September 17, 2014 | 1957 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Deep Cleansing Cream with Soap Bark and Chamomile

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by beaumamselle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of the few cleansers to be gentle enough of my sensitive skin. I am very happy with this product, which also leaves a slight tingle when you use it and smells delicious, like lemons.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Nyghtbeauty

This is a great morning cleanser. It smells like lemon drops & will wake you up, and it is very gentle on my skin. But don't try using it to take off any makeup. I don't wear much more than mineral powder foundation, and it didn't take off any more of that than water alone. I'll probably keep it around & use it in a pinch some mornings, but I won't be buying it again. I can't really speak to its effectiveness for acne, because I didn't use it long enough or regularly enough to see any effect.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by 3cmclaughlin

I have been using this cleanser for a couple weeks now and i like that it cools my face and the tingling feeling. It has brought stubborn zits to the surface (which i wanted) and it really cleaning out my face. I think it is literally "purging" my face of all the bacteria. It is becoming clearer and I hope this makes my face go back to the way it was before I have a terrible break out in the summer. I have sensitive skin too and this doesnt make it red or irritated and it doesnt dry out my skin. This has shown benifits so far and I hope that they continue since i love how it is mostly natural. And i enjoy the menthol in it, its very refreshing on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by haha341778

Love this cleanser. After using it, my face feels refreshing. Clean very well and does not dry out the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by melanieschmidt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I wanted something organic with no chemicals and this is the perfect face wash. It doesn't lather (so it never drips into my eyes), but goes on like a thick cream. I use it in the shower with my clarisonic and the aroma is that of peppermint and banana taffy- smells luxurious and makes my skin tingle. A great cleanser overall- I'm almost done with my first tube and plan to repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by 3Mookie3

I really dig this product. It smells nice and removes most of my makeup. It also doesn't strip my skin of all of its natural oils. Since using this and a combination of tea tree oil mixed with vitamin e oil, my skin has greatly improved. Love it, and will likely repurchase unless I get the itch to try something new. ;-)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by bttrflyrose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to love this cleanser up until they changed the formulation of it. Kudos to Burt's Bees for making this 100% natural (the previous formulation was 97% natural), but I actually prefer the old one. This one does not lather well. And I agree with the other reviewers about the menthol being too strong and burning my eyes. Even if I don't wash anywhere near my eye area I still get a burning sensation. The old formulation did not have as much menthol and lathered a little bit better. I'll purchase again if I can find any old ones :(

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2011 10:38:00 AM More reviews by rcmann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been trying to switch over to more natural products, and ones made in the US. Burt's Bees wins on both counts (although I wish it was still independently owned). Most of what I've tried of theirs is great, but the Deep Cleansing Cream doesn't suit me as much as their other products do.

Like other reviewers have said, it can burn your eyes. The first time I used it, I thought I had gotten some of the product into my eyes. So the next time, I took care to apply it no higher than my cheeks. My eyes were burning just as much before I even got to putting it on the rest of my face. I love Burt's Bees' Radiance products and their orange essence face wash, but won't be purchasing this cream again.

***Edited to add:
I gave this another shot and am thinking either I've quickly gotten used to the menthol in this, or maybe I got more of it in the first couple of doses than the more recent ones. At any rate, I'm finding it less irritating now and it works very well at cleaning out pores. If you've got oily or combo skin and aren't particularly sensitive to menthol, this could be a great product for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by bconwa02

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the most awful cleanser I have ever purchased. It burns my face and eyes with the menthol in it. Seriously? Who puts menthol in a face cleanser. Definitely not repurchasing and throwing out what I have left. Do not buy this!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by AlyssaKM

I have combination skin, oily in my t-zone, tend to get dry on my cheeks mostly in the winter. But this cleanser, which has an invigorating smell, truly cleans my skin without over-drying it! After a few weeks of use, I saw an improvement and a general positive difference in my face. Combined with the royal jelly moisturizer (with SPF) or the night cream (which I tend to use only in winter), this worked super well. Wish they had a toner?!