Burt's Bees Deep Cleansing Cream with Soap Bark and Chamomile

3.6

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, sunflower oil, stearic acid(vegetable fat) vegetable glycerin, emulsifying wax, coconut oil, sodium borate (natural borax), cetyl alcohol, silica, glucose, witch hazel extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, chamomile extract, echinacea (coneflower) extract, soap bark extract, cocoa butter, rosemary leaf extract, tocopherol (Vitamin E), lemon oil, cilantro oil, tarragon oil, lavandin oil, jasmine oil, xanthan gum(natural thickener), sucrose stearate (sugar emulsifier), menthol, glucose oxidase, and lactoperoxidase (natural preservative).

on 2/28/2012 12:33:00 AM

I love Burt's Bees! It is a God send for my sensitive, acne prone, and damaged skin. Not only has my acne decreased and almost been eliminated, my skin is super smooth and I don't feel acne scabs when I touch my face. The smell comes off as very minty at first, but I grew to like the smell. I do not use it anywhere near my eyes and use a seperate makeup remover for that. As for the "film" people feel, I felt it at first too, which I would take over the tight feeling that I tend to get with most cleansers.Overall I can see an improvement in my skin(for the first time using any product) and will continue to buy!

on 2/17/2012 9:31:00 PM

I haven't posted a review in ages, but after getting a chemical burn on my chin a few minutes ago from this product, I figured I'd better warn folks about this cleanser. I used this as directed on my face, which is slightly dry but not usually sensitive. It felt like I was using Icy Hot on my face. My chin is red and burning. I really can't believe how harsh this is. I was going to throw it away immediately, but I think I'll use it to clean my sink. It's certainly strong enough to do the trick.

I'd stay away from this product, but if you decide to try it, be careful.

on 2/7/2012 10:46:00 PM

I bought this hoping it would in fact be a deep cleanser but also sooth my skin at the same time.

It does sooth my skin but it's a very poor cleanser. The addition of menthol seems to be there to imply that it is deep cleaning your skin. And it does imply it very well. But my skin feels like a film remains and rinsing and wiping with cotton pads.

When used as a second cleanse after another crappy cleanser all my makeup seems to be gone.

Don't really like it that much, but it does seem to be quite soothing.

on 2/7/2012 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Love this! I love how it is minty and when air hits my face is a nice cool tingly feeling. It washes off all my make up without problems (with a wash cloth). I have sensitive skin but this hasn`t caused any problems. Love it, will DEFINITELY buy again.

on 1/29/2012 11:10:00 AM

I wanted to like this product-it smells great and like the way it tingles on my skin. Unfortunately, it didn't really clean my face very well and ended up with breakouts on my chin. It will go into the box under the sink to give away to one of my teenage nieces. Maybe it will work for them.

on 1/15/2012 9:10:00 PM

this is my absolute favourite cleanser. it keeps my dry, sensitive skin so soft and moisturized. i massage a small amount into my face and leave it there while i do everything else, rinsing it off just before i get out. it's like a mini-facial every day. people complaining about the camphor... maybe read the ingredients? if you're sensitive to it, don't buy it. seems pretty easy to me. (also... personally, i never buy anything (literally) without reading a few reviews first, isn't that sort of what mua is for?)

on 1/12/2012 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I can't believe this product gets as many good reviews as it does. I keep wondering if there's something I'm doing wrong in using it. I've tried using less and less of it but it is bizarrely strong and dries out the outer layer of my skin while leaving a coating that causes breakouts and an oil flow. I've only used it in the shower where I can rinse it off without needing to use a wash cloth - the fragrance lingers in cloths and can't be washed out. I bought a tube of based on Burt's Bees image of gentle products but this product came as an affront and I swore never to buy it again. Unfortunately I didn't make a note of the name, ended up buying it again, gave it another chance, and it's just as awful as it was the first time.

on 1/9/2012 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff burns my face. It sure does make my skin tingle and feel "fresh", but after my face dries my skin starts flake and itch. Even if it gets remotely close to my eye area I can feel my eyes watering from the menthol. I've given it a few chances but it doesn't improve with use. Doesn't suit my sensitive skin. Also, I favour natural beauty products to I prefer more "herb" scents over synthetic but this stuff just smells weird. I can't get used to it.

on 1/2/2012 6:01:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I love the way this product feels. It has a nice refreshing feel on my skin and invigorates my pores (whatever that means....haha) I have oily acne covered skin and this really clears everything up. I like that it's more natural than other products so it's a plus for me.

on 12/28/2011 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is one of the few cleansers to be gentle enough of my sensitive skin. I am very happy with this product, which also leaves a slight tingle when you use it and smells delicious, like lemons.