have ever purchased. It burns my face and eyes with the menthol in it. Seriously? Who puts menthol in a face cleanser. Definitely not repurchasing and throwing out what I have left. Do not buy this!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by AlyssaKM

I have combination skin, oily in my t-zone, tend to get dry on my cheeks mostly in the winter. But this cleanser, which has an invigorating smell, truly cleans my skin without over-drying it! After a few weeks of use, I saw an improvement and a general positive difference in my face. Combined with the royal jelly moisturizer (with SPF) or the night cream (which I tend to use only in winter), this worked super well. Wish they had a toner?!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2011 9:33:00 AM More reviews by localholyp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is my favorite face wash and the only one i use. it's not too harsh on my skin and leaves it feeling really clean, and smells awesome and has the nicest cooling sensation on your face. probably better for people with drier skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by skim6926

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the most incredible facial cleansers I've ever used. It leaves your skin feeling smooth and soft, smells incredible and I love the refreshing, cool feeling. Your skin glows after using the cleanser.

I do concur with some other reviewers - best to take off your make up with another cleanser before using this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by karinc713

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

good cleanser for face- it cleans well, has a cooling effect, does not dry out skin, rinses clean and it made with natural ingredients. it's also cheap too!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2011 10:24:00 AM More reviews by DazzleDiaries

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i do love the fresh tingle on the skin upon application, but it does not clean all of the make up off so buyer should most certainly beware. i wipe off all my make up with a make up remove wipe and then use a cleanser and then a toner. when i used this as my cleanser, make up was still coming off on my cotton square when i swiped my face with a toner. and the product leaves a strange feeling on the skin...kinda like oil or vaseline. it just didnt work for me. so it gets 2 thumbs down. sorry Burt's!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by HelloCleo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just really like this stuff. It feels nice on my skin, very refreshing. My skin feels moisturized after each use. Anytime I try a new cleanser, when I'm done I go back to this one. Friends and family who stay over at my place will use it and end up purchasing it for themselves.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by CallieIsHere

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS CLEANSER!!!! I smells wonderful and feels wonderful, even on my oily skin!
It gives this tingling sensation, but since this is a natural product, you know that this isn't the cheap stuff other manufacturers put it - this is the real thing. It's wonderful and lasts a LONG time after you wash this rich cleanser off.
Like I said, it's rich and creamy. It's really thick, but it feels really really great.. the smell is really lemony and fresh, too.. it's just a wonderful product. After each and every use my skin is GLOWING!!! It really really helps with my breakouts, and I will always be using this, along with my clarisonic!! It's great for the sensitivity of my skin as well!
I do want so say though that the packing could be a little.. easier.. I'm afraid there was a couple more uses left in the bottle when I finally got to throw it out (it lasted forever.. well worth the money).. it's just too hard to get some out when you get to the last little bit..
I recommend this to anyone! It's great for all skin types, and I know that because I've had oiliness, dryness, normal, and very sensitive skin, and I've never had any kind of reacation to this in any sort of way. Really graet product, and I suggest you to give it a try!