October 25, 2014 | 905 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Deep Cleansing Cream with Soap Bark and Chamomile

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Starwind51

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't believe this product gets as many good reviews as it does. I keep wondering if there's something I'm doing wrong in using it. I've tried using less and less of it but it is bizarrely strong and dries out the outer layer of my skin while leaving a coating that causes breakouts and an oil flow. I've only used it in the shower where I can rinse it off without needing to use a wash cloth - the fragrance lingers in cloths and can't be washed out. I bought a tube of based on Burt's Bees image of gentle products but this product came as an affront and I swore never to buy it again. Unfortunately I didn't make a note of the name, ended up buying it again, gave it another chance, and it's just as awful as it was the first time.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by sezzleberry

This stuff burns my face. It sure does make my skin tingle and feel "fresh", but after my face dries my skin starts flake and itch. Even if it gets remotely close to my eye area I can feel my eyes watering from the menthol. I've given it a few chances but it doesn't improve with use. Doesn't suit my sensitive skin. Also, I favour natural beauty products to I prefer more "herb" scents over synthetic but this stuff just smells weird. I can't get used to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by PureSpirit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the way this product feels. It has a nice refreshing feel on my skin and invigorates my pores (whatever that means....haha) I have oily acne covered skin and this really clears everything up. I like that it's more natural than other products so it's a plus for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by beaumamselle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of the few cleansers to be gentle enough of my sensitive skin. I am very happy with this product, which also leaves a slight tingle when you use it and smells delicious, like lemons.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Nyghtbeauty

This is a great morning cleanser. It smells like lemon drops & will wake you up, and it is very gentle on my skin. But don't try using it to take off any makeup. I don't wear much more than mineral powder foundation, and it didn't take off any more of that than water alone. I'll probably keep it around & use it in a pinch some mornings, but I won't be buying it again. I can't really speak to its effectiveness for acne, because I didn't use it long enough or regularly enough to see any effect.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by 3cmclaughlin

I have been using this cleanser for a couple weeks now and i like that it cools my face and the tingling feeling. It has brought stubborn zits to the surface (which i wanted) and it really cleaning out my face. I think it is literally "purging" my face of all the bacteria. It is becoming clearer and I hope this makes my face go back to the way it was before I have a terrible break out in the summer. I have sensitive skin too and this doesnt make it red or irritated and it doesnt dry out my skin. This has shown benifits so far and I hope that they continue since i love how it is mostly natural. And i enjoy the menthol in it, its very refreshing on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by haha341778

Love this cleanser. After using it, my face feels refreshing. Clean very well and does not dry out the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by melanieschmidt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I wanted something organic with no chemicals and this is the perfect face wash. It doesn't lather (so it never drips into my eyes), but goes on like a thick cream. I use it in the shower with my clarisonic and the aroma is that of peppermint and banana taffy- smells luxurious and makes my skin tingle. A great cleanser overall- I'm almost done with my first tube and plan to repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by 3Mookie3

I really dig this product. It smells nice and removes most of my makeup. It also doesn't strip my skin of all of its natural oils. Since using this and a combination of tea tree oil mixed with vitamin e oil, my skin has greatly improved. Love it, and will likely repurchase unless I get the itch to try something new. ;-)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by bttrflyrose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to love this cleanser up until they changed the formulation of it. Kudos to Burt's Bees for making this 100% natural (the previous formulation was 97% natural), but I actually prefer the old one. This one does not lather well. And I agree with the other reviewers about the menthol being too strong and burning my eyes. Even if I don't wash anywhere near my eye area I still get a burning sensation. The old formulation did not have as much menthol and lathered a little bit better. I'll purchase again if I can find any old ones :(