Burt's Bees Deep Cleansing Cream with Soap Bark and Chamomile

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, sunflower oil, stearic acid(vegetable fat) vegetable glycerin, emulsifying wax, coconut oil, sodium borate (natural borax), cetyl alcohol, silica, glucose, witch hazel extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, chamomile extract, echinacea (coneflower) extract, soap bark extract, cocoa butter, rosemary leaf extract, tocopherol (Vitamin E), lemon oil, cilantro oil, tarragon oil, lavandin oil, jasmine oil, xanthan gum(natural thickener), sucrose stearate (sugar emulsifier), menthol, glucose oxidase, and lactoperoxidase (natural preservative).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

[EDIT: turns out I hadn't tried the reformulated cleanser and I find it inferior to the previous version. This one is 100% natural (as opposed to 97,5%) but it's more difficult to apply (thicker), smells like lemons and much more minty, which makes my eyes sting when I apply. The previous version was much more mild and easier to use.]

I'll be buying my second bottle of this soon and I bet it won't be the last. This is my favourite cleanser. It is mild, refreshing and feels really nice to use.
I have combination/dry skin and at first I thought the minty ingredient would be too drying for me but it didn't affect my skin at all, it only adds to the freshness of the wash. This is a cream cleanser so if you like to feel squeaky clean after washing your face this is definitely not for you. I love that after cleansing I don't have to run to put on moisturiser feeling like my face is going to crack, the skin feels clean but really comfortable. No film.
I would also suggest that if you don't like it give it to someone else: it might work really well for them. This is an OIL-BASED cleanser so I wouldn't advise anyone to clean sinks with it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is easily my new favorite cleansing cream. I'm currently 17, and I've been suffering from acne since I was 13 years old. I've went through every thing - Proactiv to pricier things like Murad. I've had products work to a degree, while some of them did nothing to help.

I've had a friend for about three years now, when we met in our Freshman year of high school. We both came into high school with horrible acne(same skin types; oily and acne-prone), and we suffered from it for years. When I finally had classes again with him this year, I noticed that his face was completely clear while, when my acne definitely went down, was still there.

He told me that he used Burt's Bees. I was really skeptical about the line at first, since I didn't see how something that was only eight dollars could help me that much.

Holy crap I was wrong. I bought this product last night, and as I washed it off I SWEAR I could see the acne becoming less visible - my face looked radiant and bright, and my skin was smooth to the touch. I don't understand how some people are complaining about a "film" on their face after washing their faces. I used my hands and water, and the product came off completely fine. This product seems like the type of thing that you don't need a whole lot of however, so that may be the reason as to why people feel like there's grease.

When I came home from school today, I washed my face off with this product once again, and when I came downstairs ... for the first time in five years, my family said that my face looked so 100% clear like never before. I guess this is a lesson that natural, organic products are better than even the most powerful medications recommended by the dermatologist.

For eight dollars, even if the product doesn't work as well for you, I think it's worth the try anyway. I fell in love, and I hope any new customers do as well!

on 2/28/2012 12:33:00 AM

I love Burt's Bees! It is a God send for my sensitive, acne prone, and damaged skin. Not only has my acne decreased and almost been eliminated, my skin is super smooth and I don't feel acne scabs when I touch my face. The smell comes off as very minty at first, but I grew to like the smell. I do not use it anywhere near my eyes and use a seperate makeup remover for that. As for the "film" people feel, I felt it at first too, which I would take over the tight feeling that I tend to get with most cleansers.Overall I can see an improvement in my skin(for the first time using any product) and will continue to buy!

on 2/17/2012 9:31:00 PM

I haven't posted a review in ages, but after getting a chemical burn on my chin a few minutes ago from this product, I figured I'd better warn folks about this cleanser. I used this as directed on my face, which is slightly dry but not usually sensitive. It felt like I was using Icy Hot on my face. My chin is red and burning. I really can't believe how harsh this is. I was going to throw it away immediately, but I think I'll use it to clean my sink. It's certainly strong enough to do the trick.

I'd stay away from this product, but if you decide to try it, be careful.

on 2/7/2012 10:46:00 PM

I bought this hoping it would in fact be a deep cleanser but also sooth my skin at the same time.

It does sooth my skin but it's a very poor cleanser. The addition of menthol seems to be there to imply that it is deep cleaning your skin. And it does imply it very well. But my skin feels like a film remains and rinsing and wiping with cotton pads.

When used as a second cleanse after another crappy cleanser all my makeup seems to be gone.

Don't really like it that much, but it does seem to be quite soothing.

on 2/7/2012 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Love this! I love how it is minty and when air hits my face is a nice cool tingly feeling. It washes off all my make up without problems (with a wash cloth). I have sensitive skin but this hasn`t caused any problems. Love it, will DEFINITELY buy again.

on 1/29/2012 11:10:00 AM

I wanted to like this product-it smells great and like the way it tingles on my skin. Unfortunately, it didn't really clean my face very well and ended up with breakouts on my chin. It will go into the box under the sink to give away to one of my teenage nieces. Maybe it will work for them.

on 1/15/2012 9:10:00 PM

this is my absolute favourite cleanser. it keeps my dry, sensitive skin so soft and moisturized. i massage a small amount into my face and leave it there while i do everything else, rinsing it off just before i get out. it's like a mini-facial every day. people complaining about the camphor... maybe read the ingredients? if you're sensitive to it, don't buy it. seems pretty easy to me. (also... personally, i never buy anything (literally) without reading a few reviews first, isn't that sort of what mua is for?)

on 1/12/2012 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I can't believe this product gets as many good reviews as it does. I keep wondering if there's something I'm doing wrong in using it. I've tried using less and less of it but it is bizarrely strong and dries out the outer layer of my skin while leaving a coating that causes breakouts and an oil flow. I've only used it in the shower where I can rinse it off without needing to use a wash cloth - the fragrance lingers in cloths and can't be washed out. I bought a tube of based on Burt's Bees image of gentle products but this product came as an affront and I swore never to buy it again. Unfortunately I didn't make a note of the name, ended up buying it again, gave it another chance, and it's just as awful as it was the first time.

on 1/9/2012 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff burns my face. It sure does make my skin tingle and feel "fresh", but after my face dries my skin starts flake and itch. Even if it gets remotely close to my eye area I can feel my eyes watering from the menthol. I've given it a few chances but it doesn't improve with use. Doesn't suit my sensitive skin. Also, I favour natural beauty products to I prefer more "herb" scents over synthetic but this stuff just smells weird. I can't get used to it.