Cover Girl CG Smoothers Pressed Powder

3.8

Talc, Mineral Oil, Avena Sativa Kernel Flour (Oat), Zinc Stearate, Polyoxymethylene Urea, Isopropyl Isostearate, Fragrance/Parfum, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract (Marticaria), C10 18 Triglycerides, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, BHT, Quaternium 15, Mica, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 8/30/2008 1:10:00 AM

I have been using this powder for a while, though it's not the best on the market, I have yet to find a powder I love. I live where it is rainy, hot, and humid during the summer, and I think this does an ok job at keeping my shine away considering the elements. I just pack some blotting papers and that seems to do the trick. In the winter or even the summer when I get a few dry patches I try not to use this around those areas, as with any powder they make dry skin show up worse.
The smell is a bit strong, but it's clean smelling, which I am not bothered by at all. I do how ever recommend using a powder brush to apply this, if you use the puff, it tends to look cakey. As for the packaging, it's your usual compact, nothing crazy. I'd buy this again unless I find something else I like better. For the price it's not bad either.

on 8/12/2008 10:24:00 PM

it is so so.
the power is very very harsh,the fragrance almost make me faint!I can't let it close to my nose or I'll be fainted in the bathroom.
can't control shine and oil very well,the coverage is so so.
you can just throw the powder puff away when you open it.
the only thing I like is it won't cause my skin breakout.
I'm so glad that it is a gift(with my aquasmooth)
a totally garbage.

on 4/29/2008 12:31:00 AM

This is a really good drugstore find!!! I have dry/sensitive skin so I have never been a fan of powder... however I suffer from persistent redness and I am just tired of it so recently I have started using some covering up. I dab foundation only on the red areas but noticed it didn't lasted. So I decided to try some powder on top to see if it improved the situation.
Since it was an experiment I wasn't willing to buy a super expensive powder... I came upon these reviews and decided to give it a shot. OMG this powder is awesomeeee!!
I have been getting away with just dusting my face with a big powder brush paying special attention to the red areas (it provides a light coverage), concealer and some bronzer. Its fabulous... people have stopped asking me if I am tired and I ditched the foundation for daily use :) now its for special occassions only! Doesn't accentuate flakes, no irritation, no pimples... nothing bad to say about it really.
The color selection seems limited but since the colors are translucent they can match several skin tones. I am a very light skinned Hispanic (yellow undertones but pink cheeks) and bought Translucent Light. It looks super light in the compact and thought I would look like a ghost but when I put it on it blended in beautifully. I might even be able to get away with Translucent Medium if I am a little bit tanned. Don't be scared by what it looks like in the compact... this really blends in!
Its like $5 when not in sale, so for the price this is a pretty darn good product.
EDIT: I've been using this for about 3 weeks and still no problems... I have to say this is HG for me now... I will never try any other powder! Why bother messing with such a good (and cheap!!) thing??

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I can say I've tried almost all of covergirls pressed powders over the years. The formulas still the same no matter what they rename it, just a different scent. Their powder does take the redness out of my skin and covers pores well, but after a couple hours it gets really oily, due to my combo skin. I reapplied here and there only to make my face look like an even worse oilier mess. The worst part is that if you have dry skin be aware that every dry skin cell will show up in chalkiness on your face. Will never repurchase again.

on 2/4/2008 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Not my favorite but definitely an okay product. It's cheap, it covers and blends well, and doesn't make me break out. It gets kind of splotchy if I am sweaty so it limits use to fall/winter. I cannot say I would repurchase this one as there are better out there.

on 1/28/2008 6:22:00 PM

its cheap
kinda grainy and after a while the top looks kinda funny from rubbing the applicator on it...
but its cheap and it works for quick touchups or when your good stuff is out...

on 1/21/2008 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

pro: cheap, wide color range, makes your face look wonderful in photos ( a fab - and more affordable- substitute for Lancome's Photogenic powder). plus, translucent "based" colors means means it isnt a big deal if you go one color up or down.

cons: large glitter particles, poor staying power, and chamomile smells smell cheap, causes acne

on 1/11/2008 10:54:00 AM

I hate all of their compressed powders.

It's wicked cheap make-up that I remember high school girls wearing and looking extremely bad in.

Cakey if too much is used -- dusty on the skin.

And none of the colors are ever right for me. Too white, or too orange/dark.

Absolutely no coverage (unless you apply a lot and then it looks caked on).

Yuck.

I tried this in translucent light, and it made me look like a ghost! If I apply enough, I can make my skin look like I've spent a week in the snow. However, it went on smoothly, and didn't cause any acne problems. I'd buy this again, but in a different, darker color.

on 6/3/2007 7:19:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Goes on grainy and has an unpleasent smell to it. I do not care for it.